bra's

hey everyone

how do u know if u need a new bra as in to go up another size? and do u go up a size in cup or back size?

for the last few months my bra's seem to be really uncomfy and i just cant wait to take them off.

if there a new bra's there ok for about a month and then they become unciomfy aswell, they all seem to really hurt me under my boobs.

im curentlya 40DD, and i havent been messured since i was about 14! i feel a bit to shy and embressed to go in and get messured in a shop.

so can anyone help?

thanks diamonds

Howdy diamonds, there are websites with measuring guidlines on the internet, which tell you how to do it at home, i tried the la senza one but didnt work, i'd go for the one on marks and spencer website.

Hope this helps x x x x x

oh thanks morbidia,

im off to find a website and a tape messure!

diamonds

bloody hell dont think i could have done that right! it says im a 42 FF

Do you wear an underwired bra cos they can hurt if not fitted right

if you go up a back size then you go down a cup size i think like going from 40dd to 42d

but i think marks are the best for measuring and you shouldnt be shy and dont buy cheap bras get the best you can afford cos there really is a difference especially if you are curvy

Try a few different sites, but when i did both mine and my moms on the marks and sparks site, ours were both right

x x x x

yeah, i went to both marks and la senza to be measured, both told me the same size, but the ones from la senza didnt fit me! lol

x x x

Why be embarrassed? I know its a personal area but bra shops see it all the time (not literally) and its what they are there for. I would go to a few places though as my wife once went to La Senza and was told she was a 34F and went to M&S on the same day to be told she was a 34C. Madness

sexelle wrote:

Do you wear an underwired bra cos they can hurt if not fitted right

if you go up a back size then you go down a cup size i think like going from 40dd to 42d

but i think marks are the best for measuring and you shouldnt be shy and dont buy cheap bras get the best you can afford cos there really is a difference especially if you are curvy

i wear both sexelle, there both uncomfy but there underwired ones more so

and im a good girl i dont buy cheap bra's i get them all from marks and sparks (well apart from the sexy undies)

Morbidia wrote:

Try a few different sites, but when i did both mine and my moms on the marks and sparks site, ours were both right

x x x x

ok i will have alook on marks and sparks website and if i still cant get it right then il have to be a grown up and go in there and get fitted External MediaExternal Media

diamonds

Diamonds, if i could, i'd come with you for support :)

x x x

ok re messured looked on m&s and i cant even find my messuremeants on there charts

under bust says on my tape messure 42

over bust it says 50

i keep meaning to get myself measured but can't seem to find the courage...

went on another website and that told me i was 46f thats a huuuuuge backsize, as im only a 40 in the bras i wear now

its no good, im gonna have to go in and get messured :( soooo dont want to i hate showing other people my body, even my bf (well him at first lol)

Diamonds I know it might seem embarrassing but the women in the shops do this all the time (especially Marks and Spencers) and it only takes them seconds to measure you up. Then you can go and try all the sexy bras. Don't suffer with all that discomfort.

im def gonna go and get fitted lilla k, its just im quite a shy person belive it or not lol.

i will go into marks and sparks asap tho as im finding it really uncomfy and painful and ur right its not worth it

diamondsxxx

Diamonds, when i went to marks and spencers, they didnt even ask me to take my top off, cause i was wearing a fitted one.

I'm sure you'll be fine either way x x x x

Yeah sorry honbut the only answer us to get measured. I did about a year ago and oh my god the difference it made!! Debenhams also do measuring my mate used to work there. Just go at a quiet time to get the best service. Good luck!

I'm trying very hard not to lower the tone with some cheap quips. *Tic-Tic Hnnnngghhh*

Seriously, the wife boobs had shot up & down loads this past 12 months whilst being pregnant, breast feeding & the like. A decent bra shouldn't be cheap, shell out for a good one that will work. Get measured at a coupe of places to make sure. Don't cut corners hun, you'll be sorry & out of pocket!

See, I CAN do it!

*applauds Mucky* congrats ^_^ hehehe

x x x

bravisiom also do a very good bra fitting service & they have some really nice underwear in a huge variety of sizes, I went in wearing a 36D & came out wearing a 34GG & boy did my OH notice the difference.

C1