The Lounge

@Ian_Chimp From what I read in my email/terms and conditions, you would get 2 x £15 off vouchers but there’ll be a small delay with the 2nd voucher being issued

2 Likes

Huh, odd. Mine is different to that. More like a loyalty thing bookshops do, where you get vouchers once you spend so much.

3 Likes

Mine is the same as @Green_Eyed_Girl, @BishBosh, @ChloJakes except my threshold is less than £60.

Spend £X and get a voucher for £Y. Can be across multiple orders so I like that but I’m hoping free postage stays because that is a definite factor in a lot of my impulse purchases!

I don’t tend to spend £40 in one go very often to get free postage so adding £4 postage to a smaller purchase may well affect my shopping habits​:frowning:

1 Like

Yes, same for me. Threashold is less than £60

1 Like

What’s the threshold?

£40. Can be over multiple prders. Get a £10 voucher.

Hopefully we can talk about this but no dire warnings where issued in the small print so :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Can you combine this with offer codes? So, for instance, you have a £50 basket, add a 20% off code, and then checkout for £40 - would you then get a £10 voucher?

(Or, alternatively, £75 → 20% off = £60. Voucher for £15)

Not 100% on that, as i havent got one yet. But they game me a £10 off code so it is possible its coded.

Vouchers only last for 3 months apparently

1 Like

I think that would work @Ian_Chimp but not sure if you could then use the voucher in conjunction with another offer, as it’s a payment method I would hope so; but as @Green_Eyed_Girl said, the introductory one is a coded one so who knows.

I’m also curious as to how it would work with my Carers discount :thinking:

2 Likes

If the voucher is coded, and it stays as ‘one coded offer per order’, then you may not be able to use a %off code and the loyalty voucher in the same order. :thinking:

I am very interested to see this in action. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m afraid I didn’t receive an email. I unsubscribed for a little while, and now they don’t seem to want to turn back on. If I’d have got the email I’d definitely be talking about it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, read smallprint.
the voucher is definetly. a code
You can only use one code per sale

Not that im buying much atm, but especially not being able to combine it plus the free postage thing will probubly mean im alot less likely to use it :frowning: on small amounts £10 is good, on larger stuff a percentage off is going to be so much better

1 Like

But the first order you can use a %off, which will then count towards your piggybank total.

So an order of £50 + 20% off code = £40 (free delivery threshold, plus qualify for £10 voucher)

Second order £50 (no %off) £10 voucher = £40 (free delivery threshold, plus another £10 voucher?)

Edit: I think I’m going to need another cup of tea before I can get my head around daisy-chaining these. :slightly_smiling_face:

It feels like there’s a rhythm to when to use a %offer, and when to cash in your piggybank?

2 Likes

It doesnt say you cant combine them with sale items :thinking: so that may be possible.

Either way the trial is running for 4 months over xmas, so i will be getting something in the black friday sales most likey

1 Like

I’ve not included sale items in that example, just offer codes and loyalty vouchers.

There are the Exclusions though. Not sure if the loyalty voucher will also stick to those rules.

Hmm, interesting. According to my shopping basket you can combine the vouchers with sales

1 Like

I have to say, this conversation has me baffled. Are you talking about something that only long-standing members are privy to? I haven’t received any discount emails recently so the posts here over the last 3 days aren’t making much sense to me I’m afraid. :woman_shrugging:

I haven’t received the email either. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s a new loyalty scheme pilot. Not sure on who they decided to take part?

2 Likes

Phew! Glad I’m not alone.

Weirdly, I keep being sent “Enjoy 15% off your first order” emails, so I was half-wondering if I’m stuck on the wrong mailing list :thinking:

2 Likes

There is a chance… You can contact Customer Care, and they can sometimes do something special to make the emails work propely?

1 Like

Good stuff Mr C - I will check with them :blush:

1 Like