waxing

Hi all..I'm quite a hairy guy but wish i wasn't ..I spend a lot of time shaving my chest,stomach and lower regions which is ok,but it can result in shaving rash or sometimes an ingrowing hair..I was thinking of having a professional wax of the lower regions but imagine this could be rather painful..Any advice and tips would be most welcome.

I’m quite hairy myself but keep the nether regions well groomed so the OH does get a mouth full during oral. Haven’t tried waxing but have heard it’s not that painful as some would make it out to be.

Ive waxed a few times.I well remember the first time which was my back and I was all set for pain but it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.I then moved onto my "intimate"areas including my bum.Its a great feeling when its done and not at all painful.Im a pretty hairy guy but prefer to be smooth in my intimate areas and keep my chest trimmed.My OH likes it although she does draw the line at me waxing my chest which she loves me to leave au naturel.

My main tip would be go to soemwhere professional as they are well used to us blokes turning up as manscaping is big business these days.

As above. Professional places are good.. search for ones with good reviews and reputation. I had my neather regions done about june/July and it was really nice, I liked it alot lol. As for the pain, yeah it was uncomfortable when it happened, literally as soon as she said "that's me, put your clothes back on and I'll get you outside was fine. I had 1 tender bit which was due to a stubborn patch, whoch was at the base of my penis. But that's it. The pain was like being nipped, hurts for a seconds then doesn't...but you're getting like 40nips in a row 😂

Have never been done by a proffesional , imagine it would be same or better than home . The discomfort is so fleeting as to not rate as pain at least for me . We sugar wax and have bought an adjustable pot for maintaining temp. once made . You can look into that process on youtube . During the summer I have my wife trim my back hair down to under a quarter inch and I do the same for most of legs . Trim down chest stomach hair in a similar manner , though try and sculpt so it looks more natural . Can't beat the smooth feelings down below !

Just to echo what others have said, do your research and go to a recommended pro. Not all beauty therapists do intimate waxing, so something else to be mindful of if you want all the hair gone.

If you have never had a wax before, I would say assume it is going to hurt, then you might be pleasantly surprised! Some bits will hurt more than others (bizarrely enough for me it is the central strip at the front, as opposed to anywhere more delicate) but it does get better with repetition.

Best of luck.

Thank you all very much for your kind tips and advice..I will search for a local professional one and give it a go..I assume it lasts longer than shaving so should be worth it..I'll let you know how i get on when i have it done.

I’ve done a fair bit of waxing, it does hurt, it will cause problems with I grown hairs. None of which are insurmountable however, one downside to waxing is that you have to let the hair grow it in between treatments, meaning your not actually hairless all the time. You’ll get a few days very smooth and then couple weeks of light regrowth. For large areas of your body go to a pro, they will be quick and minimise the pain. Personally I prefer sugaring, it’s better on your skin and hurts less, also less hair breakage in my experience, which means less ingrown hairs. To remove hair from multiple areas a good pro will probably suggest using a couple different methods, strips work well for large areas where skin is reasonably tight, but not at all for genital areas for example. An alternative that can give similar results is depilatory creams, I use one called SoftSheen Magic Shaving Powder. You can burn your skin though so it’s not without risk.

thk u kinggrthy..its mainly the genital area i want waxing,but i could try a depilatory cream.

We have just done our waxing, my husband does me,then he has learnt to do himself, it takes about half an hour for us both. The more you do it the less hair grows back each time and the gap gets longer, I have been waxed for over 20 years and there is approx an 8/9 week gap between waxing sessions. I very occasionally get an ingrown hair which has to be released. You do feel a little tugging and it nips a bit but it is over so quickly.

@Penny, good points, by your third treatment hair regrowth is noticeably reduced and over a long period of time it reduces further and further. There is an interval period, less than every three week approximately that means the hair is pulled during its growth phase, damaging the follicle, done repeatedly these follicles will eventually stop producing hair. You can achieve permanent hair reduction with waxing this way. Exfoliation is important if you wax, can’t stress this enough.

Any exfoliant you would recommend?

I get waxed, like Gosig I find the middle bit the most sensitive along with the labia - as a woman, I find it varies pain wise, probably hormones. But it's worth it to me.

I've never tried a depilatory cream on the nether regions, and having read the highly amusing Amazon reviews of a well-known brand, I wouldn't dare!

As for exfoliant, the gloves are good. Normally I use whatever remnants of stuff I have bought that my daughter has not used up before I got to try it.

I went to a proper waxer in August Pretty painless if I'm honest. Sack is the sorest. But even that isn't sore. The worst bit was I got an erection a few times. The waxer was pretty cool about it. First one she laughed and said "I wondered how big it would get." That put me at ease in a simple humourous sentence. The second time she smiled and said it was like a yoyo. The times she was touching it and it went hard she apologised and said it's only to be expected.lol. She was really good about it so I was less embarrassed. I asked her if people normally get so many. She said its usually just one, maybe two, but she could I was nervous and so a couple more is only to be expected. It was slightly more than a "couple more." It happened 14 times in 40 mins.