Vaginal Tearing!!

Hi all,

I gave birth to our little one 2 years ago and had a really bad vaginal tear and needed several stitches they said it was 3rd degree!

Now even after this long I seem very tight and when we have intercourse I end up tearing again this also sometimes happens with foreplay aswell.

Any advice will be more than welcome.

I would go back to the doctor, and see if theres anything you can do to get it corrected. Or if you dont already using lube could help

X

Id go and see your gyne or gp.there is clearly a problem with the healing, however ive experienced some tearing due to 1.not being wet or turned on enough

2. I am tight as well

However ive found different positions, lubes and really warming up slowly really helps

Should it happen ive really found gently washing with femfresh and applying a bit of aloe or sudocrem can really help it heal

Not an expert, but the first thing that jumps to mind is you could have scar tissue? Scar tissue obviously doesn't stretch the way that area should, so you can end up tearing around the scar.

Definitely worth a trip to the doctor, I was told all about this and how common it was and how it could be dealt with but I've forgotten the exact details so I'll let them tell you haha :)

This hasn't happened to me, so all I can say is get yourself back to the doctor! That doesn't sound right at all - but unfortunately I've heard a lot of stories from women who say they've been sewed up incorrectly and it's causing them problems.

From what I understand there's a minor surgery they can do to open you up a bit more, but I'm not sure if this carries more risks of scarring etc which could cause further problems. It's worth chatting to your GP about, and seeing what your options are. If you're recurrently tearing because you're too tight, then it is something which needs sorting out as that carries an infection risk, and as I said may result in more scar tissue.

You could also look in to vaginal dilation kits, which come with various sized cones you use to gradually dilate yourself over a period of several weeks. You can sometimes get these on prescription as well.

Best of luck to you x

Boogaloo wrote:

You could also look in to vaginal dilation kits, which come with various sized cones you use to gradually dilate yourself over a period of several weeks. You can sometimes get these on prescription as well.

Best of luck to you x

Ive heard these can b very helpful n also apparently massage the skin between the vagina n the butt can improve its flexibility

My first was so massive that I tore badly and had lot's of stitches some internal ones too but they did a great job of repairing it and there were not problems.
It doesn't sound like you've been so lucky and what you're describing sounds like they've stitched you too tight.
I would say go back to the doctor, they can sometimes do a small op to loosen things up again but you shouldn't be suffering like this.

Wow thank you all so much for your quick response.

Just to clarify this still happens if I am really relaxed and extremely wet ;).

The bit that seems to tear is right at the bottom of my vagina on the skin bit between the vagina and bum as my hubby is able to see the tear so doesn't seem to be inside as such.

I feel really nervous and embarrassed to go to the gp about it as well as being extremely scared!!

Please, please, please go to the GP they really have seen it all before and you could be making it worse everytime it tears because of scar tissue. You can ask for a female gp when you make the appointment if that makes you feel more comfortable (Its what I do when my ladybits are concerned!) x

Echo32B wrote:

Please, please, please go to the GP they really have seen it all before and you could be making it worse everytime it tears because of scar tissue. You can ask for a female gp when you make the appointment if that makes you feel more comfortable (Its what I do when my ladybits are concerned!) x

+1 How about taking your parter along with you too?x

Go to your gp and have chat. I have this went they gave super advuce.theres two optipn i got given wich was dilation set (dildo looking tools that you use daily and increases over time, you can do this at home start with small non vibrating dildo and increase size over time, this is what nurse said i could do plus its fun with partner). Also surgery where they unfutunately recut to make mote scaring wich increases size of vagina. We done neither being sewn up wrong too. We used aloe vera lube wich is super soothing when hurts.and also (difficult method) starting with him inside but more flaccid or on semi so as he is grows it slowly stretchs you more. Lots of lube and foreplay and take it easy. Avoid positions where the penis rubs on the scaring or sore bits. For instance if yours more towards anal avoid cow girl facing him so face the other way(this is great as your in control) spooning or doggy is great to. I still missionary impossible :/....hope this helps but go to your gp

As the others have said, the best thing to do is have a chat with your Doc but it sounds to me like your tightness is due to scarring. Scarred skin is never as stretchy is it was before.

A few tips for helping to reduce scarring are:

1) Massage the area. If you can, massage the scar tissue between your finger and thumb regularly using circular motions to encourage blood flow to the area.  

2) Use Bio-Oil or another oil with a very high Vit E content. (Poundland do a cheap version that's just the same). Use the motion I've described above to massage the oil into the scar, letting it absorb fully. The more often you can do this, the better. It will help your body reabsorb scar tissue and reintroduce elasticity to the area.

3) Vibrations! Applying rumbly vibrations to scars is also a great way of encouraging your body to break down and reabsorb tough tissue. Using an external vibrator on the area regularly will certainly help (and feel pretty nice too ;) ) 

But to reiterate.... Visit your GP anyway! 

Wife had a lot of stitches with our first baby but all has been fine, ask for a female doc, but all have seen everything before so don't worry.

I had 32 stitches with my first daughter. They sewed me up really well but I have been very tight since although strangely I only needed 3 stitches with daughter number 2. I'd definitely see you GP, cant be comfortable and I dont see why you should have to put up with that at all - something needs to be done for you xx

This has not happened to me but as others have said please please go to the gp....
This is irrelevant but just a thought that maybe if i explain a.situation it may ease your trip to the gp....

i was with an idiot a few weeks ago and i was blindfolded and he used one of his toys .... i never got to see it until after and i was in so much pain... i mean im tight anyway and my body froze as soon as he forced it in... i mean it was as wide as a tin of baked beans.....
I was so worried and in pain i went to the gp and had an appointment and she looked thoroughly and just severe bruising inside and out thank goodness as i was bleading so i was worried about a tear... i was so panicked and stressed that never helped my health in general which is another reason going and seeking medical advice benefits yourself in every way possible....

I know it is totally irrelevant to you but just think i actually said the truth about what happened even though it was completely idiotic and i should have scrambled the words no at the time but they never laughed or passed judgement like i was worried would have ... so given yours is due to a medical issue from before they will only be the very best in helping you every step of the way...
I wish you all the best and i hope it gets sorted xx

Hey all, im opening this thread back up coz basically i have some scar tissue at the base of were my tearing was, I was wondering if anyone has any tips etc I coukd try to one prevent this happening again and two keep the scar tissue supple , thanks in advance :)