toys melting! Arghhh!

I thought i would have some cheeky fun, went to get ice scream out to find 2 patches of jelly like material on the side. At first i thought maybe lube might have leaked onto them, but im sure that the actual vibrator has melted. I checked my others to find that most of them have lines or steaks where the texture feels more jellyish and different to the rest. All the vibes and dildos are placed in seperate bags. Im so disappointed, its so much money :( I mean the vibrators are placed in a box under my bed and i know that we have had some hot weather but i didn't think it would have caused them to melt. They still work, but i'm scared of using them as with friction as they feel different and the material feels much weaker in places. So far, i might have to throw away http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16051, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13479 ,http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16364 ,http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13992 thats nearly £50 worth of stuff..

Any recommendations or advice on what to do? I'm actually quite devastated!

LK xx

That's a strange one indeed if they were all in separate bags as that eliminates any chemical reactions. Unless have you been using silicon based lubricants with your toys as that tends to disagree with quite a few products out there? I find it pretty impossible to believe they melted with the heat as the melting point for rubber varies according to the structure but tends to be over 100 degrees C (373K) although I'm not saying it's impossible. I did notice in an old vibrator that I accidentally left the batteries in that the batteries became crystalised from the redox reactions, perhaps leaving the batteries in for extended periods of time can cause damage as well as reduce battery life?

Other than that I'm at a loss as to how this could actually happen. Sorry. :(

Talk to LoveHoneys customer services and explain what has happened, if they can do anything they will. Otherwise don't put the vibes in the bin - as they are classed as electrical items! Send them back to LoveHoney for recycling! You could even get a half price rabbit from them. If customer services cant replace them you might be able to send the vibes back and get the same ones at half price instead of a rabbit, but you really need to talk to customer services!

x

Oh yeah, I forgot to say all that but thankfully M&S was there to add in what I intended to. Get in contact with customer services and if they can't do anything about it then set them free on the rabbit farm.

That is very strange indeed. You would have thought it would be pretty cool under the bed. There aren't any hot pipes running under that part of the floor? Long shot. There must be something that has caused them to react - I find it strange how it affected them when they were all in different bags! Hope you figure out what happened! Keep us updated x

after reading this is have rushed to check mine...This does sound very odd.

If anything I would guess a silicone lube was used...

Well, i have found the answer i think! After the scare of finding the two most disfigured toys (the basix dildo, and the ice scream vibe) i had a good look through my treasure chest to find that two bags were missing. Got in touch with the OH and she said she had forgotten to put them back during our last night together, so im guessing it actually was due to the vibes reacting to each other. It's normally me putting all the toys away as i am abit of a neat freak, and like everything to be in their own specific place. I guess during the heat of the moment i was convinced that they were both in seperate bags as they normally are. Im actually surprised that it has happened so quick though, at the most they have been placed together for is roughly 3 weeks. But all said and done it was our fault (well, when i say our i actually mean the missus!). I should have checked with my other half first, sorry to scare you all! The other two vibes are okay after a close inspection, the nodules on the gold finger vibe are a little iffy so it was harder to tell whether it had 'melted' or just a little oddly shaped. Needless to say i have gone through my little box of toys and rearranged them all and put them back in their rightful place! Thanks guys for all the advice, sorry to worry you all, i feel a little silly now! At least the problem is solved. Now.. How do i get the girlfriend to pay for some new ones? ;p

LK xxx

the same thing has happened to four of my toys and i dont use lube at all, i get very moist anyway. the suction cup on my vibe melted so much it wont stick to any surface now, very disapointing

Oh another thing i did want to ask is would it still be okay to actually use them? The ice scream one has 2 jelly like patches on the base of it and the material seems quite weak at those places, but normally we tend to use it for clitoral stimulation (the tip and the rest of the vibe seems perfectly fine) Any ideas? Or should i just cut my losses? I know i probably sound so cheap, but this one one of my favourites for the strength of the vibrations.

LK xx

Hmmm... I'm not sure. If the material is still solid I don't think there would be a problem? I'm simply guessing though!

For clitoral stimulation I imagine it'd be fine.

I seem to remember someone had an ice scream one they were wanting rid of in the Adopt a Toy thread, might me worth having a look to see if it's still available?

Ecksvie wrote:

I seem to remember someone had an ice scream one they were wanting rid of in the Adopt a Toy thread, might me worth having a look to see if it's still available?

I'm sure there's at least 3 going in that thread. Seems to be a popular toy.

Muz333 wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

I'm sure there's at least 3 going in that thread. Seems to be a popular toy.

Or one which was on the Facebook offer recently!

WandA wrote:

Or one which was on the Facebook offer recently!

I'm not part of any networking sites. I don't need to know what my friends and a bunch of people I never spoke to at school yet felt obliged to add me are up to. If I wanted to know I'd phone them. :)

Aww Laurakins, you must be gutted hun.. At least you've solved the mystery! I'm sure it could be used for cliteral still? I have an icescream aswell and i'd be horrified for something to happen to it! Good luck with whatever you decide to do! x MC x

same thing happened to my 2 favourite toys :( was totally gutted!!! still havent replaced them yet but never mind, plenty more to play with :) xx

Lesson learned ey? Don't put silicone toys together.

I found the other day one of my fav vibrators had melted, and had melted onto the OHs sleve and another one of my vibes :( Have replaced them since. But i didnt think it was that hot to do such a thing...

xx

mybadx wrote:

I found the other day one of my fav vibrators had melted, and had melted onto the OHs sleve and another one of my vibes :( Have replaced them since. But i didnt think it was that hot to do such a thing...

xx

If you mix silicone toys or with silicone lube they can melt!