Umm not sure if this is a too much information kind of question..

If you're on your period and you want to use a toy, say like a silicone vibrator, would that damage the material? Because of the blood? I'm just not sure if it effects it or not. I'm sure it wouldn't but would be nice to know for sure..

Nope, I've never had any issues - it washes right off with no staining or anything. It's fine.

As long as you use body safe materials (i.e. medical grade silicone, glass, ABS plastic) and your toys are properly cleaned before and after to reduce infection risk, you should be fine. :)

I would definitely avoid rubber, jelly, cyberskin etc. whilst on your period (and in general to be honest). 

Good to know, thank you both :)

Boogaloo wrote:

As long as you use body safe materials (i.e. medical grade silicone, glass, ABS plastic) and your toys are properly cleaned before and after to reduce infection risk, you should be fine. :)

I would definitely avoid rubber, jelly, cyberskin etc. whilst on your period (and in general to be honest).

+1 ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I've never had any issues using silicone vibes or glass.

Well to be honest I wasn't expecting to get my period since I got my implant taken out a few years ago, it's never been regular at all so I never really know when it comes. But I've been experiencing period pain all night and they're still continuing. It's just my luck that it's arriving when I've got some new toys to come tomorrow :(

I usually use glass toys during my period simply because glass is so much easier to clean up. I have used my silicone vibrator too and it never hurt anything, it was just really messy.

I understand about your period pain ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) I get it every month too. Sometimes if I'm really hurting and need an orgasm for relief I will just use a clitoral vibrator. This way I can even keep a tampon in at the same time so it's not as messy.

I use a mooncup for my period so I get no leakage at all during my period when I use toys

I'm intrigued about this moon cup, gonna look into getting one.

Are they expensive?

To be honest whatever toys I use during a period always clean up fine. I just make sure they're washed stright after and then cleaned with a good sex toy cleaner xx

I want a mooncup now you mentioned that lol I'll have a look into it. Well at least I know that it'll be fine if I used anything while on my period :)

If all else fails, slipping a condom over your toy (if possible) is a good solution in the interim.

hmmm I dont get how mooncups work with toys

Lovehoney - Nadia wrote:

If all else fails, slipping a condom over your toy (if possible) is a good solution in the interim.

Never thought of that lol

The mooncup acts a bit like a diaphragm, I can still insert a rabbit nearly the whole way in and the cup just gets deeper.

I have trimmed my stem right down though and they do take a little practice if you've never used one before.

great for periods though, I empty mine in the morning and again at night unless im particularly heavy. I've had the same cup for five years and it's still going strong.

Lovehoney - Nadia wrote:

+1 to that. That's also good for less-mess anal play. But really only necessary if you are worried about staining or won't be able to wash the toy straight away. As others have said, you most likely don't need to worry.

And yes, menstrual cups are the best. (They're generally made of medical-grade silicon, by the way - so that tells you all you need to know about silicon toys and blood.) I have a Lady Cup brand and I love it. So easy to use once you get used to them, so clean, and best of all, so environmentally friendly and cost effective! I also have some cloth pads/panty-liners and crochet tampons, but I rarely use them because the cup is so fantastic.

My vagina is short so my cup already nestles close to my cervix, while the (trimmed very short) stem is still near the opening. I don't think I'd be able to get a toy in there without dislodging it. But I don't really like vaginal most toys I've tried anyways, so it's all good.