Vasectomy

I had the snip back in 1986 after my son was born. I thought it was the responsible thing to do as my ex-wife had used the Pill before and we discussed her going back on the pill or me getting the snip.
The GP tried to talk us out of the decision but we pushed ahead anyway.

I had opted for general anaesthetic and attended the out patients appointment. There was no mention of shaving at any point. The last thing I remember was being prepared for the op and then waking up in recovery when a nurse came over and lifted the sheets to examine the surgical site. I was later released home with a very snug surgical support and cotton wadding in place.

Unfortunately I had also picked up an infection which resulted in me passing out a couple of times including once in the toilet while having a pee! Our GP paid a visit to have a look and prescribed antibiotics, I was also in a fair bit of pain and off work for about a week. The dissolvable stitches didn’t fully and had to be picked out with tweezers, In hindsight, (what a wonderful tool), I should’ve let the ex go back on to the pill.