Wish I could move to the UK....

Why you ask?

Because I got all excited about the Lux Sex Swing offer when you buy 70 pounds worth of Bondage Boutique, and then discovered that it doesn't ship to Australia.

the saddest of all faces.

The worst part was that I was so excited about all of my new bondage gear, I bought it anyway, in two orders so that I could avoid spending $70 in one transaction.

But summer's on it's way Kasey

Ew. Summer.

![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif) <<< is the colour I am when the sun hits...

You and I will do a swap. I'll live down under, while you come and live here. Deal? ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

I'm also jealous of those in the UK! So many online shops don't deliver outside the UK or won't deliver certain items! Luckily my boyfriend is moving there and I will join him once I've finished college (June) ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I don't understand why people want to live in the uk. Its not like were an advanced country.

Our broadband its one of the slowest in europe even so called poor countries have faster more improved Internet than us.

Only thing we have is benefits which will soon be scrapped or harder to get.

What is the big attraction of the uk ? Seriously I'm nopt being negative I'm just intrested as to why people think it's so great here.

Better weather and online shopping ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

On a more serious note, jobs. Thats why my boyfriend has to move, we don't have any jobs in Ireland.

Whenever I've been the internet's been just as good as here. Don't know about benefits, but ours are pretty good too. Definitely not a reason to move there. Though your health system seems to be working a lot better than ours!

I don't want to live there long term (want to come back to Ireland when we have children) and probably wouldn't choose it if my boyfriend didn't get this job, just pointing out that you do have things we don't!

I asked the question of an Italian friend once. Her response was "you don't know how lucky you are here with the weather, at least it doesn't kill you"... I always took a different view of gentle rain after that :-)

frisk69 wrote:

I asked the question of an Italian friend once. Her response was "you don't know how lucky you are here with the weather, at least it doesn't kill you"... I always took a different view of gentle rain after that :-)

Haha! Well, England has fantastic weather in comparison to Ireland ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) But it is also not too hot, just perfect. Obviously some other parts of the UK aren't so lucky with their weather...

The weather kills loads of people in this country year on year. Or that could possibly be due to extortionate gas/elec prices

Having only moved to England from Ireland a few months ago I can't understand what the English have been moaning about when it comes to weather. It's been dry and sunny here since I moved in June. Back home my friends are getting rain most days.
Ireland's weather sucks but I would definitely rather live in oz than England lol

Wait until it rains from October to February. Plus August was a washout. Oh and wait until your energy bills come in in winter.

And Irish Internet is crappy too!!

I visit England a lot because all of my relatives live there, and have stayed with my grandparents for 3 months or so at a time (yes, I've been there between October and February) and I love the weather. In summer its sunny and in winter it snows. Here we just have rain and wind, all year round. Yes, England gets storms and sometimes has awful weather, but in general it really is a lot better than Ireland. I also find England cheaper, but have never paid electricity there so can't comment on that. My grandparents collect enough power with their solar panels that they sell some of it back to the electricity company though ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Yeah, there are bad things about the UK too, but there are bad things about every country

Try living near the Pennines. If you don't spend a fortune on gas you will most certainly get hyperthermia. Although last year was mild. Think we only had a handful of frosty mornings. Yeah it was busy raining every day. I like seasonal weather but ours now seems to be melding into just mild, dull and wet. Global cooling warming.

England isn't the funnest place to be right now lol, I've always wanted to go and move to Canada. The people here (specifically in my town) are eh.

@blondevixon: you haven't seen anything sadly enough. There was a time last year where it rained here every day for about a month and a half, no exaggerations.

Every country has its good and bad things, but having left the UK for NZ almost five years ago I know where I would rather be! I might miss things like marmite and Percy pigs but it's a fair trade for decent weather and a fantastic lifestyle.... And I've just got to accept that my LH orders cost that little bit more now....

I can swing back and forth from each camp - sometimes I hate the UK, other times I think I am very lucky to live here and there could be worse places to live... But I've never lived anywhere except England so eh... I'm not sure whether I love or loathe this country haha. I sit on the fence :)

I am actually likely going to try to move back in UK in about a year or so. I will look into positions in my company. I really do not like living in CZ right now. Lot of things cannot be ordered into hear, movies are often only offered in dabing to CZ, which annoys me as I know them in English and prefer them in English.

And the cost of food is ridiculous and the quality very very bad ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) Its so bad that shopping for food in Germany is often cheaper than buying it in Czech Republic...

So definitely will move.

Laveila wrote:

I am actually likely going to try to move back in UK in about a year or so. I will look into positions in my company. I really do not like living in CZ right now. Lot of things cannot be ordered into hear, movies are often only offered in dabing to CZ, which annoys me as I know them in English and prefer them in English.

And the cost of food is ridiculous and the quality very very bad ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) Its so bad that shopping for food in Germany is often cheaper than buying it in Czech Republic...

So definitely will move.

Ah, movies, I don't like to watch those that have been dubbed, either, and errors some translators tend to make tend to be both amusing and annoying, hardly any of them can, sadly enough, figure out how to translate stuff like "a condition" properly, and mistaking "heart" for "hearth" or "helm" for "helmet" is something that happens all the time.

I have never seen the food cost issue as a huge problem, though, cheap food does indeed often tend to be pretty horrible, but one can get reasonably priced stuff that isn't exactly bad over here, too. (And prices in the UK and in Ireland aren't exactly low when it comes to food, well, at least in my experience.)

I don't think I could move to the UK - I would definitely do so if I were a good doctor, or a software expert or something of that sort, yes, there are many things I love about the UK, after all (not the property prices, lol, but access to wonderful English-language libraries and cetain academic possibilities attract me a lot), but I doubt that - as someone who dabbles in teaching, proofreading, theology and clerical work and who has a Master's degree in international relations and is likely to have another one in theology in just under three years - I would be particularly welcome there; and I am not talking just about Mr. Farage and people like him. I do, obviously, have a somewhat funny accent - not a one that would be typical for Slavic people, just a unique and somewhat indeterminate one - and I rather doubt any real British people would like to hear something that must sound a tad amusing to them on a regular basis, particularly not in any institution where one can expect lots of talking and lecturing, for example in school.

I therefore suppose that I am stuck here, despite the fact that there are at least two major issues that make the UK seem much "better suited" for people like myself; the first thing is that in the Czech Republic hardly anyone (well, I suppose some boorish, hardly literate oaf who wants a woman to clean his house and cook his meals and who doesn't mind he spends all his money on beer would possibly have me but I would never want anyone of this sort) wants a girl who is not slim (I went down from size 26 to 14-16 and I am still referred to as a hippo), while in the UK this doesn't seem to be such an issue - on the other hand, if I think in a more realistic way, few British guys would want an overweight foreigner, I guess, which means I might not get lucky over there, either. The second issue is the fact that in the UK, a single woman can ask for the artificial donor insemination while over here, only couples can apply; I might never find a man who would care for me; yes, it sounds harsh and kind of pessimistic, but it is quite possible - I am twenty-seven and I've never even had a date, after all. While I am not one of those women who want to stay at home most of the time, caring for a big family, I would really want to have one baby of my own, someone I could dedicate most of my "free" time to, someone I could love, someone I could read to, someone I could try to raise to be a responsible, open-minded person - to in other words, someone who could be my future. If I don't manage to find an actual partner, I would never be able to emotionally cope with looking for some dubious one-night stands, hoping I would end up pregnant, the possibility of the DI is the only one I could live with in the case I end up partnerless. And I can't get that in the Czech Republic - I would like to be a mum when I am, say, 32-34 years old, which means there may be about five years left, yet I seriously doubt that the law that forbids single women from applying for the DI will get changed in that time. Loads of European countries don't allow this kind of the DI, either, I can't speak Dutch, the USA is a way too far away - the UK seems the only sensible choice. And yes, I appreciate this reason may sound like a very unusual one...