PU coated toys and lube

Can anyone tell me, is PU plastic coating on battery operated toys ok to use with sillicone lube? I've got a good Tracey Cox classic vibrator with this coating rather than silicone...

Yes! Silicone lube is safe to use with PU coated toys ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Lovehoney - Brenna wrote:

Yes! Silicone lube is safe to use with PU coated toys ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Thank you!

But remember to never use silicone lube with your silicone toys! :) Only oil and water-based lubes are suitable for silicone toys.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

But remember to never use silicone lube with your silicone toys! :) Only oil and water-based lubes are suitable for silicone toys.

Stupid question of the week - any kind of oil? I have some Tracey Cox massage oil that I'm terrified of using when I'm playing with silicone toys!

Thanks.

VR wrote:

Stupid question of the week - any kind of oil? I have some Tracey Cox massage oil that I'm terrified of using when I'm playing with silicone toys!

Thanks.

I believe so. I have a swan hedgehog looking silicone massager that I purposely brought a water based massage lubricant for and since finding out massage oil is all good we have used multiple oils and all is ok.

VR wrote:

Thanks.

Oil is fine on silicone. Should be avoided on latex condoms though, I think.

Not a stupid question at all!

Any oil that's safe for your body is safe for silicone toys.

Just remember though, that oils should only be used internally occasionally (external use is absolutely fine though!)

My favourite oil for the occasional internal play is coconut oil :)

defam wrote:

VR wrote:

Thanks.

Oil is fine on silicone. Should be avoided on latex condoms though, I think.

And absolutely - oil should be kept well away from anything containing latex, as it degrades it.

(Silicone and water-based lubes are both fine with latex)