The Lounge

I’ll be there hoping to get arrested by @Cupc8kes.

2 Likes

@steve19 what would you be likely to get arrested for?

I thought i’d tell one of my crime fighting stories as it’s fresh in my mind from mentioning weed elsewhere on the forum…the house adjoining ours was rented out and we have had some “interesting” neighbours over the years, from total scrotes, to friendly Goths to some nice lads who were quiet and never seemed to have visitors. We loved the lads as they were never any trouble, kept the garden tidy, no excessive noise etc. We even exchanged wine and Xmas cards.
One night about 3am, i woke to the sound of banging and splintering wood, coming from the bedroom on the other side of our party wall. I looked out the front window and saw that none of the lad’s cars were there(We assumed they worked shifts) so the house was empty. I then went to the back bedroom and looked out to see a youth in their back garden. I opened the window and bellowed in my loudest deepest voice “What the f*** are you doing” the young scrote panicked and leapt the neighbour’s fence to escape. By now my OH had called the police, and very soon they arrived. We let them in our garden with a police dog, to scale the fence and get in next door’s garden. Strangely there were no signs of entry front or back. By now with all the commotion, the next door but one neighbour who owns the rented house was out. I told the police that there was definitely someone in there smashing things up, and the landlord gave them a contact for one of the lads. As it was now 4am and my OH had to be up early for work, the police said we were ok to go back to bed. We did hear the police dog’s paws on the bare floorboards in the bedroom next door once the lad let them in though before dropping off.
My OH went to work, it was my day off and i got up early to paint our newly installed interior doors. I was painting away with the radio on loud, but i could hear banging next door, this would be about 9am. I looked out the front bedroom window to see a big white van backed up to the front door, with a couple of people in those white CSI style jumpsuits! I assumed they were CSI’s taking prints etc! My OH rang me on her break and asked what was going on, i told her and she jokingly said she hoped the lads hadn’t left any drugs about!
I carried on painting whilst the banging noises went on.
I stopped for a coffee and sandwich and looked out the window again, to see two skips on the drive full of silver ducting, black buckets and soil!
Then the penny dropped!
Apparently those nice young lads had turned every room into a cannabis farm except for the bathroom and lounge! The humidity had ruined whatever carpets were down and blown the plaster off the walls!
So by being neighbourly i had foiled a cannabis growing factory!
In hindsight they could have burned our houses down with the humidity and all the electricity they were using, so i didn’t feel too guilty! We didn’t have to go to court or anything, and i never found out who was in the house, but they must have had a key, just not one to the bedroom door which they’d obviously kicked in.
People were amazed that we didn’t smell it, but we didn’t smell a thing!
The owner of that house, now vets his tennants more scrupulously and we have a nice family with kids next door! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw some pictures in the paper of one where they’d ripped up all the floorboards and just dumped soil into the exposed space and grew straight from that. It seemed like a lot of extra effort to save a few quid on plant pots. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also find it funny when the police/authorities burn a load (sometimes fields of it) and then you can see them all in the video clips looking a bit red-eyed and smiley from all the smoke in the air. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some of these set ups are very well constructed with all the hydroponics kit but the main problem seems to be that cannabis emits a very pungent aroma! It’s a wonder all the neighbours weren’t getting high off the fumes! :rofl:

1 Like

Exactly! Even when we went in the attic for Xmas decorations we never smelled a thing! They must have had it sealed up pretty well!

That reminds me @WillC I bought a Radley handbag from Shpock for less than it should have been (£5) - don’t think they realised what it was. A friend and I went to pick it up and as soon as the door opened, a strong wave of the smell of weed flew out. So strong! We both moved away from the door while they went and got the bag which took a few minutes as they were lovely and wanted to chat.

The bag smelled just as strong… safe to say I drove home with the windows down. We were so giggly, it was just surreal.

This was a good few years ago and every time I go to use the bag I have a giggle!

4 Likes

The smell lingers for a hell of a long time and there’s not really much you can do to cover it up. I doubt lighting a couple of joss sticks would have thrown anyone off the scent!
I actually bought some Cannabis scented joss sticks years ago and my mum went mad…she thought there was actual cannabis in them! :joy: They didn’t even smell anything like the real thing!

3 Likes

I read another news story years ago about a retired couple who had a certain plant in their garden that smelled just like cannabis when it flowered, and they ended up getting a group of youths banging on their door demanding that they hand over all the weed. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t find the exact article now, but I did find a similar one:

2 Likes

That’s hilarious (although maybe not for the couple involved) and some of those plants were very pretty! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The irony is that when i was a teenager i tried to join the police force, but wasn’t tall enough! Now they let Hobbits join! In an amateur capacity i have foiled 3 burglaries, a cannabis factory and a spate of petrol siphoning whilst on holiday! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Knowing me, it would be a speeding offence

Good morning everyone, hope you’re all ok!

I’ve been a little distant from here the last few weeks but hopefully I can turn that around.

Hope you all have a brilliant Monday!

:heart:

10 Likes

Morning @Blonde_Bunny, hope everything is ok.
But yeah, it’s the start of another week, can forget about last week and any bad memories from it.

1 Like

Morning @Blonde_Bunny nice to have you back. Hope all is well - have a great day!

1 Like

You too @Blonde_Bunny :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Good to have you back @Blonde_Bunny, hope everything is alright, it is so tough at the moment x

1 Like

Hey @Blonde_Bunny :purple_heart:

Realised as soon as I posted this that I’d missed one of my wands! :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Think I might have a slight addiction…

Have a good one all! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

We have missed you @Blonde_Bunny, I hope you are well and keeping safe.

1 Like

Morning all and @Blonde_Bunny , missed you about the place!
And thanks for my dedicated meme! @WillC That made me smile first thing! :smile:

4 Likes