The Couples Lounge.

Ok, So I had an idea, It may not be a good one, And please, If anyone dislikes, Dissaproves, Dissagrees, Hates, Is offended by or doesn't see the point in this thread, Please....

DON'T BE RUDE. ( I will report any rude posts or inflamatory posts, You have been warned! )

IGNORE THIS THREAD. ( If you do not, And do the above, I will do the above in brackets! )

Now....

If any of us couples want to send eachother lovey dovey messages, Ask how our days are going, Send an apology, Be generally yucky and induce bucket grabbing symptons, Or just get down right mooshy, Then I thought, Instead of upsetting other members, We could have our own little ( Tis only one thread out of how many? ) Place in OFF TOPIC where we could be more couple'y without getting flamed, Provoked, Dissed, Slated or nagged etc.

So here is the Couples Lounge, Take a seat, Have a coffee or tea, Make yourself at home ;) Paul ;) xxx

* Hugs *

Oh and of course, We can just sit and talk etc, Don't have to be all mooshy like.

I am mortally offended by love, and demand this be stamped out at once! ^_^

I'd say something cutesy to the fella, but his lurking has been temporarily killed by Virgin being tools. Boo for bad ISPs!

"Delete! Delete!"

I'm a Cyberman you know?

SG

Seduced wrote:

Ok, So I had an idea, It may not be a good one, And please, If anyone dislikes, Dissaproves, Dissagrees, Hates, Is offended by or doesn't see the point in this thread, Please....

DON'T BE RUDE. ( I will report any rude posts or inflamatory posts, You have been warned! )

IGNORE THIS THREAD. ( If you do not, And do the above, I will do the above in brackets! )

* Hugs *

I don't have a problem as such with this, as a thread that is, I find the bit quoted a little bit intimidating to be honest, as in if someone dares to have an opinion that's different to yours, they will be reported and yet potentially can have a perfectly legitimate point of view? I most defnitely won't be rude, that's not my nature, however I do have an opinion which I wish to express....

However despite the fact that you may choose to report me, I still wish to say that I think this thread is potentially devisive for the forum, or could then lead to other devisive threads, singles only, married but looking, divorced, lesbian, gay, mothers, etc etc, you get my drift, none of which make for a particularly inclusive community.

I have been a member here for a while and never noticed a problem with couples before and there have been a few, I don't think there are that many more now, but of late, it does seem as if, if you're not a couple on here then somehow you're not in the "in crowd" as such, and that doesn't seem right to me, but hey as I've said, just my opinion, although I suspect that by a few posts I have seen I may not be the only one with this opinion.

As you say, I don't have to come in here, but inevitably, people like to nosey in the most recently posted in threads. I thought we had the good morning etc thread for general chit-chat type stuff? And yes I know you've put it in off topic, and as I said right at the beginning I don't have a problem, I just won't come in here, I'm just concerned of late, at how divided the forum seems to be getting, or how I personally perceive it to be.

Just my opinion that's all...

I do agree to a fair bit of what MTC says. I do like you Sed but I'm not sure I like a little off topic section just for certain peoples, there is the Good Morning etc thread after all.

When me and Ad had been here a while we got a prod not to be so coupley (I still don't think we were, it was probably just the sheer number of posts me and Ad posted). It can seem a bit excluding when there is a couple in off topic chatter.

I can understand the intention to keep it restricted, that's great, I too just feel it's a bit divisive.

violeteyes wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

I am mortally offended by love, and demand this be stamped out at once! ^_^

ha ha! External Media

plus what if their not couples and thressomes instead ?

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Seduced wrote:

* Hugs *

I don't have a problem as such with this, as a thread that is, I find the bit quoted a little bit intimidating to be honest, as in if someone dares to have an opinion that's different to yours, they will be reported and yet potentially can have a perfectly legitimate point of view? I most defnitely won't be rude, that's not my nature, however I do have an opinion which I wish to express....

However despite the fact that you may choose to report me, I still wish to say that I think this thread is potentially devisive for the forum, or could then lead to other devisive threads, singles only, married but looking, divorced, lesbian, gay, mothers, etc etc, you get my drift, none of which make for a particularly inclusive community.

I have been a member here for a while and never noticed a problem with couples before and there have been a few, I don't think there are that many more now, but of late, it does seem as if, if you're not a couple on here then somehow you're not in the "in crowd" as such, and that doesn't seem right to me, but hey as I've said, just my opinion, although I suspect that by a few posts I have seen I may not be the only one with this opinion.

As you say, I don't have to come in here, but inevitably, people like to nosey in the most recently posted in threads. I thought we had the good morning etc thread for general chit-chat type stuff? And yes I know you've put it in off topic, and as I said right at the beginning I don't have a problem, I just won't come in here, I'm just concerned of late, at how divided the forum seems to be getting, or how I personally perceive it to be.

Just my opinion that's all...

* Slumps into corner and gives up *

I'n not gonna report you hun, I'm myself getting fed up with getting grief every which way I turn just for being coupl'y! recently.

I didn't mean any offence or any intimidating intent by my initial post.

It was merely a 'Get off my back if you're going to keep winging at us couples for just being happy' - Not you personally I may add ;)

I know it isn't everyones cup of tea and thats fine, However, This IS off topic. And being a sextoy shop/forum, If there are couples on here, they no doupt are doing it for all te right reasons - ie, Getting closer again, Finding that lost spark etc...

Yes, Jade may be in the other room or whatever, ut sometimes it is nice imo to contrabute to the site as a couple.

There are disscussions/threads on swinging, Threesomes or moresomes etc etc, So why not this thread?

It's not like a thread thats saying ' The Couples Lounge - Where we all swap numbers/photos etc '

It was mearly intended as a little corner of the OA where us couples could be free to express our feelings/emotions without being put down or complained about.

Is that too much to ask???

Oh well, It seems that lately no matter how hard I try to be a positive and contributing member, I am obviously going wrong somewhere, What with the digs from all angels lately, I don't know why I bother!

So go ahead mods, Please delete this thread.

Hey Sed i reckon your on the right track mate it's just some people might think they have no right to slag you off because they are not in a relationship.Or is they are in a relationship and concider themselves to be in dividual people .Anyway's go for it mate and see how it goes if it don't work it don't matter does it

I wish I could get a dig from an angel Paul Might make my luck a bit better....

I certainly wasn't having a go, just expressing an opinion, and yes we do have threesome threads etc but they are more for advice and info about those subjects. I do see why you started it and haven't suggested it be deleted, I said I wouldn't come in, and yet I have in order to reply, haha!

I totally understand that the OA has worked well for couples, you and Jade especially, and that's fabulous, I'm really pleased for both of you, it's just of late, as a single person, I've kind of felt out of place here, but that may just be cos I'm feeling miserable as I'm full of flu :-(

But there is nothing more to add from me, like I said initially, I was only giving my opinion, that didn't mean it was necessarily right, it was just my viewpoint that's all....

Sed don't mope sweet, you know it's nothing personal, it's just not the nature of the forums - giving a contribution from both sides of a couple is absolutely fine but it can come across as a little ott if there's too much coupley, lovey chat because people feel like they can't be involved/step on anyone's toes. Noone is trying to make you, personally, feel bad it's just an opinion on the general atmosphere of the forums.

Generally, as I've mentioned before - I'll post direct replies to WandA as I would any other member - I'll agree or disagree with him just as I would any member but I only reply to him directly if it's relevant to to the thread and my reply to the thread - I mention him by username but only because it feels odd to call him "the OH" when you all know him (doesn't really give you much choice on that does he :P) but any other coupley behaviour is kept to other communication techniques. It's not our forum to share, it's a forum that we both use.

We even sometimes have personal chat about a thread before posting to avoid too much asking each other direct Qs on here.

With a public forum, you can't prohibit anyone from having an opinion on any thread you start (the mods don't have to agree but anyone can have an opinion) and you can't tell people not to post in it (unless they're breaking the forum rules).

As has been mentioned - it just seems like a pointless thread - we have an OT thread, you're perfectly welcome to be lovey in there so why alienate people with one just for couples?

Adxx

Seduced wrote:

I'n not gonna report you hun, I'm myself getting fed up with getting grief every which way I turn just for being coupl'y! recently.

I know it isn't everyones cup of tea and thats fine, However, This IS off topic. And being a sextoy shop/forum, If there are couples on here, they no doupt are doing it for all te right reasons - ie, Getting closer again, Finding that lost spark etc...

Yes, Jade may be in the other room or whatever, ut sometimes it is nice imo to contrabute to the site as a couple.

There are disscussions/threads on swinging, Threesomes or moresomes etc etc, So why not this thread?

It's not like a thread thats saying ' The Couples Lounge - Where we all swap numbers/photos etc '

It was mearly intended as a little corner of the OA where us couples could be free to express our feelings/emotions without being put down or complained about.

Is that too much to ask???

Oh well, It seems that lately no matter how hard I try to be a positive and contributing member, I am obviously going wrong somewhere, What with the digs from all angels lately, I don't know why I bothe

I think the difference between other threads is that this one will naturally put a lot of people of posting because it's personal. If I post a lovely message to Ad and she replies and I reply etc... People will not want to break that up. If it is a personal message it seems fair in my opinion to keep it personal, it cannot really be personal in a public space and remain inclusive or free for others to comment on.

Many of the other threads on Xsomes are analytical and up for debate (as it is public) and not personal. When most people quote other's posts now people can still generally chime in with something, even the welcome threads are very 'open' to all.

It is great you have found the forum so useful, I'm really glad, I just think it takes getting used to remembering not everyone is as confident to break up posts.You've been a great member and ever so helpful to many of us, the forums are constantly changing and it takes time to find this new dynamic.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I wish I could get a dig from an angel Paul External Media Might make my luck a bit better....

I certainly wasn't having a go, just expressing an opinion, and yes we do have threesome threads etc but they are more for advice and info about those subjects. I do see why you started it and haven't suggested it be deleted, I said I wouldn't come in, and yet I have in order to reply, haha!

I totally understand that the OA has worked well for couples, you and Jade especially, and that's fabulous, I'm really pleased for both of you, it's just of late, as a single person, I've kind of felt out of place here, but that may just be cos I'm feeling miserable as I'm full of flu :-(

But there is nothing more to add from me, like I said initially, I was only giving my opinion, that didn't mean it was necessarily right, it was just my viewpoint that's all....

Nio worries hun. And It is in no way a 'bragging coz we're a couple' kind of thread.

I did think wether to create it or not.... I just thought with all the negative vibes towards us couples recently for starting various threads or posting stuff to each other, I just thought I was helping the community by crreating a little corner for us. And thus, Avoiding any flame wars or inflamatory shenanigens.

You are more than entitled to your opinion sweetie and it was put so very politely. It's the In-polite responces that urged me to create this thread.

* Hugs * If they're welcome?

Seduced wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I wish I could get a dig from an angel Paul External Media Might make my luck a bit better....

Nio worries hun. And It is in no way a 'bragging coz we're a couple' kind of thread.

I did think wether to create it or not.... I just thought with all the negative vibes towards us couples recently for starting various threads or posting stuff to each other, I just thought I was helping the community by crreating a little corner for us. And thus, Avoiding any flame wars or inflamatory shenanigens.

You are more than entitled to your opinion sweetie and it was put so very politely. It's the In-polite responces that urged me to create this thread.

Perhaps it is a good idea Sed but bad timing? With people sensitive to the issue it can seem a bit more excluding than it actually is. Maybe keep using it and see how it goes?

i kinda feel some of your digs about people not liking couples on here are about me, as i was the one to write in the other thread about why did they need to put that thread on this forum.

i dont have problems with couples being apart of the froums and there really are some lovely couples on here! my own partner has an account for the forums granted his only ever posted about twice but his more intreasted in his geekey forums then the sexy ones! :-)

the problem i do have is when couples start posting replies togther, living there realtionships over the boards. you should do that in person with each or via txt/email/phone/msn/ect/ect. its un-including on the forums for everyone else and can actually make you feel really uncomfortable to post anything. im not talking about replying togther as in answearing/debating something on the boards but talking about what they did last night/saying sorry for something thats gone on at home.

i just dont think this is the place for that sort of thing and to be honest i dont understand why people want to live there realtionship like that over the forum when you can do it in privet with each other, whats the need with having to do it in public?

Dxx

WandA wrote:

Seduced wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Perhaps it is a good idea Sed but bad timing? With people sensitive to the issue it can seem a bit more excluding than it actually is. Maybe keep using it and see how it goes?

Perhaps mate?!

I'm just starting to get the feeling that I can't be myself on here, I felt very relaxed when I first joined, And that helped me and Jade as a couple in a big way, And it helped us both settle in to the OA.

Not feeling so relaxed now, Every time I want to type somehing, Im constantly worying if its going to get someones back up.

But I suppose we'll soak test it and see where it goes. ;)

I think once you get used to J being around and working out how to speak to each other it'll be fine.

diamonds wrote:

i kinda feel some of your digs about people not liking couples on here are about me, as i was the one to write in the other thread about why did they need to put that thread on this forum.

i dont have problems with couples being apart of the froums and there really are some lovely couples on here! my own partner has an account for the forums granted his only ever posted about twice but his more intreasted in his geekey forums then the sexy ones! :-)

the problem i do have is when couples start posting replies togther, living there realtionships over the boards. you should do that in person with each or via txt/email/phone/msn/ect/ect. its un-including on the forums for everyone else and can actually make you feel really uncomfortable to post anything. im not talking about replying togther as in answearing/debating something on the boards but talking about what they did last night/saying sorry for something thats gone on at home.

i just dont think this is the place for that sort of thing and to be honest i dont understand why people want to live there realtionship like that over the forum when you can do it in privet with each other, whats the need with having to do it in public?

Dxx

I'm not having a dig, And it wasn't aimed at you personally. External Media

What you posted was just an addition to other comments recently of a similar manner. Of course, opinions that you are entitled to!

We as a couple have felt welcomed and relaxed here at the OA. And sometimes, Commenting to eachother on here is just another way to express our happiness.

I dont want to shove it in others faces etc, Thus why I created this thread. So its out of the way and hopefully, Couples will try to keep the sort of material that you don't like, Here, Thereby, Keeping it off the main boards.

When I joined here, Me and Jade were in a pretty bad state as a couple.

With help from some wonderfull friends on here, We are now thriving as a couple. We converse and are intimate regularly at home and out and about. We text and call eachother and have disscussions every day and night.

But if it wasn't for the OA, We wouldnt be in the place we're in now.

So we feel we owe it to this lovely community to stick around and add our positive vibe to the place.

And maybe, Just maybe, Other new members, Be they a singular memer ( but part of a relationship ) or a couple, who may well also be having issues.....

Well maybe they can see that with the right attitude and with the right advice, A relatiuonship, No matter how battered it may seem, Can be fixed! And become bbetter still than it ever was.

I don't want to upset anyone at all, Or offend.

Maybe my first post was a tad stand-off-ish, But I wanted to make it clear from the get-go, that I didnt want any aggro in this thread. So I do apologize if it came across in a way I didn't intend.

I intended it to be a place of peace and tranquility, And maybe a few laughs.

Not a thread that has ultimately depressed me and made me feel even more un-relaxed.

violeteyes wrote:

well there are no rules on the welcome thread saying people cant be coupley External Media

also i thought this was an open forum? i could understand if people were being nasty but being coupley cant hurt anyone can it? and i think no disrespect to anyone but couples have the same right to speak as singles, if we seem too coupley on threads it should just be ignored. its not like we are actually having sex over the forum External Media

There are no rules against it and it is an open forum that is why no one is demanding it down or, to my knowledge, reported it. People are simply expressing concerns they have because very few members would be happy to upset other members.External Media

Seduced wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

I'm not having a dig, And it wasn't aimed at you personally. External Media

What you posted was just an addition to other comments recently of a similar manner. Of course, opinions that you are entitled to!

We as a couple have felt welcomed and relaxed here at the OA. And sometimes, Commenting to eachother on here is just another way to express our happiness.

I dont want to shove it in others faces etc, Thus why I created this thread. So its out of the way and hopefully, Couples will try to keep the sort of material that you don't like, Here, Thereby, Keeping it off the main boards.

When I joined here, Me and Jade were in a pretty bad state as a couple.

With help from some wonderfull friends on here, We are now thriving as a couple. We converse and are intimate regularly at home and out and about. We text and call eachother and have disscussions every day and night.

But if it wasn't for the OA, We wouldnt be in the place we're in now.

So we feel we owe it to this lovely community to stick around and add our positive vibe to the place.

And maybe, Just maybe, Other new members, Be they a singular memer ( but part of a relationship ) or a couple, who may well also be having issues.....

Well maybe they can see that with the right attitude and with the right advice, A relatiuonship, No matter how battered it may seem, Can be fixed! And become bbetter still than it ever was.

I don't want to upset anyone at all, Or offend.

Maybe my first post was a tad stand-off-ish, But I wanted to make it clear from the get-go, that I didnt want any aggro in this thread. So I do apologize if it came across in a way I didn't intend.

I intended it to be a place of peace and tranquility, And maybe a few laughs.

Not a thread that has ultimately depressed me and made me feel even more un-relaxed.

its brilliant that the forums have helped your realtionship it out and made it stronger but is it really necissery to have posts/threads about stuff you could talk about via over means that are not on a public forum?

i just really dont understand the need to do all of that stuff on a forums, it just seems really odd to me when the person is either in the same house or i could phone/txt/blah/blah/blah them.

its totaly cool to have convos that other can join in and add to, but it should be inclusive for everyone.

im crap with words so more then likely not writing this well... which is annoying me as i know what im trying to say!!

Dxx