What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Hi everyone =D

I was just wondering what everyone is doing for Christmas this year?

Let me start by saying It's my first Christmas with my partner so I'm super excited!

My partners mum is coming down on the 23rd.

we are going to winter wonderland and for dinner on Christmas Eve.

Then we are going to have Christmas Day with all the family at my Nans and Grandads.

And on Boxing Day we are going to the sales in London then for dinner round my Nans again.

Then on New Years Eve me and my partner and my family will first have a little party before me and him go to the London Eye to see the fireworks and bring in the New Year.

So that's how minds going to go how about yours! :)

Wow Lollipop that makes ours kinda boring.

Gary lost his Mum in July so the family are coming to ours for dinner on Christmas Day Gary cooking he always does.

Going to wimbledon Boxing day as Gary is a scrutineer there for the stockcars

Be just Gary and i New Years Eve nice meal at home and a few drinkies

New Years day we will be back at Wimbledon as there is another stockcar meeting going on

That us x

My brother-in-law, his wife and his two children along with my husband and me we are all going to my parent in-laws house on Christmas Eve to stay over. While the kids are in bed, we're going to pass the presents out of the dining room to put under the tree lol.

Christmas day-my brother-in-law has work (he works at a pub), so all day it's basically helping my mother-in-law with the cooking and setting up the table. Christmas dinner, kids open their presents and head off to bed, then it's the adults turn to open presents, get drunk, play games all night long. I can't wait to see my father-in-law play Just Dance 4.

Boxing Day, play games and help around the house, eat and just relax.

New Years Eve- My husband and I are spending it at his parent's house. Basically drink all night while playing board/card games. :)

I'm not 100% sure at this moment in time as my OH has asked me to go to his for Christmas but I feel rather anxious about it, as it's our first Christmas together. Plus at home we aren't that celebratory, family wise so I'm undecided whether to go to his Christmas Eve and spend until Boxing Day or not go to his until late afternoon/evening Christmas Day. I'm sure I'll decide soon enough. :)

Sounds look lovely to me. :)

Oh forgot! and on New Year's Day we will all go round my nans and grandads again for dinner. :) xx

I'm going abroad for a few days to see my parents and spend christmas day (which is the 24th for them, not the 25th) with them and some extended family, then if everything goes as planned I'll hopefully be coming back in time to have new years with my girlfriend and our friends :) Nothing too exciting but it should be nice.

We spend Christmas very quietly, in-laws come to us Sunday before for dinner we give them their presents then we go to them boxing day, no drink for me I'm a recovering alcalholic new year I hate so don't celebrate at all.but every one else have a brilliant time.

I'm hoping then I will finally have time for everything...

Two telephone calls, other than that just enjoy the quiet. Maybe go out for a walk if weather and stamina allow.

Christmas this year is going to be very quiet.

With the move, and the delays with the kithen and spiralling finances and now the new addition of the puppy, Christmas is practically non-existant in our house - I haven't even had the time to put up the decorations yet.

Me and the OH decided we're not buying each other presents this year, as we've just bought the puppy, so the tree is going to be very empty this year! We might still get each other a little something so we have something to open but other than that..

We've got his parents down on boxing day and they are staying the night, but it will just be me, him and the puppy christmas day to enjoy a little bit of nice food and some christmas telly and then my family will be over on the 28th for the day. It'll be nice to have them all come to us for a change, rather than us going to them - and now we have the puppy, it's the perfect excuse to stay at home!

But I think this is the first year where it hasn't really felt like christmas, and I haven't been pro-active at getting food and things in for Christmas. Next year will be different. We will be completely settled, the puppy will be all grown up so we'll be able to go all out :)

We're spending Christmas Eve just me, Mickus and kids chilling out watching Christmas films.

Christmas Day it will be just us 5 again, then in the afternoon will be visiting OH's Nanna.

From Boxing Day onwards, we'll be spending the entire holidays having lie ins and snuggles on the couch.

New Years Eve we're (believe it or not) having a winter BBQ and having friends over!

I am working this Christmas so having to juggle visting Family and friends between that. Still looking foward to it though. So while all you lot are getting merry I will be very sober.

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Hi everyone =D

I was just wondering what everyone is doing for Christmas this year?

Let me start by saying It's my first Christmas with my partner so I'm super excited!

My partners mum is coming down on the 23rd.

we are going to winter wonderland and for dinner on Christmas Eve.

Then we are going to have Christmas Day with all the family at my Nans and Grandads.

And on Boxing Day we are going to the sales in London then for dinner round my Nans again.

Then on New Years Eve me and my partner and my family will first have a little party before me and him go to the London Eye to see the fireworks and bring in the New Year.

So that's how minds going to go how about yours! :)

That sounds like a lovely way to spend Christmas, I'm sure you and your partner will make lots of great memories of your first Christmas together!

My Christmas plans are very plain. I'll be having a meal with my parents and brother on Christmas day and then I'll be seeing my partner for a few nights as we've been together for 3 years on New Years Day. We haven't got anything planned on how to celebrate our anniversary tho, and he needs to travel home in the afternoon as he's back in work the following day.

First Christmas in our house so I'm doing Christmas dinner :-s never done it before so should be exciting, started making a list to get all the timings right and make it as stress free as possible.

working Christmas Eve so hopefully get off early, get home and do some last minute prep.

Christmas day I've got the in laws coming round for my first attempt at Xmas dinner.

sometime between Xmas and new year my dad is coming to visit for a couple of days.

new year will prob be a boring one sat it watching Jules holland, can't stand the bloke but it's a bit of a tradition. It's a shame it's actually filmed months in advance and isn't live

Going to the inlaws for dinner, staying overnight and then dinner out on the 26th, overall should be good fun.

The kids are all now of an age where the day is not special, they are over 20 now!

Looking forward to the food and the drink, good company and general excess.

Hope so Alimc really can't wait! =D

All your Christmases sound lovely everyone =D

It's my turn to have the terrorist so I'm super excited. Terrorists dad and I alternate Christmasses, so he had him last year, I have him for Christmas day this year and then he gets picked up on boxing day and goes to his dads for a week so I get a break too, bargin.

I'm super excited to see the little terrors face with his Christmas presents, though I have to admit I have spoilt him this year and got him much more than I initally thought I did! Whoops. We'll have present opening, where usually we'll all sit around the tree in the conservatory and hand out the gifts to each kid, usually everything is already wrapped up there anything that needs building is built the night before and wrapped so it's all ready.

Then we'll just play with the toys, more than likely threaten to kill the kids before 8am lol! Have a breakfast then my mum always makes a huge family dinner. Tis about it really.

Wish I was spending Xmas with the OH. But then we've never spent a Christmas together yet, maybe next year! =D

Working right up to and including Christmas eve, then back again 0500 on boxing day bah hum bug.

Gentle giant wrote:

Working right up to and including Christmas eve, then back again 0500 on boxing day bah hum bug.

Aww that's poop!

2 days with the oh's family, 2 days with my family and then home to sleep.