Why it hurts

This may sound totally stupid but hey ho! I've had anal couple of times before (very very pleasurable) but latley when I've tried it it hurts like mad, using same lubes, toys, even poppers but its like I'm a butt virgin any suggestions ??

You could try using more lube and maybe initially relaxing yourself with some anal foreplay, use a butt plug and a reasonable flexible vibrator, all to get you relaxed.

Anal is great, I enjoy it but the OH has to be very relaxed and lubed up before accepting me.

Hi Katpod!

I'd like to offer my thoughts.

Firstly, are you relaxing yourself enough before hand? I know you say you've had pleasurable experiences before hand (and so have I) but I always must make sure I am totally relaxed before hand.

Also, when you say you've had anal a few times, is that with the same partner or different? Because naturally, different cock/toy sizes will have a different effect on the area (the larger the penis/toy) the more pressure you place on the sphincter and anal muscles.

Have you also perhaps maybe, during sex or when using toys, perhaps just been a bit too rough? It's very sensitive down there and if you are too rough, you can cause all sorts of problems.

If you are really concerned about it, and really have no idea what's caused it, then I would recommend speaking to your DR or maybe even someone at a sexual health clinic just to rule out anything more serious.

Hope that helps :)

I used to have great anal until I met my boyfriend. Is it a different partner? Ie different size, my oh has a much bigger penis than other guys I have had anal with. Which may not even be the problem directly, but because I know it's bigger I find it so hard to relax! Xx

Spend sometime working with butt plugs, gradually get bigger till ur up to a plug a bit bigger than your OH, when you have anal use that plug just before, thats how my OH did it and now we have great no pain anal, can be quite rough with it also now!

I would suggest the same as yes man. If you now have a problem use smaller toys to.open youself up and help you relax then move onto anal for real. If the problem continues it would be worthwhile getting yourself checked out. Also use loads of lube or maybe try one specifically made for anal which may last that bit longer.