A month without sex

Kimberleyking wrote:

my mr would be fine but i might end up having a breakdown lol

This !!

Try going 20 yrs in a marriage without sex. Its no picnic i can assure you.

i would definately say a month with out is doable but i have spent the last 8 months with nothing after a very active sexlife before. it has an impact on your self esteem when it goes on so long but my partner is trying to be understanding and its frustraiting for him too ( he got sick and the pills he has to take effect his sex drive) but at the moment it looks like il be selfservising for a little while longer

phreedom wrote:

i would definately say a month with out is doable but i have spent the last 8 months with nothing after a very active sexlife before. it has an impact on your self esteem when it goes on so long but my partner is trying to be understanding and its frustraiting for him too ( he got sick and the pills he has to take effect his sex drive) but at the moment it looks like il be selfservising for a little while longer

Hugs I know where your coming from six months for me I have toys but some weeks I don't bother even masterbation you live with it.,

I imagine if the sexual contact stopped for no real reason, it would be difficult to accept, upsetting even.

If there's a valid reason (health etc) and it was long term, I don't doubt that it's not easy, but perhaps there's more understanding as a couple.

I'd admire those of you who are in a relationship/marriage and not had sex with your oh for a long period of time, you must truly love that person, and that is to be admired.

I think my partner would have a harder time than i would. I would just get out my fav toys and look forward to the end of the month. I think my partner would be a lot more huffy though!

innocent-fun wrote:

I imagine if the sexual contact stopped for no real reason, it would be difficult to accept, upsetting even.

If there's a valid reason (health etc) and it was long term, I don't doubt that it's not easy, but perhaps there's more understanding as a couple.

I'd admire those of you who are in a relationship/marriage and not had sex with your oh for a long period of time, you must truly love that person, and that is to be admired.

It is hard we've been married 8 years this year if we've had sex 10 I'm lucky,I did blow my top last year after 2 and a half years of nothing he got jealous of my Peter Capaldi crush I flipped and replied "I'm sick of being a housekeeper" we talked then had it twice now back to Nothing but at least he shows more appreciation now OK no sex but I'm not just a cleaner any more. I get treated to loads of Who stuff now. Yes different I know cuddles keep us going to non sexual ones but they are important.

kittencub wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

It is hard we've been married 8 years this year if we've had sex 10 I'm lucky,I did blow my top last year after 2 and a half years of nothing he got jealous of my Peter Capaldi crush I flipped and replied "I'm sick of being a housekeeper" we talked then had it twice now back to Nothing but at least he shows more appreciation now OK no sex but I'm not just a cleaner any more. I get treated to loads of Who stuff now. Yes different I know cuddles keep us going to non sexual ones but they are important.

I feel for you. I've not been in your position, but I know it must be frustrating. Is there a reason why he doesn't want to have sex often? My husband very rarely initiates sex, which annoys me and we've spoken about before, but it's just the way he is, always has been, it was me who made the first move to kiss him at the beginning too. I imagine the frustration from a lack of regular sex in a relationship (in most cases) isn't about the desire to have sex but more about the desire to connect with your partner on a very personal level, like noone else would. Is there any substitute?

innocent-fun wrote:

kittencub wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

I feel for you. I've not been in your position, but I know it must be frustrating. Is there a reason why he doesn't want to have sex often? My husband very rarely initiates sex, which annoys me and we've spoken about before, but it's just the way he is, always has been, it was me who made the first move to kiss him at the beginning too. I imagine the frustration from a lack of regular sex in a relationship (in most cases) isn't about the desire to have sex but more about the desire to connect with your partner on a very personal level, like noone else would. Is there any substitute?

Meds and ill health at least I know why but it can get me down, today I count my blessings or try to he can't moan about my crushes now I've got three which he jokes about now knowing he can't give me a sexual relationship flaring up last year brought it to a head. I've told him talk to me I'm not a mind reader.

I reckon id cope well! Maybe a few times I will cave to masturbating but other than that I think I'd do well!

Like I said before I don't think sex is the bees knees and end all . As long as your partner still gives you affection and cares about you then that would do for me.

I've done it a couple of times when I've been away from my oh on adventures. I found that cos I was very busy I didn't have time to think about it too much.

Certainly made up for it when I got home though ;)

6 months and we were both gagging for it that was only down to a op she had done.

Yes we have been through many a month without sex. Particularly when wife was depressed on libido sapping drugs. It makes for many lonely wanks in a dark bathrooms in the middle of the night. It wasn't abstinence by my choice, which is different to the question I guess, but needless to say I really don't enjoy it. Our day to day relationship if I can call it that deteriorates as the sexless weeks go on, to the point where we turn into house mates without any affection between each other. So the sex is entirely necessary, for me anyway.

So in answer to the question, no, it does bad things!

my oh went off sex completely that was 11 years ago I found it almost unbearable but got use to it

But in December last year after a very short illness she past away I now am playing with myself all

the time and scared of meeting some body in case i can not come up to the mark !

my oh went off sex completely that was 11 years ago I found it almost unbearable but got use to it

But in December last year after a very short illness she past away I now am playing with myself all

the time and scared of meeting some body in case i can not come up to the mark !

sorry first time pressed twice!!

Id be bad - I have cried on two occasions where I had two weeks with no sex. Of course I have my toys, but it's nothing compared to the intimacy and emotion, as well as pleasure, with someone else there. And I know my partner says it affects him too, but not as much as me. Im a clinger and i love sex - it can be an intense combination haha.

Sadly there's a reason why I have such a large toy collection... One month -Try going 4 years, I'm practicly a Virgin again lol!!

I think I could probably (possibly?) handle it as part of some erotic tease & denial game. I don't think I could switch off my sexuality completely though.

Maybe.

Mine is now a case of having no choice....my relationship ended last night.