What do you want for Christmas?

Apologies if this thread is already lurking about somewhere! I did have a look but I am useless at searching for things on forums.

I would like a whole new wardrobe. A coffee machine, lots of good quality cosmetics. A new hairdryer and some GHDS and a big crate of crafty bits and bobs. Some new perfume too; Flowerbomb, would be lovely.

So how about you?!

I just want all my family and my partner to be healthy, but sadly I know that's not gonna happen. :(

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I just want all my family and my partner to be healthy, but sadly I know that's not gonna happen. :(

Oh Lollipop. I don't know what is going on with your family and partner but *hugs* I hope you are OK x

I honestly don't want anything (not anything that can be unwrapped in front of the family, anyway ). Society dictates that I must unwrap a present though, so it will probably be some clothes. I asked for a goat from Oxfam one year (not for me, for someone that needed a goat) and this was frowned upon by some people as not being appropriate.

Actually that's inspired me. I want another goat.

Lollipop, I hope that they will at least be healthier

SJDx3 wrote:

Apologies if this thread is already lurking about somewhere! I did have a look but I am useless at searching for things on forums.

I would like a whole new wardrobe. A coffee machine, lots of good quality cosmetics. A new hairdryer and some GHDS and a big crate of crafty bits and bobs. Some new perfume too; Flowerbomb, would be lovely.

So how about you?!

I get more enjoyment out of giving presents to my wife than actually receiving gifts; I'm a nightmare to buy for too.

I've got her a coffee machine, a Flowerbomb gift set, some Ted Baker underwear, a Ted Baker dressing gown and some Kurt Geiger shoes. Big brownie points for me on Christmas morning!

For my oh to find a job! It's killing him being made redundant!

dh wrote:

SJDx3 wrote:

So how about you?!

I get more enjoyment out of giving presents to my wife than actually receiving gifts; I'm a nightmare to buy for too.

I've got her a coffee machine, a Flowerbomb gift set, some Ted Baker underwear, a Ted Baker dressing gown and some Kurt Geiger shoes. Big brownie points for me on Christmas morning!

Did I just read coffee machine and Flowerbomb? Lucky woman!

Yeah I really enjoy giving presents too, especially to my other half :) we have no money this year though so Christmas is a no no for us, we will make up for it next year though!

I want a day of peace just to be left alone for even a few hours would be blissful, best present ever,

StHubbins wrote:

I honestly don't want anything (not anything that can be unwrapped in front of the family, anyway ). Society dictates that I must unwrap a present though, so it will probably be some clothes. I asked for a goat from Oxfam one year (not for me, for someone that needed a goat) and this was frowned upon by some people as not being appropriate.

I liked the story from another one of these organisations about a Chinese geese shepherd, so I asked for geese. Family didn't like that either. The geese herder walked his flock through the countryside and they'd eat all the snails from farmers' fields, so it was organic pest control as well as an enterprising livelihood.

StHubbins wrote:

I have similar views to you StH.

My OH though insists I must want something, as for her it's about showing she cares for me through the devine medium of gift giving.

I just say a BJ will do

I always tell my mum I don't want anything. So she asks what I need - anything I need I buy myself whenever I need it so that doesn't exactly help. But I've never asked for an iPad or a phone or anything like that and honestly, I'm so tempted to ask for Lh vouchers this year because there is nothing I want. That will go over well.

I haven't asked for anything and don't want anything in particular, I will just get a few bits and bobs as I'll have to bring them back in my suitcase anyways. What's far more exciting is getting gifts for others!!! :D got ziplining vouchers for me and OH, and i'll get him a little NZ treasure when we are over there, getting my half sis a massage, my brother some dvds. unsure about the rest so far but cant wait to start xmas shopping tomorrow!!! and i wrote so many xmas cards! woo haha.

sorry got a bt off topic lol

I don't do Christmas, but if I did then absolutely nothing materialistic! I'd want my loved ones to be happy and healthy. Having them around me is just something money can't buy.

This has inspired me and I've changed my Christmas wishlist to anything from:

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-unwrapped

If anyone doesn't actually want/need anything for themselves, I'd recomend it. You feel great and it has to be more in the Christmas spirit than something from some massive American corporation that pays no tax.

I want a nymphomaniac girlfriend .

what i'd want for christmas no amount of money can buy it's all well and good saying i'd like clothes shoes jewellery etc. but they are no substitute for good health which i haven't been able to enjoy

I just want 2013 out of the way. Apart from my sex life (which has been brilliant), 2013 has been a total dud.

StHubbins wrote:

This has inspired me and I've changed my Christmas wishlist to anything from:

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-unwrapped

If anyone doesn't actually want/need anything for themselves, I'd recomend it. You feel great and it has to be more in the Christmas spirit than something from some massive American corporation that pays no tax.

Or about half way there anyway...

http://www.snouts-in-the-trough.com/archives/6022

I'm somewhat at a loss now. Does it mean that if someone gets me a goat, they don't actually supply the said goat, or is it that the buyer is overpaying? If the buyer is overpaying, then I'm OK with that, because I don't have another way to get the goat to the people.

Also David Craig, who runs the website, is anti-immigration, anti-Europe, pro-UKIP, anti-charities and a climate change denier. Climate change is a fact and the rest are against my beliefs. This is not to say that he's wrong about charities just because I don't agree with most of his blogs, but what is the best way for someone to buy something for me as a gift which is charitable? It can't be money for DEC because we already give to them (and they channel funds through charities that are also attacked by Mr Craig) and the kids want something tangible. We bought a goat works. We put money in an account that will help people in an unknown way doesn't work.

I'm not ranting. I genuinely want to know what the best thing to do is.