Wartenburg Pinwheel

Hey everyone, me again. You're probably all sick of me by now! haha.

This time I'm wondering about pinwheels. I love the idea of them but I'm looking for other opinions?

Have you used one?

What does it feel like?

How safe is it?

And any other useful info you can all think of.

Thanks everyone (:

Nymphomaniac? Where are you when we need you?

I like them. You must be careful with them, they are pretty sharp! A light stroke can be a lovely tickle though...or a scratch...right up to torture! Best to try it on your own skin so you know the pressure you're applying for your partner.
If you're fussy you might want to pay a big extra as mine isn't perfect uniform with the spikes, but it doesn't really affect its use.
They're nice to use on yourself to relax too I think. Xx

It'd be for use on me by my OH. He doesn't like pain but I do

It's all down to communication hun. Some areas of the body are way more sensitive to it than others. Oh and avoid using it around hair unless you like getting all knotted up! :)

We keep ours on the essentials box, dragging it lightly across the skin is great for tickling... but I've found that using the wheel makes make skin more alert and sensitive making each touch more intense. (I don't know if this is just me and my skin)

As maltedmilk said the teeth are a little Sharpe and can cause some pain, personally I don't find it too bad but my OH doesn't go digging it into my skin..

If your going to use it on your OH start of with a light touch and build up, my OH normally uses the pinwheel before any other tickler. My OH is very in tune with my body and facial expressions so he'll use that as a guide but as maltedmilk said talk to your OH when using it and trying it on yourself first might be a good idea so you can gauge just how lightly you need to press..

I bought a pinwheel on Gems advice - it's great :)
It has the same effect on me in terms of increasing sensitivity. Just let gravity do its job there's no need to press down unless you want to cause pain.
It's also good dragged sideways as this creates a scratchy feel again gravity only.

Great post. I'd been wondering about getting one as well :-) Good advice folks....thanks.

Ive got one and I have to say I dont find it too painful but perhaps we are just being kind to me and not pressing too hard. It increases sensitivity and I have even run it around my nipple area without going through the roof.

Like everything less is more and communication is everything until you both get used to how it feels. Try a blindfold now thats amazing with the pinwheel!

ShannonMarlene wrote:

This time I'm wondering about pinwheels. I love the idea of them but I'm looking for other opinions?

Have you used one?

What does it feel like?

How safe is it?

Thanks everyone (:

Hi Shannon,

We use a wheel for sensation play, and Mr Scorpius combines the prickle of the Wartenberg with the much softer touch of a flogger or his hand stroked over my skin. In addition, he blindfolds me so that I am unable to tell which implement I’ll be experiencing ahead of time. Needless to say, after being stroked with something very light and silky, the spikes of the Wartenberg wheel comes as a massive shock, despite the fact that I know it is going to be used on me.

Even though I knew from playing with it myself that Mr Scorpius would have to press relatively firmly to actually break the skin, it does feel like the spikes can do so at any moment - so you do have to be careful with this toy. On more tender areas – the crease between the buttocks, for example or nipples – and skin sensitised through impact play with a crop or flogger - the Wartenberg’s power increases exponentially.

I actually find it quite hard to articulate my feelings about this particular toy as the sensations it generates are so unique. It plays a head-game with you, because mentally, you register its sharpness as a significant threat. And that’s its appeal - it has teeth (literally) and requires you to have total trust in your partner. As always communication is essential.

I think the wheel is a really great D/s toy that I would say is a toy box essential for me. I like it a lot – but I’m also a bit scared of it too - lol – which of course just adds to the excitement :) xxx

Reading the above, I wonder if a very-free rotation of the wheel is paramount to provide a feel range of possibilities right down to lighter pressure.

Do they all work ok? Or does anyone recommend a particular make?

Alastor wrote:

Reading the above, I wonder if a very-free rotation of the wheel is paramount to provide a feel range of possibilities right down to lighter pressure.

Hey Alastor, I have 2 wheels including this one from LH:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27913

Yes - you are right - and the ones that I have do rotate very freely. Therefore they can be used with the lightest of pressure and still turn, or with a heavier pressure (such as on buttocks). You can also use them to push lightly in individual areas, without rolling them to give a different sensation.

Always be careful on bony areas though, such as collar bones - as they will tend to mark these areas :) xx

Thanks Scorp. I think that may have to go on the buy next list, but I am supposed to be on a purchasing embargo for a couple of months.

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Have you used one?

What does it feel like?

How safe is it?

Thanks everyone (:

Hey.

I have used a few. I started with the basic one sold bia LH, it's rather light weight, and isn't as intense as some, so it can be a great starting point. Although due to it being so light, it doesn't have as much control when compared to more expensive higher quality ones.

The sensations provided can vary from person to person as well as location used. I find that when used in my inner thighs I feel a light tingling, when used on tougher areas they can feel a bit more scratchy.

The cheaper one on here is only likely to gently mark the flesh. They aren't designed to be used with to firm pressure.

Other ones you can get which are more expensive and heavier, may mark more but it's still rare to piece the skin.

YTou can get ones with multiple wheels which can offer more stimulation during use, in ways I prefer these, however I would love a mutlple one with more space between the wheels as I love the tickling scratching sensation rubbed over my back.

You can also get ones with actual nail like spokes, they are a bit more intense, but again, unlike to break the skin easily - this is partly because the wheel would stop if it broke into flesh meaning you'd have to stop play. But is anything these have more of a visual impact, as they look way more frightening than they actually are.

I have tried an electro pinwheel but don't own one yet - however I really love the combination of sensations. It's hard to explain, but maybe I'll get one I can use more in the future.

Oh you can get plastic ones too, actually these can be more scratchy that the metal ones and don't run as smoothly.

They are pretty safe, just make sure to sterialise it during use and partners - I recommend having alachol gel to hand to wipe over the area of play too.

Don't forget you can heat and cool down the metal ones too for temp play.

Places people use them can be anywhere really. I even know people who lightly roll them over the penis glans and labia (of course you my have to be careful of pubic hair getting caught in the spindle).

Scorpius12 wrote:

Alastor wrote:

Yes - you are right - and the ones that I have do rotate very freely. Therefore they can be used with the lightest of pressure and still turn, or with a heavier pressure (such as on buttocks). You can also use them to push lightly in individual areas, without rolling them to give a different sensation.

Always be careful on bony areas though, such as collar bones - as they will tend to mark these areas :) xx

I have this one too. Although I'm full of praise for it I am struggling a little with tarnishing (rusting? ) from lubes/oils/other fluids.

I kinda want one but my hubby is a big clumsy lump. I can't let him massage me because he inflicts pain, so I would be too scared to give him one if these. I would end up in casualty

Sum Sub wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

Alastor wrote:

I have this one too. Although I'm full of praise for it I am struggling a little with tarnishing (rusting? ) from lubes/oils/other fluids.

Just sent you a message Hun :) xx

Someone got me the Fetish Fantasy deluxe wheel and I received it today.
Any idea on how to clean it?

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Carefully.

Sum Sub wrote:

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Carefully.
In all seriousness an old toothbrush. Then dry as thoroughly as you can.