Tying up successfully

Can anyone give me some tips to tie up my OH so he can't get free please? We have a metal bed with posts at each corner - not great for some positions but great for bondage! I don't want to go to the expense of restraints just yet but he always seem able to undo my knots!!! I really want him helpless so I can do just what I want to him. Thought of tape but worried it might take the coating off the bed frame which would be a shame. If we were to get some restraint thingies to attach to the posts then I'd want them to be adjustable for either of us and I'm alot smaller then him. No need for a spreader (god I do like the look of them tho - been in my fantasies for years) as we have the posts.

Ta you lovely lot

Can you sew? You could try sewing some velcro onto one end of a tie so that it'd go round his wrists and ankles.

We have this set here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1204

and we really do love it, it works for both of us and it's not so secure that we couldn't escape if we really wanted/needed to, but it is secure for a bit of tugging.

Maybe you could tell him that you don't want him to escape and ask him to stop doing it?

Hmmm - they look good but I really don't want him escaping at all and believe me he'll want to. I like that pain/pleasure thing you see. We will have a safe word but I do think it takes the fun out of bondage if you know you could wriggle out if you really tried. I might look at making my own velcro jobs for the bed or i did think of silk scarves - surprising strong and i think the knots would only get tighter if you struggled!

I think you need a book on knots! And some silk scarves coz they work well. As long as he doesn't rip them...

We suggest using an industrial rivet gun through his wrists and ankles. let him try and get out of that. Or perhaps tie his wrists and ankles with barbed wire; the more he struggles the more it hurts. When we caught some young lads scrumping in the orchard of Naughty Towers last year we tied them up with barbed wire and kept them in the old crypt for 3 days. There's been no scrumping since, so we suggest that barbed wire might be your best option.

BDSM Chicago have quite a lot of tutorial pages, including basics such as using square knots and lark's heads.

If so, could be because you've accidently used a granny knot (which slips) instead of a square knot (which is similar but generally deosn't slip). Or is he untying the knots, perhaps because the knots are too close to his hands (assuming you've got him spreadeagled on the bed - envious of the bed by the way!)? If you're using a Lark's Head this shouldn't happen.

(Probably better described by BDSM Chicago, bu t to give you the vbasic idea, you double the rope or whatever you're tying with, go round wrist or whatever and through the gap at the point where the rope is doubled - the 'Lark's Head' - then the rope goes from the wrist to the post or whatever you're tying to. To tie two wrists together like this, keep the wrists apart a bit - say 4-6 inches - the doubled rope goes round the outside of both wrists and through the Lark's Head, then wrap the rope around both of the ropes between the wrists, and keep doing this until all/most of the rope has been pulled together before tying off in the middle.)

Hope you get sorted and have lots of fun, but hope you're remembering basic safety - have medical scissors handy in case emergency release is needed, nothing tight around the neck, and don't mix bondage and alcohol.

BDSM Chicago's tutorials can be found at:
http://www.bdsm-chicago.com/cram/CRAM_tuts.html

Ahhhhhh .... somehow lost a sentence from the second paragraph, which should have started 'Is he getting out just by pulling on the rope?'

(Wish there was some way to edit posts here ...)

OMG - not quite up to your bondage standard yet Mr & Mrs N.

Not sure how he's getting out Readvise but now I'm thinking of investing in some proper restraints. I'm thinking that the ones with velcro will only come undone when I undo them? We're only into gentle bondage really - but i know he'll try to get free when he sees what I"ll be wearing (not anything that raunchy really but it'll be his favourite stuff) cos he'll wanna do me and I wanna keep him tied down til I say so.

Horny Pony wrote:

OMG - not quite up to your bondage standard yet Mr & Mrs N.

Not sure how he's getting out Readvise but now I'm thinking of investing in some proper restraints. I'm thinking that the ones with velcro will only come undone when I undo them? We're only into gentle bondage really - but i know he'll try to get free when he sees what I"ll be wearing (not anything that raunchy really but it'll be his favourite stuff) cos he'll wanna do me and I wanna keep him tied down til I say so.

Don't mind them Naughties... always messing, they are. That's when they're not tying boys up with barbed wire.

What about plain old handcuffs? I know my own furry ones have a quick-release on them, but you can actually lock that release as well so that you can't actually get out of them without the key... that way you're not relying on knots. Leather wrist cuffs would do the same job... there's loads of options here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=1366

Like the sound of leather wrist cuffs. Gonna have a nosey and treat us I think!

@ Horny Pony

Leather wrist cuffs would still need to be attched to the bead, so I recommend a beginners guide to knots and a 2 metre length of braided 15mm practice rope from a yacht chandlers. That's how I learned knots

In the meantine some handcuffs will get the job done. Buy proper police type ones with a key, not the novelty type. Hiatt make the official ones for the UK forces. Handcuffs are good for making on the spot "arrests" outside the bedroom so you get more fun for your money

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7873

I swear by bondage tape

Try a book on shibari - Japanese rope bondage. There's plenty of them, and they all teach good, secure knots...

Bondage tape is great! havnt found anyone who can get out of it yet!

Hi Lilchick, can you use wrap around after wraparound of bondage tape and be crap at knots!!

Tallboy

I bought some tape, now I'm just waiting on someone to try it out on

Cable ties. :) Cheap, strong, easy to use, and impossible to escape from. Law enforcement use them as handcuffs. Just take care that they don't cut into him. And keep a sharp knife or some other kind of cutter handy, just in case you need to get them off in a hurry.

Velcro cable ties might be even better for this, but I've never used them in this context, so I can't advise about that. :p

Good luck! :)

imeldaimelda wrote:

I bought some tape, now I'm just waiting on someone to try it out on External Media

me me me me me me me me me me me me me pleeze!!

Tallboy

sanctusmortis wrote:

Try a book on shibari - Japanese rope bondage. There's plenty of them, and they all teach good, secure knots...

There some links to tutorial material on my site: http://www.esinem.com

The secret is rope that doesn't stretch and keeping the knots away from fingers. Shibari doesn't use much in the way of knots beyond a reef knot, square knot and the odd hitch, it's mostly wraps and turns.

Esinem wrote:

sanctusmortis wrote:

There some links to tutorial material on my site: http://www.esinem.com

The secret is rope that doesn't stretch and keeping the knots away from fingers. Shibari doesn't use much in the way of knots beyond a reef knot, square knot and the odd hitch, it's mostly wraps and turns.

Welome to the forum.

Your site is has some beautiful photographs and is very informative. I find shibari stunning and deeply erotic to see but have yet only experienced minimal experienced rope bondage myself.

I hope you have time to share some more of your wisdom on here.

Legs