There seem to be a lot of chat threads

Threads about certain things can stay, it’s when they go off-topic into daily chit-chat that they need moving to somewhere else, the question is - moving to where?

3 Likes

…and then got back on course. This is how humans interact. We’re not machines! :joy:

Lots of members manage to stay on-topic. It may require a little extra self-discipline, but I think it makes the Forum a much easier place to navigate and enjoy. :+1:

1 Like

A good way to keep chat open is to use open questions when chatting when there seems to just be 2 people. Instead of saying " @PleasureDrone what did you have for dinner?" you could ask “what has everyone had for dinner?” that way anyone can jump in and not feel like they’re invading a private chat.

3 Likes

I’d also say, be mindful of the ‘back and forth’. :slightly_smiling_face: If a topic becomes a ping pong between two members make sure the information you’re sharing has wider appeal (sex toys, for instance). If it’s just extended banter between two people like a WhatsApp chat then it’s probably not suitable for the Forum.

3 Likes

When the new forum went live, people used to leave threads on specific topics and head off to The Sandbox to try things out.
Maybe we should take ourselves off to the Lounge when things start to go off topic, and then we can just lounge about chatting. We could just say to each other, ‘let’s pop to the Lounge?’ if things veer away from the title of the thread?

10 Likes

Ooh I like that! :smiley:

4 Likes

Or people could just turn up in the Lounge to see who else is around? ‘I’m in the lounge if anyone want to join me with a cuppa!’
There would need to be a ‘this is a public space - no copping off!’ type of rule.

3 Likes

Nice idea, i’m often here in the early hours when i’m at work (Up at 3.30am) and there’s often just a couple of us up. It would be a nice place to meet!

6 Likes

I think that’s a great idea, especially the no copping off rule! :+1: It would be a shame if it turned into another area for too much flirty chat .

3 Likes

Who has access to the lounge

No one yet, I haven’t made it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: ohhh lol I thought it was like an exclusive club or something. Only the loungers know about the lounge.

6 Likes

You need a pass for the lounge it’s a bit like the BA silver club :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m tempted to suggest make it a TL2 thing - there are sometimes people joining at the weekend with the wrong idea about what the forum is. We are pretty good at self-policing, though!

5 Likes

I agree, sometimes i’m not sure if they’re trolling or just waded in without reading the rules, thinking it’s a dating forum or that they can be as crude as they like.

4 Likes

I think it would need to be open to everybody. Some people have no interest in becoming TL2, and it would be unfair to lock them out of a key part of the forum.

2 Likes

@WillC yes, that is what I was thinking. Someone usually sets them straight, though!
@Ian_Chimp fair enough. I was thinking that most members who are active get to level 2 quite quickly, but maybe infrequent users don’t. Not wishing to exclude anyone.

1 Like

There is a TL0 for brand new people, but they get to TL1 after about an hour. Maybe you could ask @Lovehoney_Brenna if she would consider making it (slightly?) harder to get to TL1 Basic?

A TL3 can quash a TL0 post as spam instantly, I think

3 Likes

I like the sound of the lounge.

2 Likes