Tights

Having spent years and years thinking tights were about the most unattractive garment on the planet this year I have suddenly fallen completely in love with them! I think I didn't like them before because I associated them with school but I've suddenly realised how nice they are...like half a body stocking! They come in so many pretty colours and patterns, it's a good job I'm broke at the minute otherwise I'd have brought about a million pairs!

Lots of people go ga-ga for stockings but does anyone else share my lusting for tights (and women wearing them!)?

xxKPxx

I used to wear them a lot for work but back then they were pretty boring and plain, these days they are lovely and I have some dresses that would look really good with the patterned tights. Alas I have no money too so have no reason to put my dresses on, Im sure I would get some strange looks from the mums at the nursery if I turned up all dressed up.

I used to wear funky tights too, but you'll very, very rarely find me in a dress (unless it's summer - therefore, no tights) or skirt. I only wear skirts for job interviews and they are stay-ups. It's a shame really, and a costly one at that :(

i love them! especially anything a bit odd and colourful :)

also handjobs go down a treat when using tights (dont get carried away it can cause serious problems :p)

You thought they were the most unattractive garment? Surely that's leggings?

I dislike tights. They're like stockings only with all the sex appeal sucked out. They make access awkward too and I still see them as a childlike thing. If you showed me some tights I thought were stockings then I'm not sure what I would think.

I must say tights are a pain for me! I can't stand them - they're uncomfy and impractical, the bunch up and I can't say I find them attractive. They make me all hot and uncomfy. I try to avoid wearing them and would rather wear stockings, leggings or knee high socks as an alternative if I can but sometimes there's no avoiding them!

Adxx

Hold-ups tend to fall down my midget legs and I'm rather energetic so suspender belts come undone. I do love stockings in the bedroom and will ocassionally wear them out and about if I know I'm not doing much. I also worry that my skirt will lift up, I don't sit still and always cross and bend my legs all over the place, I really wouldn't want to flash anyone!

I like that I can get away with shorter skirts when I wear tights than I can when I wear stockings! Tights are also lovely and warm in the winter, I feel sexier when I'm comfortable and not freezing due to upskirt drafts!

Ordinary black tights aren't very sexy I'll grant you but interesting ones, like these for example, I think are mighty attractive:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13835

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17198

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18396

xxKPxx

Of course none of those would keep you much warmer than stockings/knee high socks :P they do look lovely, but they just can't be very comfy. Mind those with knickers built in might be more comfy!

I just don't find them comfortable in the slightest! I have major skin issues "down there" so anything too restrictive is not fun!

I do see the appeal in terms of letting you wear some short skirts or not flashing - but I'd rather wear knee high socks and short style knickers to prevent that ;)

Adxx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Of course none of those would keep you much warmer than stockings/knee high socks :P they do look lovely, but they just can't be very comfy. Mind those with knickers built in might be more comfy!

I just don't find them comfortable in the slightest! I have major skin issues "down there" so anything too restrictive is not fun!

I do see the appeal in terms of letting you wear some short skirts or not flashing - but I'd rather wear knee high socks and short style knickers to prevent that ;)

Adxx

Bless you that must be a pain not being able to wear certain things *hugs*

I can't really wear knee high socks without looking like jailbait, even at 26 it just looks a bit wrong when I wear them! lol!

In terms of flashing, boyshorts are lovely (and my underwear of choice!) but it's more that I worry about people seeing my stocking tops. In the right situation that might be ok (cheeky flash at my OH in public) but at uni I wouldn't want to be advertising my lingere lecturers and such! Most girls could get away with it because they sit in a much more lady-like way than I do, without thinking I sit on my feet or with my legs bent weirdly...I just know it'd end in disaster (or possibly higher grades I suppose!)

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adxx

I can't really wear knee high socks without looking like jailbait, even at 26 it just looks a bit wrong when I wear them! lol!

In terms of flashing, boyshorts are lovely (and my underwear of choice!) but it's more that I worry about people seeing my stocking tops. In the right situation that might be ok (cheeky flash at my OH in public) but at uni I wouldn't want to be advertising my lingere lecturers and such! Most girls could get away with it because they sit in a much more lady-like way than I do, without thinking I sit on my feet or with my legs bent weirdly...I just know it'd end in disaster (or possibly higher grades I suppose!)

xxKPxx

My theory is that mostly only Asian (what a stupid term really, it's a big place!) girls can wear knee high socks!

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adxx

xxKPxx

Ha that's a good point - I sit in some of the most awkward positions too - perhaps I need to rethink my choices. I think I just automatically alter it depending on what I wear. It's not that I don't sit comfortably in skirts - I'm still comfy, I just sit differently :S At least I hope I do.

Our lectures are *very* "personal" since it's such a small group so I do feel the need to sit "properly" more.

I have found a good alternative though, Primark have some lovely legging/tights crosses. They look like tights but there a little looser (more like a good fitting pair of leggings) and are footless which gives them more freedom to move with me.

Adx

I dunno. My halloween costume this year required me to wear a pair of white tights and I must say it was a bit more interesting than i'd thought. It's like your legs are getting a hug. =) Men miss out on the best things. Shame I can't be 16th century every day. =P

I have loads of tights and wear them quite often. but just as a practical item or part of my outfit rather than as something sexy. I have different colours/textures/patterns/thicknesses etc. Recently I've been lusting after the 'bondage' tights Cheryl Cole wore in her last video. But £32.00 :( ...

Had a rather yummy dream about being in bed with a girl and we were both just wearing tights! My love of them has increased twenty-fold!

xxKPxx

I cant get tights that fit, I'm a larger lady but because my legs are so damn long the largest size sill only reaches mid thigh :(

MsEllie wrote:

I cant get tights that fit, I'm a larger lady but because my legs are so damn long the largest size sill only reaches mid thigh :(

I have the issue that though my legs aren't *that* long, I'm quite tall....and thin....so the bigger sizes bunch up at the knees and the smaller ones are too short :(

Adx

i to find it hard to find tights that fit since i have long longs. the only time i wear tights is underneath my work trousers when its really cold i'd much rather wear hold ups or stockings

i've mostly given up, I can get long enough OR wide enough, not both :(

We love stockings and tights though MrsB tends to wear the latter more than the former. Sheer tights are so much fun esp. without knickers, and MrB goes crazy when MrsB wears them. Great fun to vibe through too.

can't beat suspenders and a good corset.but nice colured tights are good too witha short skirt