Was this review helpful to you?

I think I'm in the correct section to post this.

I get a lot of downtime at work and I read alot of reviews, even on toys I'm not intrested in buying (incase I'm missing out on somrthing).

I notice we dont really use the 'Was this review helpful to you' button much and wonder why. I clicked one in error while scrolling this morning and I couldnt take my 'like' back.

Do you guys just read reviews and keep scrolling or not use the 'like' review for a reason?

I guess why I'm really asking is, I'm about to do my 10th odd review and I dont have a single 'this was helpful'. It might be my reviews but not one?! I feel bad ;P

I think a lot of people scroll through reviews quickly to find what they want to know and so miss the 'was this helpful' button. It's not terribly obvious. I click it when I remember to but quite often miss or forget it. I wouldn't worry about it :)

^ this. I think people just forget about it, I know I do unless I read something and particularly think, oh I hadn't thought of that or, that's the information I was looking for. I think particularly if something has a lot of reviews it's less likely that someone will bother with the like button unless the review really adds something new.

As stated above I think it’s just something a lot of people forget about, also a lot of customers tend to look at the forums and reviews and not get actually involved which is absolutely fine as it’s all advice and that’s what we’re here for, I think the worry of things being non discreet can scare some people who don’t realise it’s all private and will just show your username ☺️.

But it is a great feature and if you do see a review you enjoy reading or that’s well presented then press the button as it will help others! The great thing about this site and forum is we’re all kinda equal, we don’t have “likes” and “dislikes” as most social sites have and that’s kinda why this is such a calm and chilled haven for us all.

Oh k this makes sense, thanks.

I was just wondering about my profile and notice my last 4 reviews are still pending so I'm juming the gun a bit anyway :)

I click the like button if I find a review helpful, always have done since I first joined, especially lingerie where the reviewer gives good details of body shape, size, height etc.

I used to click that button often, but that was when I could stay logged in on my phone. Since they tightened security I'm usually not logged in unless I want to post on the forum or buy something, I don't bother going through the logging in process just to click the button. I think this probably puts other people off too, it's just more hassle than it used to be.

Another clicker here! I click if the review has helped me with important information such as sizing with lingerie items and details of noise levels and power for toys etc.

Jezebella - yes, this too, especially when on mobile, it's a pain.

I honestly forget, sorry guys!

Depending on the amount of reviews a product has, I read them all or most and / or go to the lower stars to find out why someone didn't like it so I am so wrapped up in reading the information that I forget that the button even exists!

I do think that it is a useful feature though and after popping on to this thread, I am going to make more of a conscious effort to use the button when I have found a review helpful.

I must admit that if a product has a lot of reviews i always forget to click the i found this helpful button. Now it's in my mind though i will remember to as people spend a lot of time writting reviews and if it is helpful it's good to be told so.

Worth noting, if an item has a lot of reviews your chances of getting your review noticed is significantly decreased. The best chance of getting the button ticked is to review some of your items that don’t have so many.

I try to click the helpful button for the reviews I find particularly useful, relevant to me, amusing, or well-written....

That said, for a while I stopped because I realised that you could click it more than once, even though you need to be signed in to click it. I do sometimes go back to certain products and reviews and I was worried I'd be falsely bumping the numbers. But then I figured that didn't really matter and if I found something useful twice it maybe deserved two clicks anyway! 👍

I always use it if I find a review really helpful. Sometimes i'll tick it if it's apparent the reviewer has really put a lot of effort into the review too. Shorter reviews I don't tend to as I don't find them that helpful, I sometimes wish there was a not helpful button but I know that would be abused.

Covered in bees wrote:

I try to click the helpful button for the reviews I find particularly useful, relevant to me, amusing, or well-written....

That said, for a while I stopped because I realised that you could click it more than once, even though you need to be signed in to click it. I do sometimes go back to certain products and reviews and I was worried I'd be falsely bumping the numbers. But then I figured that didn't really matter and if I found something useful twice it maybe deserved two clicks anyway! 👍

It only registers as 1 click from you regardless of how many times you actually click it, only the first one will count.

PT x