Women who don't shave

Are there any other women in here that don't get rid of their body hair?

I have fair skin and thick, black body hair. I've always shaved, waxed etc because ''men expected my skin to be as smooth as a baby's''. A couple of months ago I've had enough. I never felt it was worth all the time, effort, discomfort, pain and money - so I stopped removing my body hair!

I love my armpit hair, admire my leg hair and like playing with my pubic hair (it's fun!) I would trim the latter if any of my partners really wanted me to, but this hasn't come up so far.

So, I'm wondering... if you're a woman that rocks the natural style overall - how does that make you feel? What reactions have you gotten and how did you respond to them? =)

1 Like

I haven't removed my body hair for about 3 years now (except for my face). It makes me feel a lot better than fighting a never ending (expensive and painful) battle with my own body to make it hairless. I have a hormonal disorder meaning I have "male pattern" body hair. I get some funny looks when I've got my legs out in summer, but mostly people don't care cause it's non of their business. My sexual partners don't mind at all. To be honest the most negativity I feel is usually from people on the internet who feel like it's worth letting me know that body hair "isn't for them" or can't be sexy, or worse, that they think it is disgusting, on threads like this one. It's never very helpful to feel the need to tell people you're not in to something they are celebrating / wanting to chat about imo. Glad you're feeling positive. :)

I do shave. Legs, pits and bits. However that is my preference and everyone should be free to choose to remove hair or not. The media play a large part in many women thinking that have to conform. I can't imagine judging another women for choosing to keep their natural hair.

I do remove my body hair (wish I had the confidence in my own skin that you ladies have), but I swear to holy heck there is precious little more erotic to me than a photo of a beautiful brunette with hairy pits.

I do epilate pits and legs because I feel better without. I don’t shave bits all the time it’s so uncomfortable growing it back. Good on you... hope there isn’t going to be any hair shaming on here. We should be empowering women not shaming.

Life is about doing what makes you happy. If not shaving is making you happy, keep going!

Gosig wrote:

I swear to holy heck there is precious little more erotic to me than a photo of a beautiful brunette with hairy pits.

Sorry to intrude on a lovely female empowerment thread. Just want to say, I agree!

Overall, I don't really have much preference either way about female body hair - but hairy armpits can certainly be very sexy.

🙋‍♀️ I don't shave. I get seriously bad infections from ingrown hair and nothing stops it. I am also fair (Scottish fair, pretty much ghostly white with a tinge of neon pink!)and have dark body hair. I am happy, it took a while though. I don't gave the confidence to go out with my legs out as when I say it's long I mean it's long. Proper fluffy! My husband isnt bothered, he prefers smooth but it's my body not his. I HAD a friend who said it was disgusting, glad shes not about now!

I'm so happy to see all this positivity in this post! ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

As Mrs.John wrote, I too think the media plays a big role - as well as society (people's opinions or reactions). I still feel way sexier without body hair, but I feel that's just because I've been conditioned to. I'm working on changing that!

Jezebella - Sorry to hear about those people online making negative comments on your appearance. I've posted pics in 2 groups where I knew they would be received well, and also posted them in my profile. My fb friends were positive about it, but I kept getting '':O'' reactions from random strangers, so I made the post visible to friends only.

RosyCheek - I love that you say it's your body, not his.. and that you had that friend! ;)

I'd also like to add that this is in no way meant to shame or belittle those who remove their body hair, or prefer that their partner does so. Different strokes for different folks! The only thing that matters is that both you and your partner(s) are happy. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Jezebella wrote:

I haven't removed my body hair for about 3 years now (except for my face). It makes me feel a lot better than fighting a never ending (expensive and painful) battle with my own body to make it hairless.

Same here. I'd like not to remove the hair on my face but, from my experience, it's the place that gets the most judgement and I don't want to deal with that ATM.

I guess I am kinda lucky (feels weird to say) because I can always remember my thick body hair. I genuinely remember my primary school friends commenting on it. So, I had the hair before I was aware of people's opinions on it which meant by the time I got to the awkward body shaming age hairiness was old news.

Smultron wrote:

Are there any other women in here that don't get rid of their body hair?

I have fair skin and thick, black body hair. I've always shaved, waxed etc because ''men expected my skin to be as smooth as a baby's''. A couple of months ago I've had enough. I never felt it was worth all the time, effort, discomfort, pain and money - so I stopped removing my body hair!

I love my armpit hair, admire my leg hair and like playing with my pubic hair (it's fun!) I would trim the latter if any of my partners really wanted me to, but this hasn't come up so far.

So, I'm wondering... if you're a woman that rocks the natural style overall - how does that make you feel? What reactions have you gotten and how did you respond to them? =)

I dont know about other guys. I find natural girls are very sexy. Armpit hair of women a big turn on for me. I would say do whatever you feel like, feel the taste of freedom !! x

I have a bit of an armpit fetish, i love either smooth or hairy!

So good to read these comments. This week I shaved legs, pits and most of bits for the first time in a year, ready for the summer. It felt nice at first but I'm already regretting it. My skin is irritated, and I hate the stubbly, itchy regrowth which starts within a few days. I much prefer my armpits with soft hair rather than deodoranty stubble. The upkeep every day or two just makes me sore.

So, I'm thinking I might be brave enough to go natural, even when it isn't winter. My body hair is blonde and not very noticeable. My husband likes it but I've had negative comments from other family members in the past who seem to think they know his thoughts on the matter better than I do!

I'm comfortably just trimming around my bikini line with scissors so that sexy knickers look good, but otherwise I think I'm done with it all - again!

What an awesome post! Personally I shave my armpit hair but it's just something that I feel I need to do. Legs only if I have them out - which is rare and don't shave down below. I trim now and again but again it's just a personal preference. My mum has POS so has always been a bit hairier and growing up wasn't body shy so hairier ladies are the norm to me. I also have VERY thick dark hair which grows like no ones business. I think the most important thing is to be happy in your own skin and if that's being natural - then you go for it!

MsR wrote:

So good to read these comments. This week I shaved legs, pits and most of bits for the first time in a year, ready for the summer. It felt nice at first but I'm already regretting it. My skin is irritated, and I hate the stubbly, itchy regrowth which starts within a few days. I much prefer my armpits with soft hair rather than deodoranty stubble. The upkeep every day or two just makes me sore.

So, I'm thinking I might be brave enough to go natural, even when it isn't winter. My body hair is blonde and not very noticeable. My husband likes it but I've had negative comments from other family members in the past who seem to think they know his thoughts on the matter better than I do!

I'm comfortably just trimming around my bikini line with scissors so that sexy knickers look good, but otherwise I think I'm done with it all - again!

I know you said you were contemplating going au natural and that's an awesome choice but just incase you decide to persevere I did notice that you mention, sore and dryness and itching and I just had to recommend this for you :

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921

or the kit version

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031

It is a life saver for itchy growing back hair or post shaving soreness. You honestly will wonder why you've not had this forever once you try it. It really is brilliant stuff. I have very sensitive skin and this works an absolute treat to stop any of that happening.

PT x

@PurringTiger - thanks for the recommendations. I have other stuff which is similar but it is always good to know what is out there.

I shave everything nearly all my partners have been very insistant. Last one before would even consider discussing us insisted on knowing I not just shaved but close shaved right through and including making sure nothing at the back near my bum hole. I was horrified I try to but my skins so sensitive and I end up with ingrown hairs no matter what I do, he never cared for my discomfort. It never went anywhere cos as you can guess he was selfish lol but I am growing pubic back now but going to trim. I have a trimmer, going to keep it short just.

Toria12 wrote:

I shave everything nearly all my partners have been very insistant. Last one before would even consider discussing us insisted on knowing I not just shaved but close shaved right through and including making sure nothing at the back near my bum hole. I was horrified I try to but my skins so sensitive and I end up with ingrown hairs no matter what I do, he never cared for my discomfort. It never went anywhere cos as you can guess he was selfish lol but I am growing pubic back now but going to trim. I have a trimmer, going to keep it short just.

He sounds like an a-hole. Good that he was so open about it right from the start, so you dodged the bullet! :P

I also get ingrown hairs and lots of ''pimples'' when I shave, while it's somewhat more bearable when I wax (I get more ingrown hairs then, though). For now I have a full bush, but I think I'll at least shape it a little if I'm to have sex with a new partner who isn't fond of the wild look, haha!

All this talk of ingrown hairs and irritation, is it your method? As a male who shaves his face, and everything below the navel, and don`t get irritation, ingrown hairs or itching, i thought i would share my method and if anyone`s interested see if it works for them. I use a quality 5 blade razor (No disposable rubbish) and a non-foaming gel for sensitive skin, King of Shaves is good. I soak in a warm/hot bath before i shave.

I thought about this thread yesterday, having parked the car too far over to the side of our driveway...

MRS DEFAM: "Oh, I was going to go in the front way but there's too much bush..."

DEFAM: "No such thing as too much bush, darling!"

![](upload://aybhjky1mPlgqoACHVsxChgZRPM.gif)