The Sandbox

@be3169 , I’ve seen a number of posts from you where I think you’ve tried to tag people but it hasn’t worked. For people to get a notification that you’ve tagged them you need the “@” and then no space before their name, when you start typing straight after the @ the forum will offer suggestions of who you’re trying to tag. Here, for example @awkward-yet-sweet won’t have seen your question because you’ve created a link to her profile rather than tagging her… hopefully, she’ll see it now.

Not trying to get at you, just hoping to help :blush:

Thanks very much for pointing that out. Appreciated. Still learning around these parts…

1 Like

@Peitho test
@ Peitho test
@Peithotest

I see the issue now. If I type @ and then paste the username it adds a space between them that I didn’t notice.

I’m afraid none of those worked. They are all just links to my profile, I got a notification you’d replied above but no tag notifications. I think you need to just start typing the name rather than paste it. The forum will fill it in for you.

1 Like

There’s a nice little gif as an example in the Welcome topic if that helps?

Mentioning

3 Likes

Thanks very much @Peitho and @Ian_Chimp . I find it a very odd programming behavior that copy/paste of a username automatically turns it into a profile link without even selecting that option. All good. Just confirm the above worked this time so I know I have fixed this issue going forward.

1 Like

All good, tags working now :+1:

1 Like

Just a quick test to see how images are handled…

images removed - please only post images in the dedicated Your Photos category

I guess I misinterpreted this comment in the first post given they were just random test images not pertaining to any topic.

I didn’t know if the programming would automatically resize an image or reject the upload. All good and now I know.

If you pick a product image from the LH website, they can be posted in any threads or used to have a play with here in the sandbox.

Valid point I didn’t know however, I can’t download an image from the LH site the has a resolution wider than a typical computer screen. That was my whole point of my test. We have all seen message boards with monster photos posted that you have to scroll sideways to see the whole thing. That is what I was checking with random non-associated images. I also wanted to know if I could attach more than one to a post. I have all my answers now but if “The Sandbox” isn’t really about trying out all the features, perhaps the first post should be be updated to reflect that? Doing my best to conform to all the rules but as a fairly new user, FINDING all those rules seems to be a bit of a challenge. Easy-peezy for users around for years but for a newbie, not so much.

1 Like

How does that sound?

2 Likes

Great. But maybe mention that photos will automatically be resized during upload. That was the main question I had that prompted my test. Thinking about it after the fact, I noticed all images in the lingerie thread are about the same size which should have been a tip for me. Thanks for the help.

And spoil all the magic of exploration? :slight_smile:

Though the OP of this particular topic doesn’t really go into detail about specific features, so there’s not a good place to add that detail. If more people bring it up it may be worth finding a place for it, but I think because it magically Just Works most people are happy with the feature as is.

Though community-written guides are always most welcome. :slight_smile: Even a small tip can get the job done if you’re willing to share:

One last question… how many images can be added to a single post? Other than my first images, which were deleted I haven’t posted any yet but would like to in the near future. Just trying to plan out what I can do or not do.

I’m not sure there is one. I think you can upload 5 at a time, but you can do multiple batches.

They should all be arranged into a nice little grid now as well, though I haven’t tried it on this forum yet.

Update for posterity: The [grid] tags are a manually added extra, and won’t happen automatically

Sorry @Peitho, I borrowed one of your posts to test it on :heart: :slight_smile:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/images-to-share-in-topics/259586/480

They should get wrapped in

You can wrap them in [grid] tags like so to arrange them into the grid format:

[grid]

all the images

[/grid]

So what you are telling me is you need a photo test area? LOL… Just teasing. There are a few members I have regular discussion with and I have been thinking about providing photos. I just want to know how it all works before I make the effort.

Ha :slight_smile: I should really have gone and found four or so Lovehoney images but I thought I’d do a quick one. We’ll see what Peitho’s reaction is, and then we’ll know if I made a terrible choice. :slight_smile:

On another note, it would be really helpful to know who is a moderator versus just a regular active member. It should be tagged next to your user name IMO. I am still guessing on this issue but slowly getting it sorted.

There is mainly Brenna. She is the One. :crown: :slight_smile: There are some other Lovehoney staff who step in or visit occasionally, but Brenna is the primary admin/moderator of the forum. If you have any issues with the forum the community can’t answer then she’s the hotline you need. :+1:

(And all the Lovehoney staff have ‘Lovehoney_’ as part of their username, so they’re pretty easy to spot)

With office hours being the way they are, there are also a handful of community members who have been granted Trust Level 4 so they can handle some of the more clear-cut issues (non-Lovehoney images outside Your Photos, sharing contact details, tidying up old topics, and so on). I’d say most of the time they’re just community members like everybody else - having a chat, sharing some tips, giving some advice, etc - and you’d only really notice if one of your posts got a small tweak to bring it in line with the forum rules.

They do have the Leader badge in their usercard, though not everyone has theirs open to see, but you can also see who has TL4 by checking out the badge list - https://lovehoneyforum.com/badges/4/leader

Hopefully that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like