Whats your hobbies?

Was thining about starting a thread like this yeaterday and someone has beaten me to it a long time ago!

For me I like looking at maps of london (that's what I am studying at the moment anyway!)... aside from that...

Summer I am mostly found cycling, playing volleyball or enjoying the sunshine at naturist clubs with friends and doing yoga/going to the gym.

Winter I am mostly meeting friends in a pub or love having a catch up with uni mates - hiring a cottage somewhere with a fire and a jacuzzi - shame my uni mates arent naturists. Also play volleyball in the winter.

Aside from that I enjoy reading and being online too and most importantly family time with my nieces

BladeRunner wrote:

Motor biking (both classic bikes and sportsbikes - incredible fun) , shooting, archery, art, culture and unusual events. Independent cinema, cooking, camping and great restaurants.

Just started learning to fly with glider lessons - I want to move onto a Private pilot's license for single engined aircraft in a year or so.

Another archer here!

i would say thats my only hobby but i think its enough to keep me occupied!

Sculpting, writing, playing the guitar and piano, painting, photography... Some of them turned out to be profitable over the years, and the others (like playing my instruments) I do just for the pure enjoyment and relaxation. I also sing at the choir. If I could choose only one to do for the rest of my life, I couldn't decide!

Reading, writing short stories, gaming (both video and tabletop). Mountain biking and recently got into breeding snakes.

Gaming, reading, yoga, archery (though I'm out of practise - my bow is sad), crafty stuff, baking, watching netflix in bed!

Raider Mistress wrote:

Gaming, reading, yoga, archery (though I'm out of practise - my bow is sad), crafty stuff, baking, watching netflix in bed!

I always get excited when someone on a forum mentions archery, because outside of archery ive never met anyone else who has done it!

Does las vegas count as a hobby? Ive had a bit of an obsession with it for a few years. I try and watch any films/shows set or filmed there, collect canvas prints and other bits and bobs vegassy, and generally reading about it online, even things that wouldnt usually interest me such as the mob past.

Playing Cricket at a high standard, following Ipswich at football. Listening to old radio comedies, astronomy.

Reading and Listening to podcasts about Aliens, UFO's and conspiracy theories but I keep this quiet as 80% of people don't believe and think its weird.

Reading (about 5,000 books under my belt already, my no.1 hobby), listening to audiobooks and music, watching movies and some TV series - I am particularly interested in the ways authors, directors and other people present various social phenomena and historical events to people, this goes hand in hand with my interest in political propaganda in popular culture), subtle humour, writing somewhat bizzare short stories, word play, languages (both ancient and modern), poetry, history (history of diplomacy, military history, history of medicine, changing nature of everyday lives throughout centuries, history of crime), geography, old maps, travelling, different cultures, religious studies, psychology, Christian theology, going to art galleries and museums, Western calligraphy, drawing (but I am incredibly bad at it, lol), photography, driving, gadgets, strategy comp games, board games, brain-teasers, sudoku, crosswords, jigsaw puzzles, astronomy, geology, crafts, baking, medieval and modern weapons, shooting, cycling, hiking, long walks in bad weather, fitness, cross-country skiing, sleeping and being a bit dull, lol. I suppose lonely people are likely to have lots of (semi-)solitary hobbies...

I like:-

Motor Sport (but not keen on F1), Rugby, Reading, Writing erotic stories (only for my own amusement), Pulling (no, not that type of pulling but rowing a boat or gig), Endurance walking, oh and spending time with the family.

Mainly horse riding. But also (and I know it sounds daft!!) 🐀 my pet rats!

Edit: oh and reading! Love reading

Mr: Snowboarding (more of an obsession), Rugby, Reading and I quite like gardening too...sadly.

Mrs: Netball, Snowboarding, Reading

Running and fitness

butterflybee wrote:

Mainly horse riding. But also (and I know it sounds daft!!) 🐀 my pet rats!

Edit: oh and reading! Love reading

I horse ride and have pet rats too not ofen i meet people do the same :)

my hobbies are gym, cycling, rock climing ,shooting, archary, marlial arts, sailing, photography and preety any thing and every thing to stop me being in front of a screen

Sewing/stitching/general crafts, painting miniature models, playing games (tabletop, card, dice and video), singing, baking, going to geeky conventions... :)

Sex, all art especially painting and drawing (I'm doing a Visual Arts Practice degree), knitting, sewing, fashion, reading (mostly fantasy), writing, watching movies and TV, I love anything with magic or sci-fi in, and rom-coms lol! I also enjoy reading about and practicing paganism but never thought of that as a hobby before, but I suppose it is! I also love anything to do with fairies, and Irish mythology, oh and Egyptology. Gardening, collecting things, I like playing board and card games, as well as some video games. Baking, walking in the countryside, maths and science, dancing, and listening to music. And thats about it...

If I'm not writing, I'm reading. If I have nothing to read I can be found filling my head with fantasy or super hero movies as well as the odd tear jerker. I'm fascinated with witches, ghosts, fairies and vampires so a vast part of my book collection is based on those topics. I collect dragon figurines so I love a good hunt around craft fairs, antique fairs and boot sales to add to my collection. I've also got a massive interest in quilting and even though I suck at it, I still give it a shot.

Ice skating, serious car HiFi, DIY(mostly when I have too, though) fixing things like the car, not a lot really, wife's really into card making!

Competitive video gaming, airsoft guns/air rifle target shooting, formula one, watching sports, horror films, and my one redeeming girly factor, baking desserts.

Oh, i have a thing about documentaries and the like on serial killers, i used to be glued to the crime investigation network til we had to downgrade our tv package when cutting the budget :(