Why hasn't there been any LH rendez-vous!?

After reading the 'What is your fantasy?' thread... it got me thinking.

How come no LH members have taken the plunge and met up with one another. It would probably be the safest kind of way to meet on the internet, as the members are known on here by other members and not only that, but there details are all with LoveHoney so it would minimise the risk of any weirdos!

We're all horny, consenting, sexual people and have the means to see what each other look like through pictures, videos etc.

I'm going to start another thread where people can honestly state whether they would like to meet other members, and if anything happens from there then it should be very fun for the people involved and very interesting for the rest of us!

This thread can be used to dicuss the topic! Should be interesting! x

i'm thinking it might be fun but obviously there are some precautions you have to take

for example not meeting in private for the first couple of times ect. as were all sensible adults. i suppose Lovehoney can't take any resposnibility for people meeting up

I don't think there'd be a place that would be prepared to let this many randy people all meet up at once...the word "orgy* springs to mind ;-).

Strapon! wrote:

How come no LH members have taken the plunge and met up with one another.

Um, they have, at the Erotica show in London...

Yeah I agree, it's obviously totally independent of LoveHoney. I jus think in reality....I dont think anyone would do anything controversial as it would not be very sensible seeing as the police investigation would be as easy as contacting LoveHoney.

I obviously don't mean that it's foolproof in any way, but would act as a huge deterrent! Never the less, it would still be for us as adults to take all the necessary precations in order to minimise risk, which is inevitable when meeting someone! x

Lubyanka wrote:

Strapon! wrote:

How come no LH members have taken the plunge and met up with one another.

Um, they have, at the Erotica show in London...

I mean in a more private and intimate fashion!

Lubyanka.... there's some outrageous flirting on here between people...and it'd be one hell of a coincidence to find each other on a random dating site!

I'm just putting the idea out there....I'm not even looking to benefit myself!

There are already plenty of dating sites on the internet. I really like that these forums are different. I'd be harassed to within an inch of my tolerance if this were like the other dating sites.

So, I prefer these forums as they are, thank you. :)

I'm sure if people are attracted to each other here, they can address whatever privately, no?

Ding ding, end of round 1

I wouldn't have thought it's that easy to be honest! Also, there's always the fear of suggesting something not knowing the other persons stance on the matter.

If people were to willingly specify whether they were interested in meeting or not, then only the people who felt the same way would approach them about the possibilty....therefore avoiding any potential harassment!

I'd hope that people would respect other peoples wishes anyway...it's such a good natured forum, that I think people would be mature enough to handle this. I could be wrong though! x

fine and dandy wrote:

Ding ding, end of round 1

Now Now! No stirring!

i wrote 'At your door...' about this very thing...
It floats my boat!!

xxx

At your door!? Huh?! I'm confused! x

If you're not looking to benefit yourself, what's your interest in this? I mean, is it that you'd like to see publicly on the forums more of what might have been previously only going on privately?

Voyeur, much? ;)

i think what ludbyanka means not to do it publicly. if people want to meet each other from the forums its fine, but most e-mail each other and talk on msn as it is, and can organise it from there. with the forum if you put out that your willing to meet you can hardly be selective . i do understand it is a slipery slope if we do open it up like that.

some of the people on here i would meet with - but in a pureley non sexual way, as some seem to have a great personality and sense of humour

Besides, at least part of the joy of flirting outrageously is the knowledge that one is safe from having it taken any further than one wants. So the flirting is more likely to be more extreme than might otherwise happen, because people know it's safe to do so.

sweetlove666, precisely. :)

Very true Lubyanka. I guess, if people want to jump on this they can...if they don't want to then that's fine too!

That's what this thread was all about though....discussion!

Also, my interest would be the entertainment value of it all I think! It would be so fun to hear about what people have got up to! x

At the door is in the books forum

It's cool as long as us not interested don't get harassed. Seriously thru my email for the photos blog I get a bit of that and it drives me nuts coz I'm not interested!! I think those interested willcertainly manage it!! ;)