xmas with family...

I'm visiting the OH's family but happy we're in a hotel in case things kick off. What do you all prefer - spending christmas with family or away from them?

Would love to spend Christmas in a hotel with my lover.

family :-)

a lovely family christmas and my son on boxing day :)

Family time. It's the last time ill see my little sis for 3 months so will be special

English Rose wrote:

Would love to spend Christmas in a hotel with my lover.

That is another advantage of the evening escapes from the family do's over xmas. ;)

Hmm, interesting question. I actually have no family. And before your all say "what? you MUST have one!"... I really don't. I'm an only child, of an only child. No siblings, no uncles or aunts, or cousins. Grand arents died when i was younger. So did my mum... the selfish cow. So, i'm single, i'm familyless... and quite anti social So, i tend to hide myself away, somewhere quiet away from eveyone, on nmy own. No people. Just me. some alcolhol, some food, some films and some lovelly joints. As I work in hospitality, where i'm surrounded by people all the time.... it's such a pleasure to have 2 days all to myself.

Admitedly, I would love to be with someone this time of year. Oh the romance of it all. The snow, the log cabin, the roaring log fire, the wine mulling on the stove. It' all sounds so idylic. but, it's not to be. Maybe next year....

ps : if anyone DOES have a log cabin, can you let me know? thanks!

Family for sure!

hotel would be fun, but i cant be away from my cats at christmas id feel so heartless :) so home it is. x

in theory i'm working all over xmas but will be nice to get home with just me and mrs cappy.

daughter all grown up and this will be her first xmas with partner in their new home and rest of family is other side of country....so a nice quiet xmas evening with mrs cappy will suit me perfectly

Im going home for xmas, I cant wait to see the family. Sadly this will be the first with just the four of us as all of the rellies are either working or spending it with in laws families and my mums family are hundreds of miles away. I will get to see all of the aunts and uncles and cousins at some point, just not all together at once :(

I love spending time with my family, I've never seen an arguement break out at xmas and nobody gets embarrasingly drunk. Its great to go stay at home.

second year without mum and dad around so still getting used to "just" sisters and wife -

hate it all

Family... but just for one day.

First christmas with just me, Mr Em and our son but I would love to spend it with extended family, spent last christmas with my grandparents at their house abroad... was so nice to be surrounded by people who love you...x

The is the 1st christmas in years that I am spending it from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day at my Mums with my brothers as usually I just send Christmas Day with them having dinner , but no I am single I am going back home for Christmas & I can't wait x

Just me and my kids. Bliss