Where's my stuff? Anyone else having delivery problems?

I have found out that ordering "next day" on a Friday is not a good idea. It is actually next working day, so may well not appear until Monday.

Whereas first class is usually next day anyway.

A little niggle of mine brought about by a special something not appearing when hoped.

Scarlot wrote:

I was asked to test something but its never arrived :s im a bit confused, shoud email now actually! x

you should have after few days if it does not come. if you got confirmation it was sent, then looks like something went wrong

him'n'her wrote:

I have found out that ordering "next day" on a Friday is not a good idea. It is actually next working day, so may well not appear until Monday.

A little niggle of mine brought about by a special something not appearing when hoped.

I ordered something on Friday and got in on Saturday with the free delivery. Not sure how it will go this time. I have an order going to my UK home, but I am out until the beginning of next week.

him'n'her wrote:

Hi there, if the order is placed before 4pm with Special Delivery it should be delivered the next working. With Special Delivery parcels sent on a Friday we use Guaranteed Saturday Delivery (those little yellow 'SG' stickers you see on your parcels sometimes) so parcels should arrive by 1pm on Saturday and not Monday.

However, if you live in remote parts of the UK Royal Mail states 2 or 3 days for delivery with Special Delivery (see Royal Mail's Special Delivery FAQs for affected postcodes).

I ordered my first toy on the 23rd at 6pm under a mad online shopping spree, I got the dispatched email yesterday at 5pm and I was kind of hoping I would get it delivered today while I'm home alone!
The postman ha already been and it isn't here :'( my dilemma is that I'm workin tomorrow from 10am so my mum is going to be at home so she will given tr package if it's delivered! I really dont want her to know I've bought anything :s what do I do!?

Anything I have ordered recently has not arrived the next day like it used to, more like at a point where I have decided to call customer service if it hadnt arrived that day :( The royal mail changes are not a good thing and I no longer expect anything to be delivered next day unless I pay for the privalage, but then even that doesnt seem certain!!!

Newbie2995 wrote:

AI ordered my first toy on the 23rd at 6pm under a mad online shopping spree, I got the dispatched email yesterday at 5pm and I was kind of hoping I would get it delivered today while I'm home alone! The postman ha already been and it isn't here :'( my dilemma is that I'm workin tomorrow from 10am so my mum is going to be at home so she will given tr package if it's delivered! I really dont want her to know I've bought anything :s what do I do!?

Just tell her it's something else. A game or something (if you play video games) or a DVD. If she probes further (lol...) then just show her a slightly older one you have.

Thanks for the advice guys! It was delivered yesterday to my mum and I was out D: gahh, but she text me saying something has come in the post and I just replied ok thanks. Later when she asked me what it was I just said a present for my friend whose birthday is soon, she accepted it and didn't ask any questions which is unusual for her so I'm pretty sure she knew what it was lol!! But she didn't seemed angry or anything so it's all cool, now I'm away from home but can't wait to get back on Monday and try it out! EEK

Thanks for the advice guys! It was delivered yesterday to my mum and I was out D: gahh, but she text me saying something has come in the post and I just replied ok thanks. Later when she asked me what it was I just said a present for my friend whose birthday is soon, she accepted it and didn't ask any questions which is unusual for her so I'm pretty sure she knew what it was lol!! But she didn't seemed angry or anything so it's all cool, now I'm away from home but can't wait to get back on Monday and try it out! EEK

The only way she'd guess from the packaging is if she's ordered from LH herself....

Haha exactly what I thought! So if she has I doubt she'd mind so much anyway :P