Tying up successfully

Bondage with silk scarves is NOT the best idea - if your partner struggles and the scarves tighten around his wrists he could end up with anything from contusions to nerve damage. Cable ties are kinda dangerous too, as are the type of handcuffs which can tighten when leaned upon. I would suggest some proper restraints, and if you must use handcuffs buy the double locking type (the type the police use) so they can't accidentally tighten around your partner's wrists. Bare metal handcuffs aren't good to struggle against though, it can wind up being very painful. In my opinion the best thing you can get is some of those padded wrist restraints - LoveHoney sells a few decent wrist restraints, and if you don't want to damage your bed you could get either the under-the-bed type of bondage gear or the type that attaches to a door.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5217

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5202

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Bondage with silk scarves is NOT the best idea - if your partner struggles and the scarves tighten around his wrists he could end up with anything from contusions to nerve damage. Cable ties are kinda dangerous too, as are the type of handcuffs which can tighten when leaned upon. I would suggest some proper restraints, and if you must use handcuffs buy the double locking type (the type the police use) so they can't accidentally tighten around your partner's wrists. Bare metal handcuffs aren't good to struggle against though, it can wind up being very painful. In my opinion the best thing you can get is some of those padded wrist restraints - LoveHoney sells a few decent wrist restraints, and if you don't want to damage your bed you could get either the under-the-bed type of bondage gear or the type that attaches to a door.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5217

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5202

Thought it was only perps that struggled to that extent, you wouldn't be able to tell in most cases whether or not they have nerve damage as most are only half a step evolved from the amoeba !!

TB

Depends what you want, you can get extra long Velcro straps from B&Q for easy tir ups that he can escape from with not too much hassle. If you you really want the bugger to stay put, either use cable ties (easy, cheap & effective!) or wet some natural fibre rope before yanking tight! It'll shrink when dry to really bind in. Use a cloth under the bindings to avoid marks.

If you really feel evil.... super glue his hands together !!!!! ha ha!

I recall tying up in spectacular fashion the last time l ran 400 metres .....

TB

Those bungy cords with the hooks on are great for improve captive restraints, back when I was in the Cadets, two or three would completly incapasitate an individual to a bed for a sound beating or torture! They work justs as well when they're running away, a quick rugby tackle, it a second you can lash them up for later!

Mucky you sure you were in the gadgets, sounds more like the Liebstandarte nursery aka Hitler Youth- strength through joy and all that old cobblers!!!

TB

I do not agree with ZZ9PluralZAlpha on the silk scarves. I would agree however that cable ties are dangerous. As for cuffs, definately never buy cheap ones, if you want fur lined, buy proper ones and go to the habidashery.

Wether or not a knot tightens in use depends solely on the knot used, the material plays a minor part. Silk as cordage grips well and does not jam, it's very soft and very very strong. If you want softer wrap up a tea towel down the length of it fold the edges in and tie with ends not padded. As a cloth, there is a minor risk of not being able to grip the right section during the untying process, This is easily averted with a bit of bondage tape wrapped over the loose ends, right up close to the knot and covering only the width of the tape, this much more easily pushes itself back through the knot.

As someone else recommended the square knot, over hand knot etc...Is a good suggestion for a finishing knot, it can be yanked to one side and comes apart instantly.

Padded wrist restraints are a costly way of getting into bondage, Bondage is about being bound, not just cuffed. Don't get me wrong though I LOVE leather and some restraints are worth it, many aren't. They use cheap hard tanned leather which more resembles tough cardboard than a soft and supple leather.

This thread is titled "how to TIE successfully" So if I may break it down logically

Tie means using knots, I suggest the portugeese bowline for wrists and ankles using minimum 6mm cordage, prefered between 8-10. Hemp used by the japanese is used for strength, suppleness and knot holding ability, for some even the smell.

Finishing your cinches use a square knot, don't know what a cinch is? Then wait till you do. Do the research, buy the books, or learn to decript bondage images.

Successfully, means safety and security in the bondage. Make sure you have sharp things handy, wether thats ambulance scissors which will rip through seatbelts in micro seconds or a dull tipped but sharp knife. I hate growing up these days when every danger has to be spelt out for people however. If you do not know how to safely use a knife. DO NOT use it, get the scissors.

If jst getting started use bowlines for all single limb attachments tied to ropes with a sheet bend, It keeps everything seperate and safer. When you are comfortable with these then begin to use single length cords for your art.

Too tired to type more right now, but thats my opinions anyhow.

Ja, Güte ist Schwäche, Kraft ist Macht!!!!