A guy who's noisy in bed

Just wondering how normal it is for guys to be noisy during sex.

My partner and I recently made a 'home movie'. What should have been the really erotic experience of re-watching it was more of a total cringe! I had no idea how noisy I am! I was making grunting, moaning and whimpering noises that started becoming comically high pitched as I neared orgasm, building a kind of squeal. I think I get so lost in the act that I'm oblivious to my sounds.

My partner admitted she's never know a guy like it, but doesn't mind as it communicates to her that I'm enjoying it. Just to add, she he is quite loud herself, but then women generally are. I've started to feel a bit self-conscious, which makes it hard to relax into a good sex session.

Also, god knows what the neighbours must think.
So guys are you loud? And ladies, have you ever been with any screamers? Help me feel less of a freak lol

1 Like

Definitely not unusual, and personally I don't really like it when a guy's silent - hearing someone enjoy themselves is a huge turn on for the vast majority of people!
Everyone thinks they sound weird, and it's disconcerting to hear your recorded voice in any context so hearing yourself in an intimate situation is bound to hit a nerve; is it really worth letting it put you off?!

Joe33 wrote:

Just wondering how normal it is for guys to be noisy during sex.

My partner and I recently made a 'home movie'. What should have been the really erotic experience of re-watching it was more of a total cringe! I had no idea how noisy I am! I was making grunting, moaning and whimpering noises that started becoming comically high pitched as I neared orgasm, building a kind of squeal. I think I get so lost in the act that I'm oblivious to my sounds.

My partner admitted she's never know a guy like it, but doesn't mind as it communicates to her that I'm enjoying it. Just to add, she he is quite loud herself, but then women generally are. I've started to feel a bit self-conscious, which makes it hard to relax into a good sex session.

Also, god knows what the neighbours must think.
So guys are you loud? And ladies, have you ever been with any screamers? Help me feel less of a freak lol

Hi there, I think you've got a bit of a wrong idea going on here!

Saying women are generally loud doesn't hold any more truth than saying men are generally quiet. You may have had loud women, but that is your own experience and doesn't quite reflect the world as a whole. My own experience is the opposite! Girls I have been with tended to lie quietly, whereas guys I've been with have been a lot more vocal. One guy in particular...well, lets just say the house had to be empty. And no, the noise level was not in any way linked to how much pleasure they were recieving :p

Yes, guys are loud. Girls are loud. People are loud! It's nothing to be ashamed of, but I can see how it would have been a shock if you weren't aware of how much noise you make. That's a pretty common thing too, would you believe. But if no one has brought it up, it's obviously not freakish! And remember...you'll always sound worse on camera! :)

1 Like

Thanks Lovebids!

Yes, I think it was just the shock of hearing and seeing myself orgasm,

I've not had any sexual activity with another person but masturbation I'm always completely silent. I think it's all subjective, that gender doesn't play a role and it is just how any given person expresses pleasure.

I'm not loud either never have been.

Not unusual some people are loud some people are quiet, I've been with guys who've been virtually silent and others who've been really loud. I have the opposite problem I'm almost silent in bed and sometimes it means guys don't think I'm getting off and think I'm not enjoying it. At least if someone's loud you know your doing it right.

I freaking love it when guys are noisy. My OH used to hold back so much until I told him how erotic I find it and now I love to see and hear him just lose himself in the act.

Honestly, just go with it :)

It turns me on massively when my husband's noisy, in fact I wish he was noisier but I think he holds back because we don't very often have the house completely to ourselves.
Years ago I used to be completely silent during sex then I discovered that letting go and making a noise actually made me feel even more aroused.
If your partner's happy with it then don't worry about it.
I can understand the slightly uncomfortable feeling of hearing yourself played back but please try not to let it spoil your enjoyment :)

1 Like

Nothing at all worng in being noisy, be it screaming moaning, groaning, whimpering. Seriously expressing ones sexual desire as corny as it may sound is `music` There is a lot of stigma towards the sounds that peope make when making love/having sex.

If your happy and your significant other is, then not to worry, your both happy between the sheets and out of them, thats all that truly matters, not what others think, say or believe :)

I tend to let go as orgasm takes over, especially when being masturbated. OH takes her time and holds me on the edge. Luckily were not joined to other property and no one else in house. God knows what the "kids" would make of it now.

eveeryones different, OH used to be silent, now he makes a little noise, he lets go when he orgasms, i love it! i'm loud throughout then go silent those few secconds before an orgasm then mega loud, i do think part of the reason i cant orgasm for sex is that im too loud and distract myself lol

1 Like

I wouldn't say I'm loud personally but nether is my partner.

I wouldn't worry about it too much everything is deferent :)

Different*

It varies from people to people, but I would say we're pretty noisy. And I prefer it that way - at least I get some sort of indication as to whether he/i'm enjoying himself/myself.

1 Like

Although I do make some noise, I've never thought of myself as particularly noisy. This now has me wondering whether I am underestimating my volume - I might have to tape myself masturbating and see if I've been deluding myself! :P

Don't worry about it, Joe. Like everyone has said, we're all different - some are loud, some are quiet. Everyone's also different in what they would prefer - some women might prefer it if you were a bit quieter, but your OH is clearly not of the opinion and enjoys you as you are, noises and all. :)

I must admit - just my personal preference - if I had to choose between my partner being a bit too loud or a bit too quiet, I'd go with loud. I like the validation of knowing I'm defintely getting the other person off.

1 Like

Oh I love my partner being noisy. That way I know he's enjoying himself as much as me :p

1 Like

I'm not that noisy but my girlfriend likes it when I am. She says it lets her know I'm enjoying it, so I think it's a good thing that you are.

Thanks fo all your replies - I'm feeling reassured. Next time we have sex I'm not going to hold back.

At the end of the day an orgasm just isn't so good if you're tended up and struggling to be quiet.

1 Like

*tensed up