Treating someone to a wishlist gift?

Hey, so im thinking of sending people on my friends list a present off of their wishlist on their birthday? Like i would choose one person every month?

I know you can see birthdays on the main forums but is there anyway you can see someones birthday seperatly if they are your friend?

Would really like to do this i love gifting!

Plus giftng people ive become good friends with on here. Would that be considered odd? I dont want to come across as a creeper.

I don't think anyone on this forum would complain about free toys, not at all!

That is kind. It sounds like one of those "pay it forward" ideas. I think it is possible to do it anonymously.

Well yeah pretty much :) Gifting people actually gives me a total turn on so it works all ways ;)

I think im gonna choose one person every month (if its their bday month) on my friends list and gift them... i need to have a look into it ofc depending on the price of toys people would like but i think its an awesome idea ;) As much as my money will allow lets just say :)

haha missmhithrha i agree there actually too!!! Ii think where im just a newbie im totally not used to people being so open about sex and everything!

It's not odd at all, in fact it is refreshing to see someone asking about giving gifts rather than begging for them! :p

But no, it is a nice idea. I've wished I had the money spare to send people a lil something to cheer them up a fair few times so you're not the only one wanting to give for non creepy reasons haha :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It's not odd at all, in fact it is refreshing to see someone asking about giving gifts rather than begging for them! :p

But no, it is a nice idea. I've wished I had the money spare to send people a lil something to cheer them up a fair few times so you're not the only one wanting to give for non creepy reasons haha :)

I dont have the money to do huge gifts but you know the little ones? Just something to give someone a little 'shock' ;) when they open their mail in the morning.

I've always been a giver quite honestly ive spent more money on love honey buying friends presents than i have actually spent on myself :)

as long as someone has a public wishlist it is possible to send them absolutely anything on the site. It doesn't have to be from their wishlist.

The LH Fairy wrote:

as long as someone has a public wishlist it is possible to send them absolutely anything on the site. It doesn't have to be from their wishlist.

Ah.. So this is how I got a ruler then ;)

I think it's a lovely idea and a very generous one too. Dont think anyone would think of you as a creeper , just kind and thoughtful. I love getting surprises and often it's the small but carefully thought of gifts that are more appreciated.

What a kind idea. I can imagine that would make someone's day. I can't imagine many people would think it odd. I certainly wouldn't.

Hope you are enjoying LH.

A lovely and heart felt idea, I am sure people will be very much touched (no pun intended lol) by what your conteplating on doing :)

The LH Fairy wrote:

Didnt know that! I assumed you could only send wishlist items but i suppose thats just a way of ensuring you dont buy someone something they already own.

The LH Fairy wrote:

Ah really this is awesome! I want to send people things but sometimes it will just be something tiny! but this is cool it means i can gift little things like lube etc if im short on cash and thereis nothing cheap on their list :)

Just tried to order my first gift for someone! How do you add a personal message?

This is a really sweet idea. Good for you being such a generous person :) I'm not sure about adding a personal message so can't help with that, but wanted to add support to your idea. It's really nice and I'm sure it'll make people really happy.

thank you skitty :) im so excited to start gifting :)

I still think that if you receive a gift you should buy one for someone else too. That way the happiness will spread!

AsYouWish! wrote:

I still think that if you receive a gift you should buy one for someone else too. That way the happiness will spread!

But it's not the point of a "gift" to then do the same really. This came up with a chain of people in America when someone at a drive thru Starbucks bought a coffee, and paid for the person behinds order too. Instead of accepting the gift, they did the same, and it went on for a good few hours, til someone got their order paid for, then declined paying for the order behind them. It somehow ended up national news (international thanks to the net) and people went CRAZY.

I very much agreed with someones comment on that though, that if you're bought a gift, the polite thing is to accept it and be grateful. It also kind of de values the original gesture to start a chain as ultimately there's then no real "gift" as everyone ends up spending money anyway apart from the original gifter, and the inevitable chain breaker, so all the inbetweens don't actually gain, and some may actually spend more than the cost of their gift. Plus not everyone has money all the time to spend on none essentials, but can still visit the site. If they got gifted, but couldn't afford to gift someone else, think how bad they'd feel, or if they couldn't match the ammount spent on them, or the person they pick to gift only has expensive items on their list. Buying off list you run the risk of duplicating or buying something they wouldn't use, so that's still risky to go with something cheaper.

Anywho, to answer the original question, the only way to see someones birthday is when it is their birthday, unless they happen to have the date typed in their "about me" bit on their profile, or have a twitter/facebook profile name on their lh profile that you can look up and has their birthdate viewable.

Your so sweet and thoughtful, no one would misread this :) I to enjoy giving but every penny counts with children maybe when things straighten out I will follow your example xxx it is very exciting getting it all ready its shame you will miss their reaction when they open it as thats always the best bit ♥

Was thinking about this the other day too :). Not every month though, I am rubbish with money and allways end up skint! Lol.

I was thinking about the recieving end of things. How it would be really nice knowing somebody has thought of you. Plus it makes it even better that it is anonymous so you know they aren't doing it to get praise or show off.

So having thought of it from the person recievings point of view i decided my next purchase may well be a gift for a friend :) .