The Sandbox

Have you had a look at the info I posted above?

What device are you using? What options are there when you long-press/right-click?

I can get the links you’ve grabbed so far working with a tiny bit of formatting. Are they easy enough for you to grab without faffing?

1 Like

Ah right… I’ve been doing “Copy image location” rather than “Copy image”. Let me see what happens when I do “Copy image” and then paste it into the review…

2 Likes

Nope. I acquired a jpeg URL, but when I tried pasting it into the review, it just showed up as a line of code again. Clearly I’ve got the syntax wrong somewhere.

I’ve just tried inserting it as an html img tag, but that didn;t work either.

No, that’s right. Just leave a space above and below it. :+1:

:negative_squared_cross_mark:

<div align="center">
![image|375x500](upload://yOT3GtkSgFYT8S0GS7vXI5VXHrb.jpeg)

:ballot_box_with_check:

<div align="center">

![image|375x500](upload://yOT3GtkSgFYT8S0GS7vXI5VXHrb.jpeg)

And you can change the 375x500 to 200x265 to resize it the same as the others. :slightly_smiling_face: (and also change ‘image’ to a different image name if you like)

1 Like

Gotcha. Sorted. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh my life, now I feel a prized p#*#k :hear_no_evil::sweat_smile::rofl: it’s cos when you type the post you can’t tell there’s emojis or bold text, it says strong text and the same for the emojis, a description of the emojis. So in the past I’ve never posted cos thought that I’m doing something wrong.

Bear with me as I’ve just plated up n need to concentrate properly, I’ll be back with the information. Thank you so much for helping it’s really appreciated. I’m wawed by how helpful you are on here I really am. Not many people would use their own free time to help everyone out here so hats off :ok_hand:t2::kissing_heart:

1 Like

When typing your message along the bottom you will also see a monitor or TV picture on the bottom right dude, thus gives you a preview before you hit reply

2 Likes

I was reading two posts but now realise that the links are another question. Thanks again for your assistance, there is more things but I’ll see how it goes with bold text and emojis before progressing onto more difficult stuff :person_shrugging: thank you again @ian_chimp :ok_hand:t2::smirk:

Oh that’s so helpful @luciousLegs I’ve seen that before but was afraid I’d be recording myself or something along those lines :sweat_smile: thanks sooooo much for that :ok_hand:t2::smirk:

When you use the format bar to add bold/italics/etc it wants you to replace the ‘strong text’ inbetween the asterisks with your own text that you want to make bold.

**strong text**

**Whatever you fancy**

Whatever you fancy

But some people find it easier to skip the format bar, and just type the asterisks in manually:

*italics*
**bold**
***bold italics***
~~strikethrough~~

italics
bold
bold italics
strikethrough

And ones like these need a / to say ‘end’:

[spoiler] spoiler [/spoiler]
<small> small </small>
<big> big </big>

spoiler

small
big

Some of them aren’t in your format bar, but the Spoiler one is. :+1: It’s in the :gear: icon on the right. The menu is a bit squiffy, but here are the choices:

For emojis, you can also use the ones in your phone gallery and drop them straight in and they appaar as actual emojis in the reply window. They sometimes display slightly differently, but most of mine are the same. :+1:

1 Like

Okay I’m going to have to read this a few times to be able to achieve these goals, thanks for breaking everything down it really does help :ok_hand:t2::smirk:

That’s what I did last time skipped the bar and did it manually oh I love how easy this is n proper wish I’d asked ages ago when I wanted to do so.

What is the first option like a chatbox that you get for messaging out of Lovehoney

2 Likes

The speech bubble on the left of the format bar? That’s the quote button. It will pull a whole copy of the post you’re replying to into your reply window with all the swish quote code automatically added. I tend to use the ‘highlight quote’ method more often, but it’s useful sometimes if you want to see how someone did a fancy bit of formatting. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here are some others:

3 Likes

That’s super handy once again thank you sooo much :ok_hand:t2: :clap:t3: :smirk: I’ve got to ask what’s the ‘weird shit’ Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m super duper happy n grateful for the help, I’m going to use these features now n I’ve wanted to since I seen other people use them :ok_hand:t2::dancer::smirk:

Edit I’ve somehow quoted the wrong post but it’s a start n I’m not good at all this so please don’t judge too harshly
Also I had to erase some of the quote as a message kept saying 'poll needs at least one option

2 Likes

That’s okay. :slightly_smiling_face: You can just delete it like any other bit of text. :+1:

I think you replied to the topic rather than to my post, which is why you got the whole OP dropped into your reply window. :slightly_smiling_face: To reply to a specific post you use the swoosh arrow on the bottom right of the post you want to reply to:

2 Likes

That is ‘preformatted text’, which strips out all the formatting so you can display all the code without the system reading it. :slightly_smiling_face:

<div align="center">

<big>

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/the-sandbox/257700/1624

</big>

</div>
2 Likes

Now I see (I think.) Sooooo to quote a reply I need to use the reply button n then it’ll quote the correct post, not the topic?

Waw, I think the weird shit is above me at the moment but we’ll get there :ok_hand:t2::relaxed:

2 Likes

That’s for the speech bubble way of quoting, and it quotes the whole post, which may not be ideal. You can edit stuff out, but there’s another way too, where you highlight which part of the post you want to quote and tap the floating QUOTE button that pops up. There’s a little explainer in the How-To with a bit more detail. :+1:

2 Likes

@discobot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

2 Likes

Discobot seems to agree. Obviously prefers the duc game (which was pure genius in all honesty)

3 Likes

Thank you kindly. :slightly_smiling_face: Though I think there may a little more you can find on Hook-a-Duck, if I’m not mistaken…? :slightly_smiling_face::man_detective:

1 Like