White Tattoo

ive had the swalows done on my chest in uv ink ... that was ... god .. umm ten 11 years ago now ?? and the uv pink has faded to a horrid salmony colour . the pigment in them then wasnt great for lasting effect though they still partially glow under uv , in non uv light they look shite :(

Awesome! I have to say they do look impressive when done correctly. I'd be keen to know if anyone here has had a white tattoo for more than 10 years and what it looks like now. I suppose as it would be white, any aging would be less noticable so you could always have it touched up every few years. And it would be really easy to cover if you ever did decide to go for something different.

I think white could be a great idea for anyone who wanted to trial a tattoo on their hands / neck, but as I said, I wonder how it would fade / age in the sun.

If you get a white tattoo, I'd love to see a pic! :) Do you have a design in mind for it?

Hi Smokeyj, I did have it done in the uk though the artist I had has moved and I'm not sure where to. It seems like you are researching the best artist to go to very well, it's always good to see any past work they have undertaken.

I have never heard to them being referred to as gothic scars either but often when people catch a glimpse of mine, a scar is the first thing they assume - until they have a closer look! I also considered UV as an option but wasn't too keen on having the type of chemicals involved under my skin.