The word - panties

As a woman I hate the word panties - it makes me cringe :face_vomiting:and I know it’s more of an American word - but omg I just go cold when I hear it . Please call them knickers…

Is there any sexual word that gives you the ik…

17 Likes

Ah heres a thread for me!
Hate ‘panties’ it gives me little girl vibes and I think its creepy.
Hate ‘lick out’ :nauseated_face:

I will be back with more when they come to me!

5 Likes

Point taken. I guess it’s the word we use in NZ more than knickers. Is “pants” okay if I forget?:grin:

2 Likes

Agree totally but another hated word for me is “moist”. :exploding_head:

5 Likes

I agree, I much prefer the word knickers, sounds much nicer.

Personally I don’t like the word ‘lick out’ either :no_mouth:

5 Likes

I only ever hear/read of men using panties, unless I’m trying to sell a pair, it’ll never come out of my mouth/fingers :blush:

Pants are ok @Mid-50s_kiwi but use whatever word you want, just bc some people hate it, doesn’t mean you have to change your vocabulary!

2 Likes

Sorry. I love the word moist.
If I had the requisite body parts then it would make me…

2 Likes

Thanks @JoCat​:grin::pray: for your consideration but as I’m a beginner in all things 'knickers’:briefs: then ‘knickers’ :briefs:or ‘pants’ :briefs:it will be.

I do apologize to any & everyone if the term I’ve been using is ‘icky’ let it be banished forever!!

@batjamboree you have been wonderfully supportive as have you @JoCat along with many others and the last thing I want to do is to get offside or offend any of you through the use of inappropriate terms.

Totally agree though I also hate the word ‘Moist’ totally icky… but as for the term ‘lick out’ I have absolutely no experience or exposure (so to speak) to this term so I have no opinion :yum:

Here’s to knickers and pants…and lots more of them on me and my knicker drawer​:grin:

1 Like

@Mid-50s_kiwi , your recent search of the internet threw up lots of links to articles with “panties” in their titles.- probably because they were written for US audiences. - and referenced same throughout.

It is very reasonable therefore, that you to refer to “panties” in your posts.

I wouldn’t get too wrapped up about it.

2 Likes

Yeah panties and moist :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Also, “pussy” but we can both say it during sex, outside of sex it’s awkward to say for us both :joy:

2 Likes

Yes totally understand the word Moist. A cake can be moist but nothing else so I am with you there. @batjamboree

2 Likes

I mean, the word moist just means ‘a little wet’.
I wouldn’t say my towel after I shower is wet or dry… it’s a little wet… or moist.
Totally get it’s a polarising word for some though. It is just language after all.

I know its fallen into general usage but i hate the spelling of “cum” or “cumming” and especially the past tense “cummed” instead if “came”.

6 Likes

I use the word Panties if it’s kink related as I think it sounds more sexy /kinky than knickers or underwear.

Panties

Panties

Panties

Panties

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s a very good point you make @Himeros1 that this US word for the UK term ‘knickers’ has been wildly used and adopted in many countries.

Here in NZ most terms are used from what I’ve heard and read, but my OH says knicks or pants, and she doesn’t seem to get upset when I use the P word.

All very confusing for this newbie knicker/pants wearer :thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s just American polluting the English language :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Never. Used by us! Also pants… They aren’t trousers :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I just refer to them as plain old undies :joy: and nickers if I’m feeling fancy! Then of course there’s the g-bangers. Panties are major little girl vibes. I’ve said it out load a few times in conversations and immediately regretted it lol
A weird one for me is penis :joy::joy: like in normal circumstances it’s fine, but trying to dirty talk and I say penis I just laugh it’s weird. Cock is sometimes a little harsh (OH has delicate ears lol) so I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to call it!
Another ick word/phrase for me is ‘make love’. Don’t know why, just always feel weird hearing it and I’ve never said it. OH has said it once or twice. Find it super awkward lol

2 Likes

Just looked at Synonyms for “panties” and note the following alternative names including the following amongst many others:

• knickers
  • knicks
  • frillies
  • lingerie.
  • briefs
  • underpants
  • smalls
  • intimates
  • underwear.
  • underthings
  • unmentionables
  • drawers
  • scanties.
  • undies.
  • pants.
  • undergarments.
  • underclothes
  • etc etc
2 Likes

It doesn’t give me the ick, but the words ‘Trunks’ or ‘Boxers’ for men’s underwear annoys me.
Not really the words, but I just feel sorry for people trying to learn our language, and we baffle them with so many duplicated words.
So Elephants have trunks, and my underwear is the same.
The athletes are boxers and so are my underwear.

2 Likes

Hey @batjamboree
You’ll be happy to hear that I’ve revisited many of my recent posts and removed as many of the ick ‘P’ word references and I’ll attempt to be more consistent. Please be kind to me as I still have my training pants on…:grin::grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: