who is your best friend and why

this is one for the girls as well as the blokes (just cos I'm a bloke pls dont think its just about male bfs)

what is it about your bf that puts them a cut above your other friends.

ps first off topic thread ive started here so be gentle

just to clarify, not looking for their actual name or anything lol

Apart from my wife, my mother, other friends or people I know are after 27 yrs of working abroad mostly people I know are rivals for the next job. Have a good mate who is in Mulheim I helped him through a complete breakdown cos his dad used to be my boss and was a gent, theres another guy here who is into bikes and stuff, apart from that its a plethora of barmaids.

My best friends are the two who have stuck with me through my illness.

rose hip wrote:

my friends are the ones who helped me in hard times.....its such a short list its actually a blank piece of paper

gunther wrote:

rose hip wrote:

my friends are the ones who helped me in hard times.....its such a short list its actually a blank piece of paper

Interesting gunther Im interested in why people form their friendships, mostly because I tend to form so few.

I work in a job where we generally work alone, everyone is after everyone elses job..Ive always been a bit solitary any way.

Only 3 people ever helped me get a job and 2 are now no longer with us, in my youth I raced motorcycles which is a strange friendship indeed

gunther wrote:

I work in a job where we generally work alone, everyone is after everyone elses job..Ive always been a bit solitary any way

When it comes to blokes, the blokes I know are either too wet to be a someone I'd want as a friend or if not as you say they're a rival.

I have a lot of friends here but it is strange, when the contract is finished I am gone but that said there are people I have known here for 20 yrs, strange to have better friends in Germany and France and China than I do in England, many I will never meet again

Ork wrote:

I have few friends, those I do befirend I never truly trust... humans are not something I can ever trust, bit like a dog really they can for no reason suddenly turn on you at any time, I have very little faith in people but those I do eventutally become best friends with never truly understand me any way lol.

One of the most sincere posts I've seen in a long while.

Aside from my partner, I don't have a "best" friend. But I have friends who rank pretty highly on my list - some of whom are new friends, some are old. The ones that I'm closest to are those who show that they care about me. Be it asking how I am when I'm popping a few more painkillers than normal, or offering me a coffee. Be it supporting me through a rough time or being there when I have the best time.

The friend I go back to time and time again and never fall out with is simply someone who I can talk to. About anything. We have a lot in common but we don't share interests/hobbies. We never run out of things to talk about and align on the important things.

And the same goes for my fiance - we're best friends because we always have something to talk about and agree with one another on the important things. We might not have the same taste in music or even the same interests when it comes to some of the big stuff (he hates talking science on the micro level) but we support each other and we complement one another and it just works.

At the root of it - communication seems to always be key to me (verbal or otherwise).

Adx

to be honest most of my friends are from here, when I became single I had little to no friends and I've had some truely amazing people from LH pick me up and shake me down and give me lots of lovely attention and affection. Without wishing to single out too many people, from the top of my head Kohaku, Yummy mummy91, Ork, Shifty Blue, Blue Sapphire, Lovable_Rogue, Lady.Gasm.X, cheer_up, fluffbags (my soul mate in so many respects <3), KinkyFuckery, PurringTiger, PinkPolkaDot, Goodgirl93 (she took me to a barndance, need I say more) have been so instrumental in bringing me back from the brink and making me feel like a normal person again, I only wish I could express to you all just how important you have been to me and how much I value and treasure your friendship, you are all 210% amazing and I wouldn't trade you for anything and I love you all. My bestiest friend is dotdashdot who has been my absolute rock, has restored my faith in women, has been there and listened to me throughout everything, trusted me enough to come to me in times of her need, accompanied me to my first iMax film :D cooked me pizza and just been everything a guy could wish for in a (platonic) girl friend.

I think the Big Bang Theory marathon deserves a mention! :) TT is my much loved bestie. I know that he's always there for me and that I can tell him absolutely anything (even if it's TMI!) he's put up with my moaning about boy troubles and given me the most amazing advice and support. He's just one of those people who always knows exactly what to say!

Honestly, just the best friend ever. Love you Cooper x

dotdashdot wrote:

I think the Big Bang Theory marathon deserves a mention! :) TT is my much loved bestie. I know that he's always there for me and that I can tell him absolutely anything (even if it's TMI!) he's put up with my moaning about boy troubles and given me the most amazing advice and support. He's just one of those people who always knows exactly what to say!

Honestly, just the best friend ever. Love you Cooper x

Ahhhhhhhhhhh my god seriously I so very nearly put Wheels aka dotdashdot ahaha!! s'why I love you! it does indeed deserve a mention :D best friend ever too lovely.xx

I have 2 FAB girlfriends dont have many male mates x

My best friends are the people who make me laugh. I tend to get on with guys better than I do with girls, so most of the solid friends I've made since secondary school are blokes, but I'm still incredibly close with a few girls from back home, and they're the ones I know I can always turn to.

The guy I'm currently kind of not really but actually am seeing is a guy I met in my first year of uni, who quickly became my absolute rock throughout everything - he saw me make some extremely stupid mistakes, and he decided to love me anyway. He was the only person who noticed when I didn't leave my room for a week, and he was the one who pulled me back from the place I was in. And then he's continued to do that again and again over the past two years. I know I can trust him, and I can tell him anything. The main bit is still that he makes me laugh like hell, though.

I dont have a `best friend' but I guess my husband is my soulmate and I confide in him more than anyone else for obvious reasons and we have such laughs. Then its my sisters and my daughter. I have work colleagues whom I would class as very good friends but wouldnt be able to talk about everything with them.

I have made friends online not just from this site and I have several male friends whom I have known for years who live abroad.

But as I have mentioned before my `real, true friends' exist in my life whom I have a close bond with i.e my lovely family.

I couldnt imagine life without them.

I couldn't live without my sister or my husband they are my rock.

Asside from that I have a bessie mate called Tim who is my, mate, my drinking buddy and like the big brother I never had. We can moan about our OH'sto eachother when they're driving us mad but also our OH's are good friends with each other too, and we often all go out together.

In all honesy, it is my hubby to be.

We've been best friends for over 10 years, and we've been together for 9. He's been there for me through so much, and I him.

He can read me, read my moods. He knows me, trusts me, loves me completely. What more could you ask from a best friend?

I have a best friend who I got to know on here. We started with some batter on the forum and then used chat when it was available.

We would chat about everything and anything but mainly about everyday stuff and discovered that we had a lot in common.

Because we live over 100 miles apart we can be objective in our chats because we are removed from each other's daily lives. We have only know each other for six months but it feels like we have been friends for ever.

We now communicate using email and BBM and the occasional telephone call.

So I have a best friend who I have never met, which sounds crazy I know, our relationship is probably best described as being like brother sister.

Both our OHs know about our friendship, I am not sure they understand it though.