Which sex & sex toy related words do you hate?

I absolutey hate the words 'dildo' and 'thong' because it sounds like some stupid made up word invented by teenage boys. Can't stand 'cum' instead of 'come' - WHAT'S THE POINT?! and find certain euphemisms for sex toys such as 'personal massager' and 'intimate pleasure item' or whatever and for sex (making love) vomit inducing. Does anyone else share my irrational hatred for certain words? Am I alone in my ridiculous word rage? ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif)

I absolutely hate the word 'cum' too! I always say ejaculate, orgasm, climax, or 'come' if I have to.

Basically any slang term, especially:

- Pussy (eurgh so trashy!)

- Dick

- C**t

- Gash (I see this in a lot of erotica books and it's a disgusting word)

- Creampie

Oh god I hate it so much! ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif) And I hate that erotica authors think these words are 'sexy', they're not, they're totally offputting.

Oh, also I hate it when people say 'clit' instead of clitoris. It's a CLITORIS. And 'vagina' when it should be 'vulva' instead (unless they're actually talking about a vagina).

Boogaloo wrote:

I absolutely hate the word 'cum' too! I always say ejaculate, orgasm, climax, or 'come' if I have to.

Basically any slang term, especially:

- Pussy (eurgh so trashy!)

- Dick

- C**t

- Gash (I see this in a lot of erotica books and it's a disgusting word)

- Creampie

Oh god I hate it so much! ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif) And I hate that erotica authors think these words are 'sexy', they're not, they're totally offputting.

I agree with all of the above! Creampie makes me feel sick and 'gash' reminds me of Jay from The Inbetweeners!

Ooooh this is an awesome thread!

We've recently started a doc here in the office of all the different sex/body part words that (as a company) we like, so this will be really useful for us.

Keep 'em coming! (excuse the pun) 

Yes all those words seem to be degrading and sleazy+ hate the term BUTT PLUG

I hate "cum"

Another anti 'Gash' and 'Cum' here. Ugh... they're just plain nasty. Along with 'Clunge.'

Also, less related, but I despise 'fingering' because of how cheap and 'back of cinema teenage fumbling' it sounds.

It's not a dealbreaker, the choice of language someone prefers to use, but those are my personal peeves.

The verbe "to impale oneself/someone" to describe penetration. Blah, makes me gag.

Personally I think "clunge " is the worst word ever, it really is revolting !

PokingFun wrote:

My partner struggles with literacy so I can't really comment on this one, because already I'm slightly offended by the sheer hatred on people's uses of words.

Maybe there are some who struggle to spell vulva or vagina or clitoris? So then, using the shorter "slang" words are used more frequently than the proper terms.

I'm not just talking text talk, I mean, text talk becomes every day talk in conversations.

Admittedly, there are some terms that are probably a bit grotesque, but surely that's a personal thing? If people want to use the terms, let them. Don't hate.

Oh I'm so sorry, I realise how that must have come across! I didn't mean to cause any offence.

It's not the spelling that bugs me or the fact it's shortened, it's the sound of the word. A bit like some of the slang terms, it just makes me shudder inside. People are free to use whichever words they like I just personally wouldn't use them myself. :)

+1 on the gash and fingering. And 'licking out', I actually find it hard to think of other words to describe those acts sometimes (except 'going down' perhaps). What do people who dislike 'fingering' use instead if you don't mind me asking?

Pussy and dick bug me x

I hate the word Spunk not very keen on the word cum either tbh

PokingFun wrote:

My partner struggles with literacy so I can't really comment on this one, because already I'm slightly offended by the sheer hatred on people's uses of words.

Maybe there are some who struggle to spell vulva or vagina or clitoris? So then, using the shorter "slang" words are used more frequently than the proper terms.

I'm not just talking text talk, I mean, text talk becomes every day talk in conversations.

Admittedly, there are some terms that are probably a bit grotesque, but surely that's a personal thing? If people want to use the terms, let them. Don't hate.

PokingFun, I'm sorry if this is the impression I gave, I genuinly didn't mean to cause offence. It's all just personal taste, I'd never judge somebody for their choice of description. I don't think anyone here meant to offend at all.

Boogaloo wrote:

What do people who dislike 'fingering' use instead if you don't mind me asking?

That's my conundrum! It's not specific or satisfying, but I usually go with 'touch' or 'touching.' Simply can't bring myself to use that phrase, accurate and clear as it is. Curse my irrationality!

Really hate the terms snatch and clunge to describe a womans vagina

C**t i hate as a word full stop i cannot abide it

make love/love making such a cringe worthy way of talking about sex i can't stomach songs that overly use those words i can think of one song that uses nothing but those words if i've got the CD with it on, on i have to skip it

Not exactly related but the word is used a lot in erotic writing;

Moist

So many people I know hate this word!

Also clunge and gash are the worst!!! And people who say wank-job instead of hand-job, it just makes me cringe. :/

+1 on everything said before.

I'd add "stick", “screw”, “bang”, and don't appreciate the term “snowballing” (as I adore snow and the real snowballing, which I relate to innocent fun, not the kinky type), “golden shower” or just about any metaphor that was invented to make sexual practices seem less “dirty”. I’m not judging, I just think that as soon as one embraces his/her own sexual desires for whatever they are, the sooner they themselves will be happy about them instead of trying to justify them with cute names that would be socially more accepted. I think all of these words come from insecurities related to sex, own body image, taboo… People feel more comfortable saying a substitute instead of the real thing as if that way it becomes less “shameful”.

Funnily enough I could accept being called a “bitch” in a certain context, but not “slut”… It just goes to show it really is a matter of personal preference of one word over another.

PokingFun wrote:

Totally agree with you. And I can't understand why people use such a strong word as "hate" for what they dislike. It can't be that you're walking around "hating" things, or?

Oops, sorry I think I'm a regular offender of some of these words 😳