Using toys in the bath - help needed!

I have quite a few waterproof toys but I've never tried using insertable toys in the bath because I'm paranoid about getting infections. Is it safe to use a toy in a bubble bath? I just assumed that getting water/bath oils/soap inside you could cause irritation and possibly things like thrush so I've never risked it.

Those of you who use rabbits and stuff in the bath, how do you get round this? All I can think of is trying to put it in before getting in the water or just having plain water in the bath which sounds boring and pointless. Any suggestions? Apologies in advance if I'm being a bit dim, I'm just very cautious when it comes to stuff like this!

Hey hun your already in bath .if bubbles and soap hasnt caused irritation on previous use then i doubt it will now as vagina is not a closed hole so your gona end up with some sort of water up there during bath.i love my bath toy. If your naterally wet you may not need lube though i find kneeling in bath lube up and use is better then no lube. So kneel ,lube inserr, lay down relax. If your still worried bout infections after use rinse your self with showerr head before you get out to get rid of lube and excesss soap

Hi Ruby, I think the same as you. I always worry about getting the bath oil/soap inside men as I have sensitive skin, so I just tend to use clitoral vibes in the bath. My favourite is the FSOG Holy Cow wand - which really is amazing btw :) xx

I put the vibe in whilst laying down then climb in. Very amusing to watch i would think! And i just have plain water in the bath anyway.

reason i do that is because years ago i read in one of those advice columns in a magazine that pushing water inside the vagina, either with a toy or having sex in water, can cause pain. Thats the reason i avoid it but also the water could cause an infection so i think its a sensible idea.

must add, be careful! Im waiting for the fsog vibe to come back in stock so i can send mine back for a replacement. On two occasions the bung has come loose itself and flooded the base of the toy. The toy still works but customer care advised me that long term it will damage the toy and ive already noticed an increase in volume since the last waterlogged occasion. 

Im thinking of getting a toy specifically for bath play thats completely submersible that charges magnetically or something like that so it wont happen again. I also own another waterproof vibe that i wouldnt trust the seal on so be careful!

I would never have even considered this before to be honest, but then I don't use my toys in the bath as its too echoey and everyone else in the house would hear!

You could just lift your hips out of the water to insert it, rather than putting it in before you get in the bath. Depends how deep your water is I suppose!

I love using toys in the bath and have never had any problems. i usually use glass dildos and this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13439 one regually i also use this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29338 and ive never had any problems. if I go into the bath with the intention of using toys i usually make sure i have use sensative bath products such as simple or sanex.

I don't use insertable toys in the bath as I think the same. Also it worries me all the water washing away natural lubricant and it being uncomfortable. I think I'll just wait till I'm on dry land.

Never know wrote:

I don't use insertable toys in the bath as I think the same. Also it worries me all the water washing away natural lubricant and it being uncomfortable. I think I'll just wait till I'm on dry land.

+1