What massage oil to use with silicone toy?

I bought a lovely scuptural Fifty Shades clitoral stimulator ages ago - now discontinued so can't post a link but it was a petal / shell shape. I didn't find the vibes powerful enough but it would be lovely to use as a more general massager for both of us.

Does anyone know if the silicone would be ok with a massage oil (we've got the Coco de Mer one) or with the wax from massage candles? We've used both with a glass wand but I'm not sure what to use with silicone... using a water-based lube on non-intimate areas is sticky rather than romantic!

Thanks.

No it is not compatible. You need a water based massage lubricant. We have https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30599 which is water based and is suitable to use with silicone. It's a bit sickly taste wise so don't go lapping up to much. If you want to feel the warming sensation blow (air) 😁

Thanks for the suggestion, K&c30's - I haven't seen this before. Looks good, and warming would be ideal. We've got the Sliquid Cherry lube so I'll check if that is ok too - it is water-based and we like it for oral, just hadn't thought of using it for wider massage.https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22111

Pop your bottle of Sliquid into a tub of hot water and boom warm massage lotion. Worth a try! It will save you some pennies , and even the product I linked I would advise a quick shower after as it can get a bit sticky after a while.

Oil should be perfectly fine with silicone toys, it's just silicone lube that's not compatible because the silicone lube breaks down the surface of the toy.

Never had a problem with massage oil on a toy and have used silicone parts INSIDE motorcycle engines (slight tangent but if the materials weren't compatible that's a place you'd find out!) with no issues.

Hi MrsR

Oil and silicone are perfectly safe to use together :)

We don't recommend oil for internal use, but external use with silicone toys is absolutely fine.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Hi MrsR

Oil and silicone are perfectly safe to use together :)

We don't recommend oil for internal use, but external use with silicone toys is absolutely fine.

Enjoy!

Ahhh bugger. I have been avoiding massage oil after being told differently on live chat, I was then pointed to the product linked in my reply above. Doesn't really matter now, but at least I now have more options. Thanks for the post Jess.
1 Like

Thanks everyone! Good to have options...