The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

Congratulations @Peitho! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yay @Peitho :partying_face:

1 Like

:rofl::zipper_mouth_face::+1:

Thank you - Some questions suited me, others were flukey guesses! The total in my head was definitely less than 20 though. Looked up nihilist after guessing “nothing” because it sounded like nil… Still have no idea what that actually is, yet somehow got the point :woman_shrugging:t2:.

1 Like

Well done @Peitho :clap: :champagne: How do you know all this stuff? :sweat_smile:

Congratulations @Peitho! Very well deserved as a hard set of questions so amazing score :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Thank you for holding out for me @Ian_Chimp - love a hump day quiz (even though I rarely do it in time for the actual hump day :joy:)

2 Likes

@Peitho congrats a very dizzying high score and well done to everyone else.

@Ian_Chimp looking at the answers looks like I should have 2 for :poop: and will bump me up to 12 points whoop whoop

2 Likes

:rofl: I like quizzes and always throw in guesses if I can think of anything vaguely in the right area :woman_shrugging:t2:. I think when we have film cheeky weekenders though I fully show my weak subject!!!

Usually get beaten here too though, I think @WillC holds the most wins by a mile! :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Good shout. I have amended your score. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I like quizzes and throw in educated guesses too. Sometimes i think i may have an advantage by being older and having a wider pop culture knowledge, especially music, films, tv, comics etc. But in the end, you either know them or you don’t! I consider it a good result if i get ONE Sprot and Leisure question right! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks it makes my score look way way better :partying_face:

2 Likes

Random little weekend quiz, will pop the answers up tomorrow night probably! @WillC @Ian_Chimp @Peitho @SexInTheCity @FL45H @LuciousLegs @Silkyhat @Kitty-Cat01 @VanillaWithSprinkles anyone else also welcome to have a go :blush:

Are vampire crabs a real animal?

What are the bumps on a giraffe’s head called?

What surname is shared by a 19th century serial killer and a fictional detective?

How many US states contain the letter Y?

Name two of the football (soccer) clubs associated with the controversial European Super League announcements a few weeks ago?

What flower/plant has a variety named after Queen Elizabeth the Second, cultivated in the 1950s?

How many Marvel Avengers movies have there been? (Ones with Avengers in the title)?

What are the names of the Weasley twins in Harry Potter?

What is a Devon Rex?

Swaziland’s name was officially changed to what in 2018?

3 Likes
My attempt at the Random Little Weekend Quiz
  1. Yes
  2. :thinking: Thought bumps?
  3. Holmes?
  4. Wyoming, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York… assuming at least a couple more so 6???
  5. :woman_shrugging:t2: Chelsea? and Manchester City?
  6. Rose
  7. :woman_shrugging:t2: 5?
  8. I know Ron is not one… Bill and Ben?
  9. Cat :cat2:
  10. eSwatini… seems an odd choice and very eBay inspired though I don’t know the politics behind it :woman_shrugging:t2:

Thanks @MsSubExperimenter

1 Like

Here goes! :grimacing::flushed:

My attempt
  1. Yes
  2. The only detective I can think of is Sherlock Holmes so Holmes? :see_no_evil:
  3. :woman_shrugging: 4?
  4. Arsenal, Manchester City ?
  5. ?
  6. 4
  7. Fred and George
  8. A Cat :cat2:
  9. :woman_shrugging:

I’m don’t think I’m very good at this :confused:

1 Like
WillC Answers

1, Yes!
2, No idea
3, Holmes?
4, 6?
5, Man UTD and Spurs?
6, Rose? (Sure my mom had Queen Elizabeth roses in her garden!)
7, Hmmmm 4 if we count Endgame as a separate movie to Infinity War rather than a continuation!
8, George and Fred!
9, Cat i think?
10, Eswatini (A Pointless staple!)

1 Like

@Peitho 7 :blush: :tada:

1 Like

@Kitty-Cat01 6 :blush::+1:t2:

1 Like

@WillC 9! Impressed you got the sport :smiley::+1:t2:

1 Like

I knew one from the news and guessed the other likely contender! :wink:

1 Like