Lovehoney VIP code issue

I recently placed an order using a VIP code and received the wrong item, well it was the right item only it wasn't advertised as described and made by a different company than claimed.

Now the problem is that if I return the item I can't have a refund since I used a VIP code and 'I don't have any money to credit back', I'd be spending the same but not getting anything else in return since the item was only £5. I do have the option of using it as part credit for something else but rather annoyingly I've already purchased what I want and being only £5 there is nothing I actually want or I can send the whole order back.

Apart from being quite hacked off at having three non-solutions I'm wondering if the VIP code would be better formatted if it was changed to avoid problems like mine? It seems a bit counter-intuitive for a returning customer to have such a problem and end up feeling a bit cheated. Would it not be better to get 20% off all orders over £50 or something (as the code now effectively is) so that if the cost of an item is refunded the 20% can still be applied to the other items? This also would have saved me making two £40 orders, I split the order just to use the code.

Thoughts on the VIP code as a whole (it's often discussed in a how does it work but not what we actually think of it) or thoughts on the practice would be appreciated.

I have had that issue.. It was worse for me when I bought a lot in the winter sale (or was it before). Anyways they do make it a little weird with being refund an item when using codes. You lose out (kinda) when you especially get smaller items that you want to return. I usually just choose another but it's a little disappointing when things are limited in that price range.

I always make use of the VIP code though when I can. Also, is it just me or was the VIP code available for longer before, like a month? It's now half a month/15 days.. Tbh, that puts me off a little as I don't tend to buy big orders so close to eachother.

x X x wrote:

I have had that issue.. It was worse for me when I bought a lot in the winter sale (or was it before). Anyways they do make it a little weird with being refund an item when using codes. You lose out (kinda) when you especially get smaller items that you want to return. I usually just choose another but it's a little disappointing when things are limited in that price range.

I always make use of the VIP code though when I can. Also, is it just me or was the VIP code available for longer before, like a month? It's now half a month/15 days.. Tbh, that puts me off a little as I don't tend to buy big orders so close to eachother.

I think you lose out. I only bought it to top it up to £50 for the discount but now I'm considering sending the whole thing back, I wouldn't mind as much if I hadn't spent close to £250 in 2 months which counts for nothing when I've made smaller orders! I'd much prefer a 20% off rather than £10.

The annoying thing is that we've done nothing wrong. The product we received was not the product we purchased. We only bought the product to bump the order up and there's at least £25 we wouldn't have spent had we not bought the £5 item. We would have rejigged the whole order had we realised the item we bought was a different brand to the one we received as we purchased it relying on the brand quality.

Something needs sorting - either the code system needs altering, or it must be clearly stated what you are getting on the product page. This shouldn't have happened really and I now have to spend time figuring out what our best option is as clearly, something has gone wrong if the product was wrongly advertised.

Adx

Hi Guys

Th offer of '£10 off your next order' is meant in part as a little thank you for ordering with Lovehoney. As with all offers we make, issues will arise when people ask to return items which in effect then negate the offer!

I realise this can be a little frustrating at times, but we don't want to have to change our fantastic returns policy or limit the offers because of this. The problem we have is if we start making exceptions then everybody will start doing it and getting £10 off by the back door. Thin end of the wedge and all that..........

Thanks for your feedback about this-we will have to think this one over to see if we can make any improvements!!

As ever, I'm here to chat so call me any time on 0800 915 6635 and I will see what I can do for you!

Matt

Lovehoney Customer Care.

I can understand the backdoor concerns (ooo errr) and how an offer can be manipulated but I wanted to return an items for a very genuine and verifiable reason, the item dispatched wasn't the item described on the product page. My take is that it seems a little unfair for me to be penalised for an error occurring on the behalf of LH and the manufacturer.

I think the offer perhaps does need amending/clarifying, I'd rather not send the whole thing back but short of picking up something we don't want that's the only solution, not a great one for me since I want the rest or Lh since some will have to be binned. I assumed a proportional discount rather than the full £10 could be applied but given the limitations of the offer that appears not to be the case.

I do however appreciate the direct feedback but perhaps it's best I leave any more off the board since the phoning isn't really an option in a shared house. We just feel quite let down by it given we've spent a fair bit recently.

Thanks once again.

Hi

I hope you realise I can't really comment on individual cases publicly, but if you do want to email me at customercare@lovehoney.co.uk with all the details I'll happily look at this for you? I am sure we can sort something out for you!

Hope to hear from you soon?

Matt

Lovehoney Customer Care.

Lovehoney - Matt O wrote:

I realise this can be a little frustrating at times, but we don't want to have to change our fantastic returns policy or limit the offers because of this. The problem we have is if we start making exceptions then everybody will start doing it and getting £10 off by the back door. Thin end of the wedge and all that..........External Media

I absolutely understand. If it were an exception, I'd be perfectly happy with this reply. But it isn't. It's a mistake made by Lh that I'd like to see rectified. As WandA said, nothing more about it on the boards as it's unfair to Lh (with usually outstanding customer care) but I do want to see it resolved and WandA wasn't sure how to deal with the issue when he used the Lh chat and didn't get very far. Could I have your email address Matt so I can speak to you about it via email? I have to finish an assignment today but I'll be emailing later today (though I won't expect a reply until Monday now but that's fine External Media).

I really appreciate the reply and I do hope this can be resolved as I'd hate to have to return the whole order as some of it is now opened and would have to be thrown away, seems a shame over a silly little mistake!

Many thanks for your help.

Ad xx

Lovehoney - Matt O wrote:

Hi

I hope you realise I can't really comment on individual cases publicly, but if you do want to email me at customercare@lovehoney.co.uk with all the details I'll happily look at this for you? I am sure we can sort something out for you! External Media

Hope to hear from you soon?

Matt

Lovehoney Customer Care.

Ah beat me to it!

Many thanks Matt I'll be in touch as I mentioned External Media

Adxx

So, how long are these VIP codes valid? If it is only 15 days, it would be pointless for me since I am planning my next order for June (when a certain product I want would be available - although I wouldn't be able to use it then, since I would have given birth just about a month before that, but one should always think of the future, lol...).

It's just a question, though, it's not that important to me if there would be a code or not - I just want to know.

I think it's generally 14 days after the date of your order. The expiry date is printed clearly on the receipt.