Unapplying discount codes?

I had some trouble applying the first time order discount so I used the live chat support and that helped me out, but it turned out my order was more expensive because with the code applied I have to pay for shipping. I asked the customer support person how I can unapply it, but they just told me to close it and open it again, after which of course the code was still applied, then they closed the chat. I couldn't figure anything out on my own, so I hope someone here knows something.

Can you remove the item from your basket? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/your-basket/

I couldn't shift it without clearing my cookies (on my phone). I tried emptying the basket, logging out and back, but it was still there when I added something back into the basket. They're sticky little buggers. 🙂

Your order must be just on the cusp of the bad side of the maths. That's most unfortunate. If you can't shift it you can always put your order in over the phone?

Sometimes when I'm trying to squeeze the most out of a discount code I've found adding a little something can push the numbers the right way. These have saved me a fair few quid already. 👍🙂

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31076

Alternatively you could consider bumping your order up to £50, and then you'd jump straight to Unlimited (if you're a UK customer). Then you'd get free delivery and a 25% off £40+ voucher you can use as often as you like. 👍🙂

Me again. 🙂 I can't work out how much your order is, or the percentage of the discount code you're using for it to not work out cheaper? If you're a first time UK customer (which may be where I'm going wrong) then you should get at least a 15% off discount, and free delivery at £40 - so if you ordered a £40 item without applying the discount it'd be £40 and free delivery, but if you add in the 15% off it'd be £34 + £3.99 delivery (£37.99).

I'm wondering if the discrepancy you're experiencing is because of the free £5 in points you get when you sign up? Those are used in the checkout rather than the basket, so it may seem like one order is more expensive overall than the other if you've accidentally compared basket price to checkout total?

I'm just spit balling, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. 🙂