Why dont bbws wear bikinis

Its simple confidence for me I'm a size 22/24 and after having my children and struggling to lose the extra weight after a round of steroids I find it really uncomfortable knowing people are looking and judging me for being 'fat' with out knowing the facts

PP, I spent years getting my parents to drag my ass out of my wheelchair for a pic! Nobody ever got why it mattered to me (it doesn't now) but your comment had me like YES! SOMEONE GETS IT! Haha.

As for the original post - I'm a size 6-8, got manly legs (I have ehlers-danlos syndrome so awful stretch marks and keloid surgery scars) and sometimes can feel the glares of people staring. It's not always weight, it's confidence. It's having the ability to say 'I really don't care if you're staring at me, I'm comfy in myself so I'll keep on wearing my bikini.' People are very judgemental.

I think it totally depends on every individuals body confidence and how they see themselves - some people find it easy to say "If you can't look at me in a bikini, then don't" but other ladies find it difficult.

However thin women do wear bikinis and get nasty comments too, which is really really mean. Women everywhere are so concerned about other peoples opinions that they are too scared to wear what they want. I say damn everyone and if you want to wear a bikini, wear one, no matter what your size! It's your body, your choice!

Also, check out this youtube channel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8waXaHK0lVI Loey is so inspirational and beautiful and explains the problems with bbw and bikinis perfectly!

Well said,

You should love them as who they are not what they are.

Jam

Most of the BBW women in magazines etc are in proportion most BBW women are not like that and I always feel self concious of my tummy if I wear a bikini, also I tend to feel like my breasts are going to fall out.

I fall in the middle on this whole silly size discussion but I just wanted to encourage everyone to find the things about themselves and your body that you do love and can be confident about.

I personally do not wear a full on 2 piece bathing suit except in my own yard / around immediate family due to damange to my abdomen by babies.

But I do love the 2 piece bikinis with the longer tops, especially halters where I can featured my cleavage. I would say that the swimsuit manufacturers seems to be designing swimwear better to understand all women are different shapes and sizes.

I appreciate the sentimate of the original poster as encourage that there are men who appreciate different body types in a bikini.

MysticalM - your post is really brillant and spot on.

1 Like

I fall in the middle on this whole silly size discussion but I just wanted to encourage everyone to find the things about themselves and your body that you do love and can be confident about.

I personally do not wear a full on 2 piece bathing suit except in my own yard / around immediate family due to damange to my abdomen by babies.

But I do love the 2 piece bikinis with the longer tops, especially halters where I can featured my cleavage. I would say that the swimsuit manufacturers seems to be designing swimwear better to understand all women are different shapes and sizes.

I appreciate the sentimate of the original poster as encourage that there are men who appreciate different body types in a bikini.

MysticalM - your post is really brillant and spot on.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

So many wrongs on this thread.

1. Why categorise larger ladies? I feel the branding of BBW is rather derogatory if I'm honest. Lose the B at the beginning and we are all one together. BW BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. Large or small, we love them all.

2. The comment about skinny women. I want to shout fuck off at that comment. I'm a size 8 and find that comment offensive. Not once do I look at a larger lady in disgust, so no, you shouldn't look at a skinny women the same way skinny women look at larger women, that is wrong wrong wrong. I have body issues, I have loose skin, stretch marks and I'm bony around my arms and shoulders. I hate my body. I don't wear bikinis.

3. Women of all sizes should be together. Not sneered at by men. Who cares what size we are? Who cares what our boobs look like? Who cares if we've got scar-ridden bodies? WE DO AND WE SHOULD NOT CARE. We are conscious of our bodies because of men like you calling us things, categorising us, labelling us. we should not be told what to wear, we wear what we want to wear. So what if we don't wear bikinis. Fuck doing what society wants. If I'm thinking of wearing a jumper in summer, that's my choice, so there.

Ladies, you are all beautiful in your own individual way.

Amen!

We are lucky the north Norfolk coast is only an hour and about away. Miles upon miles of open sandy beach with nobody in site. I can wear a bikini and nobody would ever notice. One bit is even clothing optional.

As much as I would love to be able to pull off a bikini there is no way in hell I ever would!! Being a plus size lady my confidence in myself isn't very good. I feel if I can't bare to look at myself why on earth would the whole world want too lol.

Credit to all the beautiful big ladies that do have the confidence to show of their body. I wish I could be one of them.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

So many wrongs on this thread.

1. Why categorise larger ladies? I feel the branding of BBW is rather derogatory if I'm honest. Lose the B at the beginning and we are all one together. BW BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. Large or small, we love them all.

2. The comment about skinny women. I want to shout fuck off at that comment. I'm a size 8 and find that comment offensive. Not once do I look at a larger lady in disgust, so no, you shouldn't look at a skinny women the same way skinny women look at larger women, that is wrong wrong wrong. I have body issues, I have loose skin, stretch marks and I'm bony around my arms and shoulders. I hate my body. I don't wear bikinis.

3. Women of all sizes should be together. Not sneered at by men. Who cares what size we are? Who cares what our boobs look like? Who cares if we've got scar-ridden bodies? WE DO AND WE SHOULD NOT CARE. We are conscious of our bodies because of men like you calling us things, categorising us, labelling us. we should not be told what to wear, we wear what we want to wear. So what if we don't wear bikinis. Fuck doing what society wants. If I'm thinking of wearing a jumper in summer, that's my choice, so there.

Ladies, you are all beautiful in your own individual way.

also, change the W for a P, BP beautiful people. no one should be judged for how they look, men or women. think about how women talk about men and in fact how women talk about women!

2 Likes

Cuddlekins do you have diabetic belly? Me too.. :-(

There is nothing on earth that would get me in a bikini..I'm an 18 now, was a 26 at my biggest (not that there's anything wrong with that) but a lot of my confidence went with the weight..

I think everyone should wear whatever they like! People who judge others and give that look are the disgusting ones. Personally I love seeing bigger women wear bikinis and 1 peice bathing suites. It shows that they are confident in their own body and thatā€™s such a big turn on!! Personally Iā€™d rather look at a big gger girl then a skinny girl.
Skinny girls look hot in clothes. Bigger girls look hot naked!!
You do you and the gnor everyone else!!

1 Like

I HAVE to wear a bikini as I have a long body and one piece costumes just arenā€™t long enough. I have to pay alot of money for my bikinis as I have to buy the 2 pieces as separates and the tops come in my bra size. (They do up to a K cup.)

Although I am a BBW I am more confident in a well fitting bikini (though very expensive) than a costume thatā€™s not long enough and not supportive enough in the bust area.

3 Likes

Why do you make such a generalisation?

I am biased because I LOVE everything to do with a one piece :smile: but Iā€™ll still look twice when my BBW wears a bikini :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thinks itā€™s more to do with the individual as I know thereā€™s plenty of girls out there that donā€™t feel comfortable in bikinis no matter what their size is.

1 Like