When is it the best time to?

Hellooo ^_^

I've written a few posts before about my 'non-relationship relationship' and here I am again on another ramble looking for some words of wisdom from everyone here!

Lately I've been feeling the urge to say 'I love you' and get it out there but I'm not quite sure how it'll go down, I've felt love for him since the day one but recently I've wanted to say it which wasn't the case when I was with my ex, he said it after 5 months and it frightened me and I'm not one to say it willingly.

I'm worried if I say it he'll end what we have just now, (back story, sorry for going on about this again, best friends waited 2 years before telling each other how we felt, have been dating exclusively for 2 years now but no label, I've met his family, stayed at his family home, hoping to go up for new year). He is very affectionate and has told me not to worry about anything as I'm the only person he wants but I'm afraid to tell him how I feel 100%, he knows I think the world of him, I've said 'oh I'd love you even more if you' and he's never been freaked by it but I feel saying 'I love you' is a big step, especially as we don't have a label or made us official. Any opinions? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Am I putting too much pressure on myself and thinking the worst? x

Ahck. Life is short - either you'll say it and it'll go places and yay or you'll say it and it won't go places in which case the relationship probably gonna end at some point anyway.

Great advice from Sub as always. Life is short. I was on the opposite end of the scale with my now husband. We met for the first time officially (we were at school together, rode the sane bus and never spoke)and had our first date the following day. That date that was intended to be a one night stand lasted a whole weekend. By the end of the weekend he told me he loved me. For some it was super quick but it felt right. That was over 10 years ago.

MissNoir wrote:

Hellooo ^_^

I've written a few posts before about my 'non-relationship relationship' and here I am again on another ramble looking for some words of wisdom from everyone here!

Lately I've been feeling the urge to say 'I love you' and get it out there but I'm not quite sure how it'll go down, I've felt love for him since the day one but recently I've wanted to say it which wasn't the case when I was with my ex, he said it after 5 months and it frightened me and I'm not one to say it willingly.

I'm worried if I say it he'll end what we have just now, (back story, sorry for going on about this again, best friends waited 2 years before telling each other how we felt, have been dating exclusively for 2 years now but no label, I've met his family, stayed at his family home, hoping to go up for new year). He is very affectionate and has told me not to worry about anything as I'm the only person he wants but I'm afraid to tell him how I feel 100%, he knows I think the world of him, I've said 'oh I'd love you even more if you' and he's never been freaked by it but I feel saying 'I love you' is a big step, especially as we don't have a label or made us official. Any opinions? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Am I putting too much pressure on myself and thinking the worst? x

As you hinted at in your post, I love/hate you are two sides of the same coin. For some people it comes naturally to say I love you but for others it forces them to confront emotions they may not be comfortable with. You should observe your OH around others and work out how they express themselves to family and friends before taking that step yourself. If all is going well in your relationship do not be in a hurry to make changes, take pleasure in what you have.

hmm, i definitely agree that life is short.. try not to think too much into it maybe, be brave if theres a moment that you feel it just say it... if it happens it will be fine. I cant remember how soon i said it to my OH it kinda just popped out one day on skype i think, but i definitely felt it sooner, didnt want the first time id said it to be online but i felt it , and that was that!

If you feel it then you should say it.if you continue to worry about what the reaction might be you will drive yourself crazy.it seems as though you both know how you feel towards each other,embrace it and enjoy saying it xxx

Thanks everyone! You're all right, life is short, I defo think I'm putting too much pressure on it, it does feel natural so next time I feel the need to say, I'm just going to let it out ^_^ x