Your favourite offer

I have spent a while tempting myself by making a list of what I would buy from each of the 3 for £ offers. I would like stuff from all of the offers. So far I have only used the 3 for £10 offer and I think next I am going to make a selection from the 3 for £25. I seem to be working my way up price wise.

whats top of your temptation list? 3 for £10, £25, £50 or £75.

What items do you desire too?

I would like the small lockable case, the rechargeable clitoral vibrator and the micro wand ;)

Personally I'd rather have 40 or 50 percent off of one toy.
I own lots of cheap and mid priced shizzle and now I'm hungry for high end kit. Consequently there are never 3 things i want in the offer.

While i am tempted by some things in the 3 for £25 mainly lube i'd much rather have 50%+ off to bring something expensive in to the price range i can afford

I'd preferred luxury items with a big offer that's how I got my happy rabbit 2 I'm after a rechargeable wand now.

There's barely ever things I like in the 3 for £x offers or email offers - the 30% off 30 toys that goes around every so often always gets me hooked but then I'm disappointed because there's never anything I want in them! I definitely prefer straight up discount codes.

Having said that, I've been eyeing up the 3 for £25 for a while because the tiny case, my favourite hybrid lube and a glass plug I quite like the look of is in there. I'd rather put that £25 towards something on my wishlist though so I probably won't go for it.

That's interesting. I guess I'm still relatively quite new to LH so I haven't got that many toys at all. So these deals are rather tempting

Sum Sub wrote:

Personally I'd rather have 40 or 50 percent off of one toy.
I own lots of cheap and mid priced shizzle and now I'm hungry for high end kit. Consequently there are never 3 things i want in the offer.

I agree with this. Whenever ive bought from the 3 for £10 or 3 for £25 offer page it's because the item i wanted is almost at that price, so for an extra pound (or even penny!) i can get two additional items. Trouble is i almost always end up getting one thing that i dont really use because there was only one or two items i wanted.

I try and stick to buying what i want and wait until i have a discount code, or the dotw/dotd is something i also want and then buy.

Sometimes its tempting to think ooh that looks good in dotw and choose that over a discount but then often its something i use maybe once so then i shouldve opted for the discount!

Big discount codes, for sure.
I've got to the point now where, like Sub, I have a bunch of mid range stuff from the 3 for offers, which I like and use, but I'm wanting high end stuff.
Some of it I'm lucky to get as testers because I write pretty well, but some of it does have to have budget allocated, and so discounts are very much ftw.

I dont think I've ever used the '3 for' offers as there's usually 2 things I want but can never decide on a 3rd. I've bought loads of deal of the day stuff though, love the huge discounts :)

I'm usually tempted by the 3-for-£25 now, the 3-for-10 and 3-for-30 never seem to be as good value, the problem is every time I scroll through it's just "got it... got it... not for me... got it... didn't like it..." ![](upload://aybhjky1mPlgqoACHVsxChgZRPM.gif)

Now I'm mostly excited for the "what's new" sections!

Tend to use the 3 for10 to get massage oils and candles for the OH. have bought small toys but think the same as most that would rather go for better quality at a reduced price. Reckon the mark up on some things are quite high, especially the FSOG range.

The bundle offers are great if you are looking to boost your collection.

I've got to the point now where I too would much rather see discounts on some of the bigger ticket items - especially as there are things I would love to buy that at full price, are just not feasible.

That said, Lovehoney do chuck out discount codes and special offers every now and again, so everyone is covered.

The Christmas Day sale was absolutely amazing. The 3 for £ deals are great when you are after storage boxes and lubes.

I like 3 for 75 as it helps me afford more high end stuff but it would be nice to see large amounts of money off one toy to bring high end more affordable.

myghost wrote:

While i am tempted by some things in the 3 for £25 mainly lube i'd much rather have 50%+ off to bring something expensive in to the price range i can afford

*chokes on tea*

That's WAY bigger than our staff discount! :-O

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

myghost wrote:

*chokes on tea*

With the expensive luxury items is there a minimum price you have to sell them at? I know you need to make a profit but ive noticed that when you look around, most of the big named items are being sold at different places for the exact same price. Is there some kind of rule that you cant sell brand items below a certain price even if its on offer?

Ive always seen luxury vibes retailing for around £90 and thought that if one shop decided to slash the price to £60 (assuming thats still above the price they paid for it!) then they would steal the customers, sell more and make more overall, but im guessing theres some kind of law that prevents that?

JM88 wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

myghost wrote:

*chokes on tea*

With the expensive luxury items is there a minimum price you have to sell them at? I know you need to make a profit but ive noticed that when you look around, most of the big named items are being sold at different places for the exact same price. Is there some kind of rule that you cant sell brand items below a certain price even if its on offer?

Ive always seen luxury vibes retailing for around £90 and thought that if one shop decided to slash the price to £60 (assuming thats still above the price they paid for it!) then they would steal the customers, sell more and make more overall, but im guessing theres some kind of law that prevents that?

It works just like any other retail, where you might see, say, a KitchenAid in John Lewis or Debenhams or the local kitchen shop for a roughly similar price. They might do different deals or free gifts depending on what appeals to their customers.

Noone is allowed to 'fix' a price - there are laws preventing that but every supplier can give a recommended retail price. A supplier also has some choice over who they sell to and mostly prefer to sell to people who stay near their RRP.

As you can imagine, a business needs to cover various your costs (someone buying it, someone arranging for it to be shipped to the warehouse, photographing it, writing about it, someone putting it in the warehouse, someone picking it, postage, packaging, paying for the server that hosts the website, electricity to make our cups of tea...). These costs are broadly the same for most companies - just different scales depending on the size of the company - so depending on the price the supplier sold it for the end price to the customer is broadly the same.

Sorry if I'm being Boring Retail Person :D

I agree there isn't much in the 3 for £££ deal I want anymore tho there's probably 3 things I could pick out of the 3 for £75 deal having only ever bought stuff from this deal once.

I would much rather save up for a more expensive toy theses days. Having said that I did buy the 3 for £10 deal the other day because I wanted the playing cards and a message candle, plus needed to spend a bit more to get the free glass butt plug that was on offer last week :)

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Sorry if I'm being Boring Retail Person :D

Thanks for replying! Its something ive wondered as i have no experience in retail! All i know is that people need to make a profit!

I just thought maybe if a company make an expensive toy, they might be able to say that they dont want it sold for less than £X because they dont want it to look "cheap".