There seem to be a lot of chat threads

Hey All,

There seem to be a lot of General Chat threads open at the moment (ones that don’t have a specific subject they’re about). So, which ones do you definitely want to keep? Or shall I plop them all into one super thread (Like the Good Morning thread? Or a new one that is easier to find for new members?) Let me know your thoughts :smiley: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hello @Lovehoney_Brenna maybe a one titled General Chat or keep the What Are You Currently Doing? The Good Morning one is a bit specific to one time of day, when the forum is more or less 24/7.

I vote for a super massive topic. :slightly_smiling_face: It’d be easier to find/direct people to, and it’d keep it all in one place, so there’d be fewer conversations spread across multiple topics. :+1:

2 Likes

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night (part 24)

Is there another time of day you’d want adding to the title?

I was going on what Brenna wrote. :roll_eyes:

Maybe “The Big Group Chat” ?

1 Like

No worries buddy. I’m always happy to clear up any confusion. :+1:

I believe Brenna was referring to the Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night (part 24) chain of topics as they’ve been the standard General Chat topic dating back to the start of the forum.

Personally I think keeping that going would be great. :+1:

1 Like

It does feel slightly naughty to end a 24 part tradition, but if they aren’t being used for their intended purpose then we’ll need to streamline things a little :confused:

1 Like

I think this happens periodically where the chat creeps out and multiplies. Historically I think they’ve trimmed it back and made people focus on the ‘Good Morning…’ topic again. :+1:

But you can end the tradition if you want to. :slightly_smiling_face:

I must confess that I was really surprised when I saw the title of this thread. I’m used to trawling through the list of recent threads - at least the 40-odd most recently updated ones - several times a day, and I can’t say I’ve noticed any great proliferation of stuff that’s meandered wildly off topic or just consists of people chatting aimlessly. I’ve just taken another look this morning and I’m still not seeing them. Where are they? Are we talking about old threads that have accrued from years ago?

I don’t think they all started out as general chat threads, but they have slowly turned into them:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/what-are-you-currently-doing/257405/8

Those are just the most recently used ones

Apologies if I went too much off topic yesterday. I’ll reign it in and delete anything necessary

Noooo love your randomness @Orgasm_Chaser!

2 Likes

If there’s a dedicated topic you wouldn’t need to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apart from one-on-one chat. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, Brenna. I can see where some of those threads have wandered off-topic (and there’s a section of the “What are you currently doing?” thread from 2019 that’s blatant sexting, frankly), but I’m very concerned that the “Is everyone okay?” thread is being thought of as having lost its plot and might be absorbed into some amorphous general chat thread. This thread has a serious purpose - asking us all how we’re coping under the current pandemic and to shout out if we need moral support - and IMHO it would be a real shame for it to lose its identity.

3 Likes

That’s why I made this topic, so I can see which ones you want to keep and which ones could become a topic-blob :slight_smile: If the thread stays on topic and doesn’t wander into daily chit-chat territory, I’m happy for it to stay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at it, it veered off course almost immediately. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nail chit chat thread to stay please! :innocent:

4 Likes

This is something I’ve been meaning to ask about. Y’see, as they stand currently, the advertised forum rules prohibit one-on-one flirting, not chat. If members are being asked not to fall into the habit of bouncing everyday “how’s the weather?” chat off one another (something that happens often by accident - the participants aren’t intending for their interaction to exclude other members: it just happens that they’re the only two members in that thread at the time), then maybe the wording of the forum rules needs changing?

1 Like