Period pain or something else?

Well normaly I would not be asking for tips on cramps and just tough it out a few days but this time is seems to be a bit diffrent.

I got my implant in a little over a year ago and have never had any pain up until this point but god almighty dose this hurt! I have never felt such pain in my stomch before. I can not eat or move and I have now had to take a second sick day. It has been so bad the past couple days that It keeps waking me up. To be honst when it first started I though my appendix were bursting.The strange thing is though, I have not actually had the period (any blood) yet,and I am about the thrid day in.

I was wondering if any of the ladies on the implant has had worse cramps than before or should I maybe check with the doctor? Also any tips on how to get rid of the pain would be amazing. :(

Hi hun, I've never had an implant so can't comment on it, but I did have really bad pain/cramps when I first went on the mini pill many years ago.

I think you should check with your docs just to be on the safe side, as to me anyway that much pain doesn't sound normal. X

I'd check with the Dr, as the pain is so bad x

Thank you, I think I will do that. To bad you don'tget theat home doctor anymore, or do you? x

Id check with your doctor unfortunately the imolant doesnt work for everyone its not been plain sailing for me either ... im now having to be on the pill as well due to bleeding... n yeah I sometimes get horrible belly n back ache but usually manageable with tablets x hope u feel better soon x

Please go and see your doctor! Any unusual pain like that needs to he checked out. Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks guys :) I will do but for the moment I think I will moan at my partner until I get a appointment. Do you with car sick tablets might help with the sick feeling? I really want to eat something nice. -_- xx

Pain like that isnt normal for the implant..if its not normal period cramps for you then you need to see someone. Some side effects differ from person to person but better to be safe than sorry!!
Hope it gets better soon !!

I don't know if it's normal or not TBH since it's unusual for you I'd get it checked out.

I never used to get pains until after my son, but now I get them and they're horrific. I spend the days lay on the sofa 'pregnancy breathing' through it - I can't move and constantly feel like I'm being punched from the inside of my stomach lol. It also gives me severe back pain too that makes me not want to stand up.

I got my implant june last year, had spotting the last 2 days for the first time and really bad cramps the past 3 days, but i had bad cramps with periods, so if it is unusual for you definitely get it checked out.

I had it for 4 years and never had this sort of problem. I would honestly go the the docs as it could be a number of things. Always best to be safe xx

As already stated you really need a doctor. That amount of pain could be an ovarian cyst bursting. Not to alarm you, it's not life threatening but it will still need seen to. The only thing i can suggest for the pain is the usual pain killers and hot water bottle. As F.A. Said the pregnancy panting! It sounds silly for period pains but it really can help. I don't often get bad cramps, but, on the odd occaision that I do get them I tend to focus on my breathing. I think it just distracts you more than anything but it does work.

Let us know how you get on x

Yay implants.
I had this. Nothing for six months, then all hell broke loose...
Go see your doctor, or have one come to you (you can still get a home visit if you phone out-of-hours), or just ring for a paramedic and say you think your appendix is bursting, because it's a legit reason.

If this is your first period-like thing since the implant, it's not going to be fun. Your womb lining may be a lot thicker and more developed and hurts more to shed, as well as your cervix being much tighter, so the contractions being very, very painful.

Get it checked out, and they'll probably chuck you on the mini pill to gt things in some sort of organized again.

Bless you.

Im on the implant and generally it's been good but my cramps have started getting worse. *sorry if I get tmi* but here's how my time on the implant has gone and the cramps have got a bit worse in the past few months.

Ive been on the implant for 2 and a half years. The first year was great, no pain, no periods, a little bit of weight gain but nothing major and of course me and the OH loved not having to worry about condoms! The second year I started to get more periods but they were not regular each month, maybe ever couple of momths but I bled for a day or so and not a lot at all. Unfortunately now I a, on the last year of the implant and I think all the blood I haven't bled out has gotten old and is making me a bit crampy and when I have lots of spotting with very dark blood. The pain is sometimes quite bad but doesn't sound half as bad as you are experiencing. I hope you have been able to get to the doctors and feel better soon.

I think im going to sticknwith the implant for the last six or so months as I'm feeling broody and if im not careful I'd end up pregnant at my wedding and my dress won't fit! I'd best wait.

Oh and for the pain, a nice warm bath and a shot of baileys to relax. And a candle. Mmmmmm