What is so great about sex toys/recommendations

Hi as the title says really what is great about them,I was thinking of getting some for us to spice up our sex life,I caught my wife looking at a recent lovehoney email,we have never experienced toys before so don't know what to get really I thought about a cock ring but don't know which one to get I suffer with premature ejaculation so would they help me last a bit longer and what about bullet vibes are they a good beginners toy.sorry it's a bit long winded just wanted to get an overall view.

well firstly you have come to the right place, secondly once you have decided what in general you are looking for eg categorie wise you can view the item watch a video on how it works etc and finally you can read countless reviews,,,, as for your PE problem you can get delaying creams and potions , condoms and cock rings do indeed help with stamina . as for bullet vibes im sure the ladies on the forum will vouch for help your other half reach orgasm quicker and easier and dependant on which one you choose more powerfully ,, good luck and happy shopping

I think they are great for a relationship, they've made mine and my partners sex life even more amazing.

And they are good if you have EP I think because if you've cum to fast and your wife wants more you can use a vibrator/Dildo on her, that's what my partner does to me. :) x

Hi there :) it's nice to see that you're wanting to experiment more with your wife. We were in a similar position as yourself less than 6 months ago and I can assure you, using sex toys has transformed our sex life, encouraged us to talk more about sex and be generally more open with each other. It's made a great change to our overall relationship/marriage, and we've never been happier!

I started off with getting us this little set
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22875
It's a great set for beginners because it has all the tools that you need for beginners sex toys. It includes a vibrating bullet that you can use for clitoral stimulation, it's also a versatile toy that you can use on each other for stimulating all parts of the body.
It includes a double stroker that your wife can use on you with a little bit of lubricant that is also included in the set. It's reversible too, so it's like two strokers in one which gives two different sensations.
It also comes with two disposable cock rings, which is great for an introduction to cock rings, they're not for everyone and as you stated you suffer with PE, so this would be a good start to see if you like cock rings, and if you do you can decide to purchase a different cock ring at a later date once you've got used to using one.
Included in lovehoney sex toy cleaner and a satin storage pouch to store your toys. Looking after your toys is an essential in my eyes, it keeps them safe from germs which is very important using in such sensitive areas. All of my toys are kept in individual storage pouches, as some toys that are stored touching each other can cause toys to melt, mainly silicone toys. It also ensures that your toys are free from dust and dirt and gives you peace of mind that they're safe for the next time you choose to use them. The sex toy cleaner is so easy to use and lasts a very very long time! You just squirt it on your toys and clean with warm water.

This pack transformed our sex life, and with a saving of £20, I really couldn't recommend it any more. It's fantastic.

There is another set that wasn't available when I purchased the one above, this one -
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28482

It comes with a better range of toys, and a beautiful gift box that you could present to your wife, or just use it for storing your toys. I have several gift boxes for storing our toys in. If that set had of been available at the time I would have rather had that one. But it depends on your price range also.

I hope that helps, and I hope you end up finding something that works for you both :)

I'm in the same situation, would really like to spice things up but don't know where to start. Not even sure how to bring up the subject with hubby. I worry a bit that he might get insulted and think that I think he's not enough for me any more?

Things are fine, but that's the problem, they are just fine. We have never discussed any kind of sex toy and wouldn't even be that adventurous in the bedroom. We are married 5 years and have 2 small kids. And advice?

A good starter set which is also great value is - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22875

This is also a great set to start out with - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28482

It's good to get a little set like this to discover what you both enjoy :)

As for PE my partner and I personally had a lot of success with this - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1533 xx

Crazy horse, what about starting with some lingerie? Make it all about him and see if he opens up to the idea. What about purchasing some strokers that you could just use on him, and maybe he'll start liking the idea of sex toys?

Other than that, I would suggest that you talk with him. Tell him it's nothing about him and that you just want to enhance things for him and use toys together. Maybe show him a link for one of the sex toy sets above?

We have very small children too, and sex toys are quite new to us and it all started out by talking about things. Communication is key.

MrsMcX, I have bought some lingerie, actually waiting on a LH delivery. Hoped it would be here today as we actually have the house to our selvs tonite. but no joy. I signed up for the LH catalogue so think I might wait till it arrives and get him to look at it with me?

Then again, with a few drinks in me later I might just have the courage to have a frank discussion with him! I just realised I sound a little sad, that i cant talk to my hubby about sex! But i have always been a bit shy. We get on great in all other aspects though.

I had a look at the starter sets that you put the links up for. Thay look great, just the thing im after.

I don't think that LH actually send out their catalogue anymore, I'm sure I read on the fourm somewhere.

Have you watched the show 'More Sex Please, We're British'? It's about behind the scenes at lovehoney and it really made me realise how normal sex is, and gave me more confidence to talk about it. It was on TV a couple of nights ago, next time it's on is Sunday morning at 1.35am, I know thats late but you could record it, or you can watch it on 4oD. You could say you were interested in watching it because of your order from here, or because a friend suggested it, or it was mentioned on the forum (if he knows you have a forum account).

There's always the possibility do bringing it up when you're drunk, but I think it would be best if you were sober. What about writing a letter? Say you're embarrassed to talk about it and mentioned when you placed your order you saw some things that would be fun. Maybe email him instead and send him a link to the packs you've seen or something with mutuality beneficial toys. I don't think he should feel inadequate, but if he does think that just tell him it's for you to try and please him more, because that's what you're ultimately doing, just trying to add something extra to your relationship.

I hope you're able to come up with something, I'm sure he'll be happy with the idea of it.

crazy horse wrote:

I'm in the same situation, would really like to spice things up but don't know where to start. Not even sure how to bring up the subject with hubby. I worry a bit that he might get insulted and think that I think he's not enough for me any more?

Things are fine, but that's the problem, they are just fine. We have never discussed any kind of sex toy and wouldn't even be that adventurous in the bedroom. We are married 5 years and have 2 small kids. And advice?

Hey Crazy Horse, about 10 years ago before myself and my wife were married we had an amazing sexlife (always have) but we were out with one of her sisters and their partner and the topic of sex toys came up... we didn't use any but they did and I could tell how interested my wife was just from looking at her... I reckon at some stage in the evening her sister must have shown her collection because the next morning she raised the subject and we decided we'd get a few.... she had a headstart after obviously seeing her sisters and her telling her pros and cons... anyway it wasn't a arkward situation and we both realised it was just to spice things up and something different from regular lovemaking......

What I would say is don't rush off and buy a 10" Dildo because it probably will make him uncomfortable.....

best thing is have a look at the site together and discuss what each other would feel comfortable with , ask if he'd like one for himself, personaly I rather using things on my wife, or watching her use them on herself, I did get a Fleshlight once... used it and lost interest fairly quickly.

A small bullet or vibrator is always a good start or maybe a small dildo.....

I think having a few drinks and a chat are a good idea... best of luck.

Iwish wrote:

Hi as the title says really what is great about them,I was thinking of getting some for us to spice up our sex life,I caught my wife looking at a recent lovehoney email,we have never experienced toys before so don't know what to get really I thought about a cock ring but don't know which one to get I suffer with premature ejaculation so would they help me last a bit longer and what about bullet vibes are they a good beginners toy.sorry it's a bit long winded just wanted to get an overall view.

I think a few others mentioned sprays a creams, all very good and can help slow things down... I'll be the first to say when we haven't had sex for a week I can hardly go as long as normal so I'd give a quick spray of the Doc Johnson, does make you last for hours but just a bit longer, and if I do go too early Iwould usually go back with a dildo for the wife until I've had a bit of recovery.

Yes bullet vibes are a great beginners or the Lovehoney 6" Dildo or the Colours Pleasure 5.5" are a good starter, (my wife has and loves both). It will really depend on what your OH is interested in and maybe what she thinks she'll like won't actually work.... it can sometimes be a bit trial and error at the start but as time goes on you'll prbably experiment a bit more...... As I always say, the best thing is TALK to your partner... best of luck mate

Well I have taken the plunge and ordered a bullet vibe and a cock ring,looking forward to postie arriving.

Enjoy :)

Ok, so last night we had a chat. I basically told him that our sex life is good, but let's make it great. I suggested dressing up for him and asked what he would like, he said he's not sure what?! I then suggested getting a vibrator and he said if I want I can?! I asked him if he wanted to have a look at the LH site and he just shrugged.

I did mention it in passing this morning again, just said that I ment what I said last nite and I hope that he won't forget about our chat. anyway, I think I'll just let it sit for a few days and see if he brings it up again.

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was a real help and Iwish, hope you and your wife have great fun with your new toys!

Thanks crazy horse I hope we have fun too and it leads to more exciting times,glad you had a chat,why don't you surprise him and buy some lingerie or a dress up outfit if he is like me a nurse outfit will go down a treat maybe my wife will get one if the toys are a success.i am sure when he sees you in your outfit or lingerie there will be no holding back good luck.

Well our toys arrived yesterday can't wait until the weekend to try them out.

Iwish wrote:

Well our toys arrived yesterday can't wait until the weekend to try them out.

Good luck!

I took your lead and ordered http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16699 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14798

Due for delivery today and if that goes well I'd love to get http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27273

Let me know how it goes.

Maybe you should order some toys for you to use on your Oh, or toys you can use together so he's more open to the idea?

Yea, I think so. I'll see how we get on with the cock ring. I'm being a bit selfish with the set but the price is sooo good and I think he would be more open to using toys on me than anything else.

And recommendations for together toys MrsMcX?

The tenga eggs are amazing!!

http://search.lovehoney.co.uk/search?w=Tenga+eggs&view=grid

It says on use only, but if you clean then with sex toy cleaner and have them stored correctly then you'll get quite a few uses out of them.

This is also really good too, it feels super soft, almost like jelly!
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22080

Use with a little bit of lubricant, and he'll love it. It's so much fun to use. It's reversible too, so it's like two toys in one. There's also a little hole on the top that you can cover with your finger to create suction which is great with the sensations the stroker provides. It went down very well for us :)