The Sandbox

Yeah fingers crossed for the reviews :crossed_fingers: itā€™ll be devastating for people likely yourselves thatā€™s written many of them for em to vanish from your accounts :sob: Iā€™d of thought theyā€™d come back as it makes sense for them to be on profiles. Youā€™d think theyā€™d be back by now though? Then again thereā€™s still other features like the wishlist thatā€™s not sorted yet and lovehoney unlimited so thereā€™s defiantly hope :crossed_fingers:

Out of interest what doggy pics ups and please say itā€™s not one of any human form lurking :sweat_smile:

Lying down, happy, smiley tongue face :stuck_out_tongue:, no humansā€¦ you should be able to see if you go to your own profile summary and click expand (though Iā€™m on my phone so it might be different buttons on a laptop?)

2 Likes

The sweat leaves my face :sweat_smile: yeah I love that piccy, itā€™s posted everywhere :rofl: Iā€™m on phone too, Iā€™ll give that a try just shortly n thanks again :+1::smirk:

Edit, yasss smashed it :rofl: why the action didnā€™t seem to work is a mystery. Itā€™s not the pic I thought, very similar mind :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi @Ian_Chimp , thought Iā€™d ask hereā€¦ so most of the reviews Iā€™ve posted in the forum thread so far have been for my top rated things that I tend to talk about and recommend a lot (which makes sense). I havenā€™t bothered so far with stuff Iā€™m kind of meh about as I donā€™t tend to talk about it. I thought though that the negative reviews, that I think do offer useful information would be useful.

My query though is about one I wrote for the Fun Factory Stronic Thrusting Rabbit. It is no longer stocked, which surprised me as I thought Iā€™d seen it not that long ago. I think the review would still be useful as parts of it probably relate to similar FF toys and it was by far my biggest vibrator purchase mistake. Do I still write it up in the forum though there isnā€™t a link or photo to include?

Itā€™s completely up to you. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™ve included some of mine from back-up copies as thereā€™s no longer a page on the shopping site, and some of those donā€™t have pictures or links.

If you have an old style link, you can feed it into the wayback machine, and they often have an archived page you can grab a Lovehoney photo from (though not always). If youā€™re super lucky you can sometimes find a lost review that way too. :slightly_smiling_face:

What was the name of the toy?

Edit: Is it the Bi Fusion?

It was the ā€œFun Factory Bi Stronic Fusion Vibratorā€.

I have a backup copy of my review so thatā€™s not a problem but Iā€™m afraid although I know of the way back machine Iā€™ve no idea where to find it or how to use it :rofl:. Instructions would be very useful if itā€™s a way I could grab a photo :pray:. I wonā€™t bother with other no longer stocked products but this one was a particular bug bear!

Edit It is - Thank you! :pray:

Maybe, not discontinued but just out of stock so doesnā€™t appear in searches? Thank you again, got to pop out but will continue review adding in a bitā€¦ lot more positive ones to go up too :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just popped the page link in above. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

First off, for discontinued products that are no longer accessible through the main shopping site menus I do a forum search, and see if that brings up any direct page links (new or old are fine, as the old ones redirect :+1:). Checking your order history can be useful too, if you can brave it. :slightly_smiling_face:

If that turns up a broken page (either ā€˜Ooops. This page no longer exists!ā€™, or just missing images or reviews) then I try and find an old-style link that I can paste into the search bar of the Wayback Machine website.

Searching an address in there will then take you to a calender style page showing all the snapshots that have been taken over the years (if any) - select one of those and youā€™ll be taken to the archive version on that date. You can then flick backwards and forwards in time through all the different versions using the navigation bar at the top. Some are better than others. :slightly_smiling_face: To get the photos I have to tilt my phone into landscape. :+1:

It can be a bit of a quest to find something specific as the results can be patchy, and it can often be a bit slow, but itā€™s helped me out a few times. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you - extremely helpful!

1 Like

Great page, used it before. Sadly still cant find my mantric reviews :frowning_face: even using it. They are just toast it seems.

If you ask Brenna she can dig them out of the official Lovehoney archive (that we donā€™t have access to) if sheā€™s feeling generous. :slightly_smiling_face:

What were the products, and do you have a ballpark date for the reviews?

Mantric bullet and the mantric pebble vibe, I bought them both in jan/feb 2020, so sometime after then.

I tried snagging an old link from the forum, but there dont seem to be many images for the pages, especially the bullet sadly

It was much easier to find missing ones when the French site was still waiting to be updated. I was very impressed by how thorough the old review database was. I think I only had to ask Brenna for about 15-20 reviews out of about 530 for the Hall of Fame, and they went back all the way to 2010. And most of those were because the French site didnā€™t stock the product.

Iā€™ll have a browse and see if I spot anything. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. I just cant find the blasted things

Iā€™m getting no luck here either. :slightly_frowning_face: Theyā€™re in order of rating rather than ā€˜newestā€™ in the wayback archived pages, and that can throw the chronology off if you didnā€™t give them 5 stars.

I think these may need some Brenna magic. :crossed_fingers:

sigh i was afraid of that. I hate to bug her for something so trivial

I think as theyā€™re for live products theyā€™ll be useful to re-post to the product page, as well as in the My Reviews topic, so itā€™s probably worth asking?

Hmm. Iā€™ll wait till the prices and stuff go up before sending he an email. Sheā€™s a buisy lady.

Testing, testingā€¦1ā€¦2ā€¦3

2 Likes

Testing

Summary

This text will be hidden

:rofl: ok, still looks a mess. Might jsut shelve that experiment for later