Wooden Dildos?

Does anyone have experience with wooden dildos? It's something I'd love to try and I'm considering this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36788 for a start. But not sure about things like weight or which lubes to use etc. Any advice?

Never tried one, but as far as weight is concerned, I'd imagine they'd be very light?

I know many moons ago wooden dildos were used a lot but I have no experience I am afraid. I cant see what kind of wood it is to give you a guide on it weight as wood can really vary. It looks like it is completely sealed and treated so I'm sure any lube would do. I would be careful of too much water near it though incase of swelling and cracking. Maybe a wee query to customer care?

That's a good idea, I think I will speak to live chat when I plan on ordering it. Too poor right now :(

I have a wooden dildo and its SUUUPER light weight, I think to some degree all wood is gunna feel pretty light. I would use water based with them personally but I really don't know as much about it as I'd like to. I thought it would be similar to using glass and metal internally, but despite it (obv) being inflexible (like glass and metal) it felt so different as it doesnt have that cold or super smooth element to it and its lack of weight made it feel smaller and less intense.

I was tempted by this flogger/dildo aswell as I LOVE multifunctional toys and it looks quite pretty too! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

If it's properly sealed, then you should be able to use it with most type of lubricants. I would stick with water-based for now though as we don't know exactly how it's coated or what finish it has. I know that many people use silicone lubricant with toys from NobEssence, but that information is out there about what coating is used and its compatibility with lubricant.

The weight would depend on the type of wood being used and of course the size of the dildo.

Lots of variation is possible. Best thing is to try get down to a sexpo type event to the them on a stall all displayed for you to get to grips with.

I got a splinter under my fingernail today, the title of the thread made my wince! :p

I think i'd like the hardness of the wood, i'd like something weighty in my hand, that's why I adore glass so much.

I think theres only one way to really find out.. Guess I'm gunna have to buy it lol

Thank you for all your replies and tips :) I have to be careful of weight because I get hand pain just from using cutlery, but hopefully this will be as light as my silicone toys.

I just get so excited about new things and I've never tried wood before!

Definitely just gonna have to Vanilla_Kink! Let me know what its like. It really does intrigue me!

RosyCheek wrote:

Definitely just gonna have to Vanilla_Kink! Let me know what its like. It really does intrigue me!

Haha, I will write a review after I've given it a good testing ;)

Can you properly sanitze wood ?

SquirtyPanda wrote:

That was one of my concerns. I think I need to look into it a bit more x

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

SquirtyPanda wrote:

That was one of my concerns. I think I need to look into it a bit more x

yeah do. let us know what you find out ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

check out dangerouslilly and what she said regarding wood dildos and how to clean them. not too sure if im allowed to paste a link to the page?

SquirtyPanda wrote:

check out dangerouslilly and what she said regarding wood dildos and how to clean them. not too sure if im allowed to paste a link to the page?

Thank you I will have a look now. I was just going to risk it and order it earlier but it's out of stock :(

I will have to check what the coating is as it doesn't say on the product description

Not really that helpful but this thread has reminded me of craft fair making a rolling pin of dubious quality holding up to much sniggering of the surrounding people on realsising it was rather phalically shaped ... not embarressing at all!

The original posted one looks coated/painted so see few issues, I seem to recall the Scandinavian countries had made true wooden ones for a long time.