wrong customer?

hello!

i have sent a message over to the customer care section but this is worrying me slightly so i thought i would leave a msg over here in the hope it might get seen and answeared more quickly as there is no live chat at the moment.

i have just been sent an email saying you have recved my returned paracle however as far as i know i havent returned anything to you guys for months and i havent placed any orders for a while either.

can you tell me what this is about? its it just something as simple as emailing the wrong person (me) or if its something else?

its worrying me slightly as i have no idea what this could be about.

thanks

Dxx

Have you wishlisted anyone?

I know when I sent something to Rabbit Amnesty, I was in a rush and just grabbed the free post sticky off an invoice - turns out it was an invoice from a gift from someone and they got notified I'd returned it even though I'd not returned the gift, it was something else...They must track the stickers!

Adxx

Nope not sent a wishlist gift since last Xmas :-/ I've also looked at my order history and the oreder number given in the email doesn't match any on my order history :-/

Still no reply from LH. It's hair worrying me as don't know what it cane be bout. Hopefully I've just been sent The email by mistake

Dxx

Sorry for the wrong words my iPhone is auto wording! Drives me mad when writing replys on forums

Dxx