The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

Well, i promise to take part every Wednesday up to Aug 4th, hopefully others will too.
Just a suggestion but maybe keeping it open a few days might encourage more people if they’re too busy on Wednesday/Thursday? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I thoroughly appreciate the Hump Day Quiz! I do understand what you’re saying, definitely a bit disheartening when the take up is low especially as they’re quite a bit of work for you to put out but you’ll at least have me and @WillC battling it out (and me coming 2nd :joy:) until August 4th!

3 Likes

Hey @Peitho it’s all about the luck of the draw with the questions i sometimes feel i have an unfair advantage of being old! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You two are the star participants, without a shadow of a doubt. :slightly_smiling_face: In fact, you can have a couple of these :star2::star2: to add to your trophy hordes as a sign of appreciation. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks, just don’t ask me to brush up on sprot! :wink:

2 Likes

Tester quiz:

Can anyone identify this item on the Lovehoney website from its garbled description?

Is this do-able?

So I can easily read what you wrote, but not familiar with much of the toys on the site. But I’m sure others will spot it very easily

1 Like

Similar to @LuciousLegs, I can read the text quite easily but am a little lost with identifying the item. I feel I’d be googling the entire piece of text in order to actually find it :joy: The picture quiz was quite easy in that once you had identified the product it was obvious from the main picture, but navigating a somewhat glitchy/slow (or at least it can be for me) Lovehoney website to find the description puts me off a little.

2 Likes

I feel it has to be, based on 2.5 inch canal, 7 thrusting and 14 vibration modes the Blowmotion Pulse Vibration Rechargeable Vibrating Male Masturbator but searching I can’t actually find that review there!

I then cheated and went to Google which directed me to the same product but I still can’t find the review and have now wasted way too much time :rofl:.

No, I’m sorry, I don’t fancy doing 10 of these!

ETA Doh, just realised you were looking at description rather than a review!!! Think I’ve got reviews running through my head as just submitted one plus all the earlier chat :see_no_evil:. It is the product I’ve linked and I didn’t need to waste anywhere near as much time!

1 Like

Good lord. I’m not a monster. :slightly_smiling_face:

You found the product quick enough though. Does that change your vote?

I’d be up for it but would need to be a weekend rather than a full on working day for me or maybe, as @WillC suggested for the quiz earlier more than 24 hours to allow people time? To be honest, I think I do prefer the picture version but that may be influenced by how long I spent using the review search system and the incredibly annoying juddering loading review pages completely unnecessarily :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ll do picture ones as well. :slightly_smiling_face: (at least I will when the pictures work again).

I’m trying to think of a few variations to keep things fresh. :slightly_smiling_face: How about a backwards description of a PotW rather than toys?

How

‮Both partners kneel and face each other in an intimate embrace, with their thighs touching and arms pulling their torsos in close together.

Well I can read it fine but haven’t a clue what position it is… I need to go feed pony but will have a look through the PotW thread later and see if the description leaps out of the pictures at me. If it does that might work well :+1:

Take a Knee - quite like that because you just go through the yearly thumb nail entries until you find one that fits… then click through for a closer look to see if you’re right. Though Take a Knee might be one of the easier ones to spot, it is definitely an easier format than the toy descriptions and the whole site to peruse though and maybe some inspiration for people along the way.

1 Like

Nice. :+1: I’ll put together a full one of them to test out properly.

1 Like

Back to ‮Front

Think you know your Positions of the Week back to front? Let’s find out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you identify each of these positions from their garbled 'How’s? And how fast can you do it? If you chuck a time in I’ll add it to the scoreboard. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

And the right way round if anyone needs it: 🙂

The partner on the bottom sits propped on one arm, with their legs stretched out in front of them. The partner being penetrated then lowers themself onto them, raising one leg over their partner’s shoulder. For added support, the partner on the bottom should wrap their arm around their waist.

She stands with her back to him, he penetrates. He holds her hips while she leans forward onto her hands, putting her legs behind his.

He sits down, legs spread. She sits between his legs, helps him penetrate, then puts her legs on his shoulders. Both rest on your hands.

She lies on her back with her legs wide open. He lies across her and in between her thighs with his pelvis meeting hers in the middle. She raises her top leg and he grabs hold of her calf to help edge him in closer to penetrate her.

The giving partner lies on their back with their knees raised and their feet positioned flat on the floor. The receiving partner climbs on top and facing away from the reclining partner, straddles them and holds onto their knees while leaning onto their thighs for support.

Start in the traditional doggie-style pose with her on all fours and him behind. He supports her with his hands while she comes up on her knees.

He sits down with his knees bent and feet on the floor. She climbs on top of him and places her torso over his knees with her bum facing towards him and her knees resting either side of his hips. By placing her hands on the floor either side of his feet, she can balance herself and work with him to manoeuvre herself into a comfortable position.

The receiving partner lies sideways, holding their head with one arm bent at the elbow and their knees slightly bent. The giving partner kneels behind the receiving partner so they are vertical to the reclining partner’s body, with their knees widened to aid penetration.

The receiving partner crouches on all fours with their knees bent, while the giving partner crouches and enters them from behind. The giving partner holds onto the receiving partner’s waist to draw them in deeper.

She lies flat, he lies on top and penetrates. She keeps her legs closed and he puts his legs either side of hers.

Answers TBD :slightly_smiling_face:

Scoreboard | Time :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Is 10 too many?

1 Like

Tougher than I thought but was a fun little quiz! Most frustrating part was flicking between tabs to check the clue and then browse the positions. I think 10 is a good number though.

Here goes…

Hooked On You
The Babe Bendover
The Voyeur
Kinky Crossroads
The Thighs the Limit
The Grind
Bottoms Up
The Good Side
Kanga-ooh!
The Sandwich

Took a total of 18 minutes and 14 seconds.

1 Like

My answers:

Summary
  1. Hooked on You
  2. The Babe Bendover
  3. The Voyeur
  4. Kinky Crossroads (this one took longer as I wasn’t quite sure what the description was actually describing… did find a couple that looked good before getting the right one, which does not, though! :rofl:)
  5. The Thigh’s the Limit
  6. The Grind (this took ages as I was picturing the wrong thing!)
  7. Bottoms Up
  8. The Good Side
  9. Kanga-ooh!
  10. The Sandwich

I’m significantly slower than @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x …started at 11:20 so about 40 mins but that was mainly being confused by 4 and 6. Fun, I enjoyed it but am now far too late going to bed! :rofl:

2 Likes

I have added in a scoreboard. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

(and sorry for keeping you up late @Peitho :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

(30/06/21)

The Great Hump Day Quiz! 🐪

Welcome to another Great Hump Day Quiz!

We’re always trying to add more people to our quiz gang, so check out how to hide your answers, pop them in a post, and I’ll add you to the Scoreboard. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Where do the questions come from?

I found a mysterious old box of trivial pursuit, with even more trivial pursuits stuffed inside. It is a treasure trove of quiz questions, and all of them really old. :slightly_smiling_face: Perfect fodder for a Hump Day special. :+1:

Piecing together a few bits and bobs, there were three sets, and a couple of the instructions. One is a Genus Edition, dated 2001, and the other the 20th Anniversary one, 2004. There’s also another old style board and questions in there that looks/smells quite a bit older. That’s the box they’re all stuffed in, and that has ©1983 printed on it. No instructions, so not sure if that’s accurate. That one says it’s a Master Game Genus Edition.

(Edit: Now with an added sprinkling of more recent questions too :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

So, there you go. It’s a bit random, but it should add to the fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

Categories:

💙 Geography
  1. In which US state is Fort Knox located?

2. Which city and state capital in Australia was named after the wife of British King William IV?

3. Which park in central London is home to the Serpertine Lake and Speakers’ Corner?

4. Name one of the two countries whose flags comprise just a red stripe on top of a white stripe on the botttom?

5. The most southerly country in Africa is the island nation of Madagascar - true or false?

💗Entertainment
  1. Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt portrayed Bruce Willis’ younger self in which time-tripping film?

2. In which fictional town in Rhode Island does the cartoon Family Guy take place?

3. Which English actress won a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar for the 1995 film Sense and Sensibility?

4. The title character in which children’s TV series is a magical cloth cat, with pink-and-cream stripes, whose owner is called Emily?

5. In the movie Pulp Fiction, all the clocks are set to 4:20. True or false?

💛 History
  1. The heart of which King of Scotland, who died in 1329, is buried at Melrose Abbey?

2. Which of Henry VIII’s wives is buried alongside him in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle?

3. Which British monarch was depicted in profile on the Penny Black, the world’s first adhesive postage stamp, which was issued in the UK in 1840?

4. Who was the last significant Habsburg monarch, who was also emperor of Austria and the longest-reigning Hungarian king?

5. Following his abdication in 1936, the former king Edward VIII was created Duke of… where?

💩 Art & Literature
  1. In which Canadian province does Anne of Green Gables live?

2. According to the title, how old was Adrian Mole when his Secret Diary was published in 1982?

3. Mr Smee is the bumbling sidekick of which literary villain?

4. In The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe the White Witch lures Edmund with which sweet treat?

5. What is the style of painting that uses opaque watercolours?

💚 Science & Nature
  1. What distance above sea level is the scientific definition of the edge of space, called the Kármán Line - 100km, 153km, 240km?

2. In 1973, the Oldsmobile Toronado was the first car to include which pioneering safety feature?

3. Which flowering plant shares its name with the Ancient Greek goddess of the rainbow?

4. What’s the common name for the third molars inside a human mouth?

5. Which ‘living fossil’ is harvested by the millions each year so that its blood can be used to test new medicine?

🧡 Sprot & Leisure
  1. In poker, what is it called when your hand includes an ace, king, queen, jack and ten, all in the same suit?

2. Which Leicester-born footballer was top goal-scorer at the 1986 FIFA World Cup, becoming the only England player in history to win the Golden Boot?

3. Which racetrack is home to the Kentucky Derby?

4. Jib, spinnaker and lateen are all types of what?

5. What does the abbreviation TL;DR stand for?

Scoreboard

Total :blue_heart: :heartpulse: :yellow_heart: :poop: :green_heart: :orange_heart:
@WillC 20 4 3 3 4 3 3
@Peitho 19 3 3 4 2 4 3
@Ian_Chimp 17 2 4 2 3 2 4
@MsSubExperimenter 16½ 5 3 1 2 2
The Answers

| :blue_heart: Geography | :heartpulse: Entertainment
— | — | —

1. Kentucky | 1. Looper (His transformation took three hours in the make-up chair)
  2. Adelaide | 2. Quahog (Which is also a type of clam, on of the state’s symbols)
  3. Hyde Park | 3. Emma Thompson (Thompson also played Elinor Dashwood in the film)
  4. Indonesia :indonesia:, Monaco :monaco: | 4. Bagpuss
  5. False (South Africa is the most southerly African nation) | 5. False (Common myth busted! Although many of the clocks show the time 4:20, others do not)
    |
    :yellow_heart: History |
    :poop: Arts & Literature |
  6. Robert the Bruce (Robert I) (His body was buried separately, in Dunfermline Abbey) | 1. Prince Edward Island
  7. Jane Seymour (She was his third wife, and the mother of his only legitimate male heir) | 2. Thirteen-and-three-quarters
  8. Queen Victoria | 3. Captain Hook
  9. Franz Joseph | 4. Turkish delight
  10. Windsor | 5. Gouache
    |
    :green_heart: Science & Nature |
    :orange_heart: Sprot & Leisure |
  11. 100km (Above this line there isn’t enough air to support aeronautical flight) | 1. Royal Flush
  12. Airbag (The safety cushion had been in development since 1953) | 2. Gary Linekar
  13. Iris | 3. Churchill Downs (In Louisville, Kentucky)
  14. Wisdom teeth | 4. Sails
  15. Horseshoe Crab (It’s baby-blue blood binds with any bacterial contamination) | 5. Too long; didn’t read
1 Like