Toy Bags

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question but anywho...

I recently noticed that LoveHoney has stopped selling toy storage bags and boxes and I was thinking about making my own bags so my question is:

What materials would you all recommend I use? Cotton? Linen? Satin?

I have toys made with latex, silicone and PVC so I need a material that won't affect any of these.

Thanks in advance guys =)

Natural fibers are cotton, linen, silk, and wool. Artificial are polyester, nylon, microfiber, spandex, and many others. I imagine any natural fiber should be safe, though I've never had any difficulty storing my toys in satin bags that were made of polyester.

But 100% cotton fabric is cheap and easy to work with, and comes in many different designs, so if I was making my own, I'd use that.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly I thought cotton might be the best but wasn't sure. I'll get some cotton fabric asap and tell you how it works out

Make sure you use pinking shears to cut the fabric or serge the edges, or all your toys will end up covered in fluff!

Ooooo I do have several toys that pick up fluff like crazy I think I'll get a couple of meters of each cotton and satin and see how it goes serging is where you run a flame along the edges yeah?

slash_fan I think thats a fantastic idea about you making storeage bags for sex toys. Let me know how you get on, oh and are you thinking of making them to sell? If so, I think you'd do really well to. I'd definately consider a purchase!

rb

x x

I wonder if using corn flour on the toys that pick up fluff would work like it does on cyberskin. Might give that a try.

I hadn't really thought about selling them...they are just going to be simple draw-string bags sized for each individual toy I had looked at the professional ones available but they're all like £14 for just one bag and quite elaborate for just storage I thought =/ I will see how it goes with mine and if all goes well I might think about selling them thanks for the idea hun

I've never tried corn flour on my toys, does it work well?